Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2013   #101
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This will be unpopular, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Or he needed one more year. Dungy went to the 6-10 Colts and took them to the playoffs every year including a Super Bowl victory. Yes Manning had a large role in that (although some would say he choked away several playoff appearances as well).
Maybe (on the one more year part). Or it was Gruden that instilled an offense that could score enough for the Dungy-built defense to dominate games. While merely opinion, Warren Sapp said recently that it was Gruden that gave them what they needed to go to the top. It's an opinion with merit, considering his tenure with the Bucs and his HoF career.

I think Dungy coming to the Colts was a perfect fit. You had a team with a great offense but needed a defense to go along with it. Dungy left the offense alone but brought his defensive acumen to the franchise and the results are evident.

BTW, I'm not a big Gruden fan (as HC). I'd rather have Dungy if choosing between them.
Old 11-05-2013   #102
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Please elaborate with an example of Bob McNair making a decision on football operations based on demands of fans.

Just one example. (Firing Capers after 2-14 is not it. That was a business decision.)

Do you pay attention to McNair's press releases and interviews at all? I do not mean this in an insulting or belittling way of any sort. But honestly, have you truly paid attention to Bob McNair the past 11 years?

I ask because McNair has never shown any inclination to make decisions on football operations due to fan outcry.

Correct. Sure, if it reaches a point where said fan outcry appears to be turning into fans no longer reaching for their wallets then yes, he reacts but by the time it reaches that point it is again purely a business decision on his part. So many people have to be in "fan rage" state at that point that any fool can see the decision coming.

I wonder how many times a day he gets advice from total strangers and just smiles and nods. I bet a lot.
Old 11-05-2013   #103
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've watched every possible game since 2002 and this is the only way I won't watch them this week. Yeah, that's how terrible of an idea I think starting Schaub would be.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read