Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2013   #201
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: All Encompassing FIRE Randy Bullock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm no expert. i've rewatched the 3 misses from sunday repeatedly and i just dont like his form at all. first off, he's slightly different on each. he begins his first two with a slight lean back or hesitation. he also seems to be a bit bouncy on his approach, not settling himself with his right leg and making the plant more difficult. i prefer a much more solid right foot than being on your toes to calm and balance the next step. finally he's more over the top of the ball than i like, which can aid in distance at the cost of accuracy. the last kick he was off-balance from the get go, falling off to his left before finishing the first step.

in my opinion the least important part of the kick is the kick itsself. it's all about the approach - step, plant, swing. you have to be balanced and you have to be accurate with your plant foot. this is even more important when you're struggling. players often get too worried about the situation and lose their form, or they try to adjust instead of getting the simple mechanics right. much like chuck hayes who could shoot freethrows in college, but looked like he was having a seizure by the end of his pro career.

it's my conclusion that he's got too much to fix. he cant calm his mind enough to perform in stressful situations, and he has mechanical flaws as well that will be very difficult to iron out. as such he's probably going to be pretty streaky his entire career.
Did you stay at a holiday inn last night?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #202
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Did you stay at a holiday inn last night?
how did you know?!?!
Old 11-08-2013   #203
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'm no expert. i've rewatched the 3 misses from sunday repeatedly and i just dont like his form at all. first off, he's slightly different on each. he begins his first two with a slight lean back or hesitation. he also seems to be a bit bouncy on his approach, not settling himself with his right leg and making the plant more difficult. i prefer a much more solid right foot than being on your toes to calm and balance the next step. finally he's more over the top of the ball than i like, which can aid in distance at the cost of accuracy. the last kick he was off-balance from the get go, falling off to his left before finishing the first step.

in my opinion the least important part of the kick is the kick itsself. it's all about the approach - step, plant, swing. you have to be balanced and you have to be accurate with your plant foot. this is even more important when you're struggling. players often get too worried about the situation and lose their form, or they try to adjust instead of getting the simple mechanics right. much like chuck hayes who could shoot freethrows in college, but looked like he was having a seizure by the end of his pro career.

it's my conclusion that he's got too much to fix. he cant calm his mind enough to perform in stressful situations, and he has mechanical flaws as well that will be very difficult to iron out. as such he's probably going to be pretty streaky his entire career.
Again, I think this shows that Marciano needs to go. You've got a kicker with a great leg, but who doesn't have someone telling him his swing flaws. I think we need to get rid of everyone on ST except Lechler in the offseason. Bullock can stay to improve our draft status.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #204
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36629 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>Again, I think this shows that Marciano needs to go. You've got a kicker with a great leg, but who doesn't have someone telling him his swing flaws.

It's very likely that is the thinking going on in the front office.

Perhaps Gary and Rick believe that Marciano is incapable of fixing the
flaws, but someone else might...

Maybe they go with another ST coach in the offseason believing that
Bollocks is a keeper with the right coaching..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #205
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
how did you know?!?!
LOL sorry that commercial popped into my head for some reason with the fat kicker at a game and you came in on the sidelines.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #206
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
>Again, I think this shows that Marciano needs to go. You've got a kicker with a great leg, but who doesn't have someone telling him his swing flaws.

It's very likely that is the thinking going on in the front office.

Perhaps Gary and Rick believe that Marciano is incapable of fixing the
flaws, but someone else might...

Maybe they go with another ST coach in the offseason believing that
Bollocks is a keeper with the right coaching..

TJ
I'd love to know what radio frequency you use to pick up Smithiak's mindwaves, because all I'm getting is static.
Old 11-08-2013   #207
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd love to know what radio frequency you use to pick up Smithiak's mindwaves, because all I'm getting is static.
Then you might actually be precisely tuned in.
Old 11-08-2013   #208
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36629 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>I'd love to know what radio frequency you use to pick up Smithiak's mindwaves, because all I'm getting is static.

I picked it up pre stroke.. If you tune in now, static is all you get..

Seriously though, if you look at Jacoby and Trindon, it's not
all that unfathomable to think that Gary and Rick could conceive
of the Bollocks issue being related to poor tutelage.

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #209
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@JPalmerCSN : Randy Bullock
brought in his kicking coach he's had
since HS on Tuesday. Found him on the
internet. #Texans

He said screw Marciano. Lol!!!!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #210
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

How about have him work on kicking before getting his big ass down the field faster. Imo, he threw Marciano under the bus with these comments

Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 33m
Randy Bullock said he's been working the last weeks at being faster to the ball. #Texans have been telling him to get down field quicker.
Old 11-08-2013   #211
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

From Clutch Fans:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #212
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Think about THESE impressive numbers:

1] Only 48.5 percent of his kickoffs have been touchbacks. 25th in NFL

2] He hasn't made any of his four tries from 50 yards or more.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #213
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dutch and Speedfreak = Aggie on Aggie crime. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #214
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126039 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Dutch and Speedfreak = Aggie on Aggie crime. LOL
I think Speedfreak's a Cougar. Prof pic?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #215
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
LOL sorry that commercial popped into my head for some reason with the fat kicker at a game and you came in on the sidelines.

wait, how do you know what i look like? or did you picture a dancing cartoon baby coming onto the field?
Old 11-17-2013   #216
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to go Randy hitting your kicks today for Schaub and Kubiak. Are you part of their love fest?

Why couldn't you hit one for Case?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #217
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Way to go Randy hitting your kicks today for Schaub and Kubiak. Are you part of their love fest?

Why couldn't you hit one for Case?
Lol that hadn't crossed my mind
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #218
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Lol that hadn't crossed my mind
Right?

You know it's bad when Bullock gets ragged on for making his kicks!

I'll join in with a big F-U to K-Mart for his stupid punt return. GTFO with that $hite!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read