Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #1
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 24531 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This will be unpopular, but..

Just heard that Kubiak was given stroke meds at the hospital..
Bad, bad news.

Having known multiple stroke survivors, he's going to have to
change his lifestyle if a stroke is truly what he suffered.

Because of this, and the fact that Dennison will now most likely
be setting the gameplan and calling the plays: I believe Schaub
should be named the starter for next week.

Why?

I simply have no faith that Dennison (or Wade for that matter)
could put together a winning offensive gameplan to make use
of Keenum's skillset.

In fact, I think we will see plays straight off the Denny's menu...
(something I saw a little of in the second half last night)

If that is the case, then Schaub probably gives us the best
chance to win against these weak teams with a non-elite
pass rush..

(and if Arian shows up and plays gangbusters we will know
he was taking a dive for Schaub with the injuries..)

Either that, or Dennison needs to work with Case to integrate
some of the stuff he did in college. (so Keenum can modify things
at the line)

He was fairly successful during his last bowl game running the
offense at the line of scrimmage after Sumlin left for A&M and
the special teams coach was named interim head coach..

Ok go ahead, flame me now..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #2
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This will be unpopular, but..

Hope that's not true about Kubes, but either way you are jumping way ahead of yourself. No chance Keenum isn't the starter regardless of what is going on with Kubiak. You can't bench a guy who's playing like that and not expect a mutiny.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

You know how certain sportswriters are forever ridiculed and their opinions are disregarded because of some silliness they wrote once? Like that guy who panned the JJ Watt pick and said the Texans would rue the day they didn't take the fat guy from Alabama. That guy has no credibility now.

You just said the team should start Matt Schaub again. That's on the record now.
Old 11-04-2013   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the OP but only because I want us to lose the rest of our games and I think Schaub starting would be the ideal way to accomplish that.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #5
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This will be unpopular, but..

Maybe the most illogical idea ever written on the Internet.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #6
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 24531 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong, I -hate- Schaubs play. I've been the biggest
homer for Keenum on this forum..

I also understand the points about mutiny, etc.

But... if this team goes 2-14 with Kubiak
in the hospital, I think we see a new head coach here next year..

(and that means years of re-tooling, Keenum gone,
AJ suffering through more losing seasons, etc..)

What a mess we are in. (injuries, poor play, and all..)

I think burning the Schaub jersey has angered the Gods..

TJ
Old 11-04-2013   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
You know how certain sportswriters are forever ridiculed and their opinions are disregarded because of some silliness they wrote once? Like that guy who panned the JJ Watt pick and said the Texans would rue the day they didn't take the fat guy from Alabama. That guy has no credibility now.

You just said the team should start Matt Schaub again. That's on the record now.
Yeah. He asked to be flamed. That was too gentle imo.

No matter who the coach is, no matter who the OC is, no matter if EVERY other starter on offense is injured, no matter...well you get the picture...Keenum should start. The only reasons that Keenum shouldn't be starting are:
1) Keenum is injured
2) Keenum plays much worse than Schaub did

Let's hope that neither happens.
Old 11-04-2013   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't want Schaub back. Ever. Even if they play a conservative game plan, Keenum can still release the ball quicker and throw it better. Even if it's just dumping off for five yards.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #9
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
I understand your point, but if this team goes 2-14 with Kubiak
in the hospital, I think we see a new head coach here next year..

(and that means years of re-tooling)

What a mess we are in. (injuries, poor play, and all..)

I think burning the Schaub jersey has angered the Gods..

TJ
Ask Kansas City if it takes years and years with a new HC and staff to start winning.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #10
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just heard that Kubiak was given stroke meds at the hospital..
Bad, bad news.

Having known multiple stroke survivors, he's going to have to
change his lifestyle if a stroke is truly what he suffered.

Because of this, and the fact that Dennison will now most likely
be setting the gameplan and calling the plays: I believe Schaub
should be named the starter for next week.

Why?

I simply have no faith that Dennison (or Wade for that matter)
could put together a winning offensive gameplan to make use
of Keenum's skillset.

