Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #101
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
Fat Randy suks so bad coaches never try to ice him. seriously, i dont remember him being iced ever.
Pretty sure he was iced at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
We need to get a new inside linebacker too. Cushing will get hurt every year he plays unfortunately. I really love Cushing's play and attitude but too reckless. At best we can hqve Cushing along side a future great inside linebacker.
Talk about off topic... =P
Old 11-04-2013   #102
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing FIRE Randy Bullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
Fat Randy suks so bad coaches never try to ice him. seriously, i dont remember him being iced ever.
You don't remember him being iced at the end of the Titans game, well, before he missed a few times, made one that didn't count and sent us to OT?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #103
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Don't tell the Smithiak supporters that though. They'll just look for another reason for why a player is responsible for problems on a team that constantly has reliability issues all across the board. This franchise will remain a joke until we get a new regime.
I think they gave him every opertunity to prove himself, and handled the situation properly. They had faith in a guy they hand selected, gave him a chance to put a poor start behind him, which he was starting to do, but after yesterday, it obviously hasn't panned out, as the fans (and likely his teammates) confidence in him is absoutely shot.

Perhaps cutting him after week 3 like you were soliciting would have resulted in another kicker making those field goals last night, but who knows. I think it is clear, even at this relatively early stage in his professional career, that he is going to struggle with the job, and despite the obvious physical tools he has, the mental aspect of the job seems to be too much for him to handle.

The only reason I think he'll stick around, is as others mentioned, as the season is realistically done now - and why shoulder the extra cost, and loss of draft picks of brining in a veteran kicker.
Old 11-04-2013   #104
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #105
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans had a 96 percent chance of winning when Bullock lined up for that field goal up 24-12 with 11 minutes to go. http://live.advancednflstats.com/ind...id1=2013110310

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #106
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I think they gave him every opertunity to prove himself, and handled the situation properly. They had faith in a guy they hand selected, gave him a chance to put a poor start behind him, which he was starting to do, but after yesterday, it obviously hasn't panned out, as the fans (and likely his teammates) confidence in him is absoutely shot.
That was all fine and dandy, but there was nothing wrong with bringing in other guys to challenge him in practice to see if they had other options out there that might have been better. They neglected to even think about doing that which was the same thing a few years ago when Brown was struggling horribly. Kubiak didn't learn from that and made the same mistake. Why can I see these things as a fan and a 8 year HC can't?

Quote:
Perhaps cutting him after week 3 like you were soliciting would have resulted in another kicker making those field goals last night, but who knows.
I never solicited to cut him after that week. I solicited to bring in other kickers which was the title of the thread I started. I wanted Bullock to have to compete to keep his job. If he would have won then so be it. He wasn't challenged to keep his job though which was the same problem with Schaub going into this season.

Quote:
I think it is clear, even at this relatively early stage in his professional career, that he is going to struggle with the job, and despite the obvious physical tools he has, the mental aspect of the job seems to be too much for him to handle.
Well the signs were there prior to this week. Why do we once again have to wait for the train wreck to happen before we prepare and make adjustments?

Quote:
The only reason I think he'll stick around, is as others mentioned, as the season is realistically done now - and why shoulder the extra cost, and loss of draft picks of brining in a veteran kicker.
It really doesn't matter at this point. This is just another failure of a season under a regime that continues to coddle players like this for to long and they kill them team's chances.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #107
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
lol - good stuff
Old 11-04-2013   #108
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This is monumentally worse than Kris Brown's bad season. Bullock has got to go.

Sign kickalicious off whatever practice squad he is on.
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #109
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me preface my remarks by saying "I can NOT kick a field goal!" free to quote me on that. I can't make a TEN yard field goal. I wouldn't make it unto a HIGHSCHOOL team as a kicker, much less a college one and the thought of me being a kicker in the pros is BEYOND laughable". I AM however of the opinion that if you're BLESSED enough to have the god given talent to kick a football straight for 50+ yards then you should be paid a kings ransom to do it for someone's football team. If you lack that ability, then you should be either in the stands or WATCHING AT HOME like the rest of us.

The way I see it, if you get four attempts to kick a fieldgoal and you make one You fall into catagory 2. I'm no math whiz (as I AM quite stupid) but the way I figure it that's an accuracy rating of 25% IF you were evaluated at work at your rating was 25%, would YOU still have a job?

FIRE this club-footed MUFF-HUGGA!

My apologies to anyone who actually has a club foot
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #110
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy Bullock should be fired........out of a cannon.......into a cactus patch......naked.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #111
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Randy Bullock should be fired........out of a cannon.......into a cactus patch......naked.
Please don't stop there...
Old 11-04-2013   #112
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
...while blindfolded...and said field of cacti should be stocked with rattle-snakes, scorpions, televangelist and Amway salesmen.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-04-2013   #113
Play4theSlushie
Rookie

Yeah but hes for the most part consistant
(Lechler) Not Bullock

Last edited by Play4theSlushie; 11-04-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: BIG MISTAKE
Play4theSlushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #114
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire him. Nuff said.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #115
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
...while blindfolded...and said field of cacti should be stocked with rattle-snakes, scorpions, televangelist and Amway salesmen.
... and some of those girls at the mall who work in the cosmetics/perfume section and spray alcohol based "stink" on you before you see them coming.

Lots of them. Aggressive ones with big sample spray bottles.
Old 11-04-2013   #116
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time he's up for a FG I get reminded of the scenes from The Longest Yard where the kicker tries kicking the ball but fails miserably every time.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #117
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
... and some of those girls at the mall who work in the cosmetics/perfume section and spray alcohol based "stink" on you before you see them coming.

Lots of them. Aggressive ones with big sample spray bottles.
"Like...OHMYGAAAAAWD...you like...sooooo....have to try this new scentfromCalvinKliiiiien....!
Old 11-04-2013   #118
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
"Like...OHMYGAAAAAWD...you like...sooooo....have to try this new scentfromCalvinKliiiiien....!
Yes. THAT is what he deserves. After the cactus needles and all the other stuff. A good hosing down with extra stinky rubbing alcohol. To the death? No..... To the PAIN!
Old 11-04-2013   #119
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Every time he's up for a FG I get reminded of the scenes from The Longest Yard where the kicker tries kicking the ball but fails miserably every time.
But on the plus side, I no longer get nervous before and during important field goal attempts, since I now just assume they will all be missed.
Old 11-04-2013   #120
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Randy: Gary, are they booing me?
Gary: Uh, no, they're saying "Boo-lluck, Boo-lluck".
Randy: Are you saying "Boo" or "Boo-lluck"?
Everyone: Boo!
Hans Moleman: I was saying "Boo-lluck".
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read