Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #41
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This will be unpopular, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I'm just guessing but I feel like he actually had some play calling duties when he was here and the offensive production went way down after he left. Of course that's all conjecture and hear-say. To be honest, I'll take anyone as HC over Kubes. I want a HC with balls and I want Phillips gone too because our defense is starting to look a lot like the same crap we were running out there in 2010. Really would like a HC that hold people accountable and isn't afraid of making changes when stuff obviously isn't working, like Marciano's dumb ass.
I'm with you on replacing Kubiak (and not with Phillips) but not with you on taking "anyone". I really don't want anything to do with anyone that would fall back to this regime's style. Kyle Shanahan runs versions of Kubiak and Papa Shanahan's offense. Yuck. Give me something new and maybe even exciting.
Old 11-04-2013   #42
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I'm with you on replacing Kubiak (and not with Phillips) but not with you on taking "anyone". I really don't want anything to do with anyone that would fall back to this regime's style. Kyle Shanahan runs versions of Kubiak and Papa Shanahan's offense. Yuck. Give me something new and maybe even exciting.
Shanahan is young so I think he's more open to change. He's done some good things with RG3, I think he could bring excitement and at the same time use some of the assets we already have, like our ZBS o-line. I don't want to spend 3 drafts trying to replace all the guys we've already drafted for the o-line.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post

I think Dennison is the Frank Bush of the offense.

TJ
And you want to give him the Matt Schaub of quarterbacks to run this offense????
Old 11-04-2013   #44
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

They're calling the same plays,case is executing them 1000x better. He's shooting his gun which is something schaub refused to do. Schaub shouldn't ever see the field in a texans uniform. If case gets hurt or dinged,id rather see tj than schaub. When your qb was as bad as schaub was,he brought the whole team down.
Old 11-04-2013   #45
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
They're calling the same plays,case is executing them 1000x better. He's shooting his gun which is something schaub refused to do. Schaub shouldn't ever see the field in a texans uniform. If case gets hurt or dinged,id rather see tj than schaub. When your qb was as bad as schaub was,he brought the whole team down.
Case actually makes the throws, and lets he WR make a play, Noodle Arm wont do that and just dink and dunks it.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #46
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather end the season 2-14 with Keenum playing than start Schaub and win out from here ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #47
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

If that happens, then we definitely will need a new coach _and_
a first round QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'd rather end the season 2-14 with Keenum playing than start Schaub and win out from here ....
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2013   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If that happens, then we definitely will need a new coach _and_
a first round QB
Bottom line is this team isn't going to the playoffs this season ... May as well run Keenum out there and let him learn on the job. Playing Schaub is counterproductive to that end.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #49
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

> ... May as well run Keenum out there and let him learn on the job.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Bob will make Keenum's roster spot
mandatory in his next coaching hire.

A la David Carr with Gary's hire.

The sad thing is that I think Gary was coming around with Case.

I just have a feeling that Gary is done with football now -- for health
reasons.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #50
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-04-2013   #51
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
> ... May as well run Keenum out there and let him learn on the job.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Bob will make Keenum's roster spot
mandatory in his next coaching hire.

A la David Carr with Gary's hire.

The sad thing is that I think Gary was coming around with Case.

I just have a feeling that Gary is done with football now -- for health
reasons.

TJ
Nah-shouldn't be any mandatory roster spot crap like Carr. It didn't work then and won't ever work. You let coaches (with the GM's help) pick their players. Especially the QB. That said...hiring Art Briles or Kevin Sumlin would almost guarantee keeping Keenum around.
Old 11-04-2013   #52
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10083 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's assume that you are correct and Dennison is too incompetent to call plays for Keenum (seems premature) and will be bringing back turtle ball in Kubiak's absence ..what has Matt Schaub shown you this season that indicates he could execute even a lame offense better than Keenum? This question is courtesy of a crow-eating Schaub homer btw.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #53
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum or scahub it does not matter anymore the season is over bra

Might has well keep Case has the starter and see what we have......... its time to pepare for next year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #54
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
>Ask Kansas City if it takes years and years with a new HC and staff to start winning.

Someone like Andy Reed could work with our roster for sure, but I doubt
he's leaving any time soon.

You could say the same for Harbaugh at SF.
Yes, and this puts a lot more pressure on coaches AND front offices. We saw what Jim Harbaugh did in SF and what Andy Reid has done for KC, and suddenly the message is that one well-timed, good-fit coaching change can turn chumps into contenders in one season. That's probably not realistic in the general case, but just the same I don't think the regime in place is ever going to get us there.

How many Texans games have there been when they dominated the first half and then also "finished" and dominated the second half? To be honest, I can't think of any. Almost all games where the Texans dominated in the first half, they came out flat and struggled to hang on and win.... or outright lost.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #55
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because of this, and the fact that Dennison will now most likelybe setting the gameplan and calling the plays: I believe Schaub should be named the starter for next week.TJ
I likey where you going with this, speedfreek. Tanked the season by starting Schaub. Draft Clowney and watch him and Watt terrorize Luck for the next 10+ years against Indy.

Let's face it guys, we will have an uphill battle every year in this division as long as Indy has Luck for their QB. That dude will break our hearts every game if we don't upgrade our pass rushing personnel.
And just to be sure we get Clowney let's keep Bullock as our kicker as well.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #56
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
And just to be sure we get Clowney let's keep Bullock as our kicker as well.
And also as a reminder why you almost never use a draft pick on a kicker....
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #57
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 46216 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Nah-shouldn't be any mandatory roster spot crap like Carr. It didn't work then and won't ever work. You let coaches (with the GM's help) pick their players. Especially the QB. That said...hiring Art Briles or Kevin Sumlin would almost guarantee keeping Keenum around.
So would a Gruden hire.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #58
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 8152 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I agree with the OP but only because I want us to lose the rest of our games and I think Schaub starting would be the ideal way to accomplish that.
I'm totally on board with this idea. There is no realistic chance of making the playoffs this year thanks to last night's loss.

I want what is best for the franchise: Kubiak gone, Bullock replaced, a very high 1st round pick and a healthy Keenum for 2014.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #59
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
You know how certain sportswriters are forever ridiculed and their opinions are disregarded because of some silliness they wrote once? Like that guy who panned the JJ Watt pick and said the Texans would rue the day they didn't take the fat guy from Alabama. That guy has no credibility now.
that dunce chris baldwin may have redeemed himself with this year old article..

Cruel NFL Draft snub of Case Keenum shows how GMs outsmart themselves, but Texans get the last laugh
By Chris Baldwin
4.29.12 | 1:42 am

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/s...et-last-laugh/
Old 11-04-2013   #60
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Bottom line is this team isn't going to the playoffs this season ... May as well run Keenum out there and let him learn on the job. Playing Schaub is counterproductive to that end.
This. This is Chances chance to show us if he has what it takes to become our QB of the future. We need to know that more than we need to win games this year. This year is over as far as the playoffs go. People just need to accept that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read