In fact, I think we will see plays straight off the Denny's menu...
(something I saw a little of in the second half last night)

If that is the case, then Schaub probably gives us the best
chance to win against these weak teams with a non-elite
pass rush..

(and if Arian shows up and plays gangbusters we will know
he was taking a dive for Schaub with the injuries..)

Either that, or Dennison needs to work with Case to integrate
some of the stuff he did in college. (so Keenum can modify things
at the line)

He was fairly successful during his last bowl game running the
offense at the line of scrimmage after Sumlin left for A&M and
the special teams coach was named interim head coach..

Ok go ahead, flame me now..

TJ
I'm not flaming you for being a realist. In fact I just tried to post a poll on the source of a new coach if Kubiak can't return (though I hope he's ok). My poll wouldn't be accepted and the thread is listed as moved but won't open. The choices in the poll were:
1. Someone on Texans staff
2. An assistant coach with another NFL team
3. Somebody from collegiate ranks
4. Somebody not currently coaching
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #11
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Don't want Schaub back. Ever.
^this
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #12
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum made at least a dozen plays last night that Schaub can no longer make. It looks like Schaub was listening in on the playcalling last night but otherwise did nothing to support Keenum. #$%@ Schaub. It's ridiculous to say that barring injury he should see the field again in a Texans uniform. But then again nothing seems to change on this team without an injury occuring....
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #13
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
I'm not flaming you for being a realist. In fact I just tried to post a poll on the source of a new coach if Kubiak can't return (though I hope he's ok). My poll wouldn't be accepted and the thread is listed as moved but won't open. The choices in the poll were:
If Kubiak is let go AND Keenum continues to look really good - Art Briles (Baylor) or Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M) make too much sense to pass up. Both coached Keenum and could instantly have the coach/QB comfort level needed to win.
Old 11-04-2013   #14
speedfreek
All Pro

In a perfect world, I would have had Gary stay as a figurehead
coach (the players play for him) with Dana Holgorsen as OC, and
Wade Phillips as DC.

Crazy, yes, but at this point it would at least be interesting to watch.
(and I think it would work)

What probably happens is we get someone like Gruden, he fires Wade,
cuts Keenum, and 5 years later we're talking about having to draft
a better QB and determining if JJ Watt has lost a step and if AJ
will make it into the HOF on a first ballot.

Gloom and doom city for me..
TJ
Old 11-04-2013   #15
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Keenum made at least a dozen plays last night that Schaub can no longer make. It looks like Schaub was listening in on the playcalling last night but otherwise did nothing to support Keenum. #$%@ Schaub.
Agreed.

Matt is such a sulking baby he keeps his helmet on the whole game ... hiding.

What a douche-bag ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #16
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Wade will be announced you as the interim coach for the rest of the season by mid week (You can't afford to screw around with Kubiak's health at this point). Which probably means that we get him as our coach next year (which is a marginal improvement at best).

But assuming there some miracle occurs I want a coach with head coaching experience in the pros or college. No more coordinators...at least not on this go round.
Old 11-04-2013   #17
speedfreek
All Pro

>Ask Kansas City if it takes years and years with a new HC and staff to start winning.

Someone like Andy Reed could work with our roster for sure, but I doubt
he's leaving any time soon.

You could say the same for Harbaugh at SF.

But I just don't see a guy like that out there and available right now. And
gambling on some of these pro-style coordinators and unproven
college head coaches puts the same expression on my face that
Bullock has before a kick attempt..

TJ
Old 11-04-2013   #18
AMartin56
Veteran

Quote:
In a perfect world, I would have had Gary stay as a figurehead
coach (the players play for him) with Dana Holgorsen as OC, and
Wade Phillips as DC.

Crazy, yes, but at this point it would at least be interesting to watch.
(and I think it would work)

What probably happens is we get someone like Gruden, he fires Wade,
cuts Keenum, and 5 years later we're talking about having to draft
a better QB and determining if JJ Watt has lost a step and if AJ
will make it into the HOF on a first ballot.

Gloom and doom city for me..
TJ
Yeah....KC is in year 5 of their rebuilding project so it's right to be cautious with a coach that has already had eight years to get it done.
Old 11-04-2013   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

No.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #20
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No.
Rep

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read