Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2013   #141
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing FIRE Randy Bullock

Our Texans are setting records once again after Matt Schaub's debacle.

Quote:
Bullock is the first player since 1985 to have a field goal percentage under 62 percent with at least 20 attempts through eight games.
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...s-27-texans-24
Old 11-05-2013   #142
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 30235 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Who gives a crap about kickoff distance if he can make field goals I'll take the short kickoffs any day.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #143
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Who gives a crap about kickoff distance if he can make field goals I'll take the short kickoffs any day.
Can Lechler kickoff? I see where he's done it a handful of times from 2005-2009 for the Raiders and I assume that if he was truly any good at it he would have been asked to keep doing it but...... options?
Old 11-05-2013   #144
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I'm on board with you there silvrhand 'cause we have those "special" teams that can mop up the return. Most of the time before the returner can cross the 50. That's pretty good ain't it?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #145
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Can Lechler kickoff? I see where he's done it a handful of times from 2005-2009 for the Raiders and I assume that if he was truly any good at it he would have been asked to keep doing it but...... options?
Well, on one hand, when you've got Sebastian Janikowski on your roster, the fact that they haven't used him to kickoff more than they have says very little. On the otherhand, in the 16 times he has kicked off in the NFL (including 9 times in 2012 when the kickoff line had been moved to the 35 yd line), he's got one touchback, and a 64.4 yard average. That gets his average kick to just barely short of the endzone.

Is he an option? Not a bad one in an emergency situation, but not a good one on an every game basis.

Oh, and while I agree that FG accuracy is more important that kickoff distance, I don't agree that you ignore the latter at the expense of the former. Your opponents starting field position does matter, and being able to put them on the 20 more than half the time would be a huge deal - even if your coverage teams don't suck as bad as ours currently do.
Old 11-05-2013   #146
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans would seemingly do better if both teams on kickoffs started at 20. I cringe every time Martin takes ball out.
Old 11-05-2013   #147
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

What SUX blue whale DC IK is the fact that WE GOT RID OF RACKERS (one of the most hard core kickers IN football)...for THIS CLUB-FOOTED ASS-CLOWN! Rackers was making tackles and gettin' hits on muff-huggas...AND he was making field goals! Kube saw an Aggie with potential and homie turned into a field goal kicking version of Vince Young/Tim Tebow...cut your losses Gary! Sing the Aggie fight song with this chump then tell him to get his monkey-ass on!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013   #148
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
What SUX blue whale DC IK is the fact that WE GOT RID OF RACKERS (one of the most hard core kickers IN football)...for THIS CLUB-FOOTED ASS-CLOWN! Rackers was making tackles and gettin' hits on muff-huggas...AND he was making field goals! Kube saw an Aggie with potential and homie turned into a field goal kicking version of Vince Young/Tim Tebow...[/b]cut your losses Gary! Sing the Aggie fight song with this chump then tell him to get his monkey-ass on!
I want to disagree with you Dread. I really do. I have failed to figure out how though so you win.
Old 11-05-2013   #149
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

When you look at Bullock's performance, it reflects what many of us feared would happen when we were told that there would be no competition.

longest FG:48 yds

1-19 yds: 0-0
20-29: 5-5
30-39: 1-1
40-49: 7-11
50+: 0-4
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #150
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
When you look at Bullock's performance, it reflects what many of us feared would happen when we were told that there would be no competition.

longest FG:48 yds

1-19 yds: 0-0
20-29: 5-5
30-39: 1-1
40-49: 7-11
50+: 0-4
How sad. I know high school kickers with better stats than that, yet this guy is getting paid to kick.
Old 11-05-2013   #151
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I want to disagree with you Dread. I really do. I have failed to figure out how though so you win.
Didn't Graham replace Rackers first and then we drafted Bullock?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #152
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Didn't Graham replace Rackers first and then we drafted Bullock?
Nah - Graham was brought in a week or so after the draft for competition/mentor with Bullock. Graham kicked the competition to a tie and Bullock got injured so he got the job.
Old 11-05-2013   #153
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 69297 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

This would at least be interesting on Sundays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #154
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Hogan could join fellow Cougar Case Keenum on the Texans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #155
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86538 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
This would at least be interesting on Sundays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo
He plays with the Lions I believe.
Old 11-05-2013   #156
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Matt Hogan could join fellow Cougar Case Keenum on the Texans.
where is matt? the guy has some ncaa records....I read in 2012 he was 3/3 over 50 yards FG's.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #157
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
We need to get a new inside linebacker too. Cushing will get hurt every year he plays unfortunately. I really love Cushing's play and attitude but too reckless. At best we can hqve Cushing along side a future great inside linebacker.
There's no such thing as a too reckless MLB. However until Wade gives up on this idea that a small penetrating NT can be successful all our MLB's are going to continue to wear down and get injured during the course of the year.
Old 11-05-2013   #158
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Curious if Marciano has the kickers practice with narrow field goal posts in practice
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #159
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Graham was just awful at kickoffs though. Could barely make it to the goal line even with the rule changes. They resorted to squibbing it half the time. Don't think Rackers had much of a bigger leg.

I guess at this point, the Texans will sacrifice return yardage for FGs.
It's not unheard of for a team to carry two kickers - one for kickoffs and one for field goals. The disadvantage of using two positional slots is obvious. But as previously mentioned, Bollock does have great physical tools if he could just get his head straightened out.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #160
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut Bullock let Lechler or whoever kick the XP and let's go for 6 every drive.ENDZONE OR BUST BABY!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read