Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-27-2014   #341
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Martin v. Incognito: [update] Wells Report released

Richie Incognito bullies his own Ferrari with baseball bat

Dude is on the verge of going postal.

Last edited by Playoffs; 02-27-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #342
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Andrew Luck in favor of bringing Jonathan Martin to Indianapolis

In an interview with on NBC Sports Network's Pro Football Talk show on Wednesday, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck said he'd be in favor of bringing his former Stanford teammate to Indy.

Specifically, Luck was asked what he would tell the Colts' front office if he were asked about Martin, "I'd say I love Jon, we had a great time at Stanford together, still stay in touch with him regularly and I think he's a great man," Luck said.

Just to be clear though, the Colts quarterback was also asked if he'd be 100 percent in favor of bringing Martin to Indianapolis, "Yes," Luck said.

Luck also added that he's spoken to Martin within the past couple of days.

If Martin's looking for welcoming locker room, Indianapolis might be his best bet. The Colts are basically Stanford-east. Besides Luck, the Colts also have three more of Martin's former Stanford teammates -- Coby Fleener, Griff Whalen and Delano Howell -- plus Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton had the same job at Stanford while Martin was there.

Full article
Indy looks like the best place for him to land. It probably depends a lot on what Miami wants for him, but all things considered, they'd be better off just settling for whatever they can get at this point.
Old 02-28-2014   #343
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Quote:
On personal note, I wish the best for Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin as both men deal with very different, very difficult challenges.

Mental health is clearly not a simple, one-dimensional matter. It’s something I’ve learned more about in recent months than ever in my life.

To understand some of the mental struggles Incognito has faced in his past, I’d encourage you to read this: http://on.nfl.com/18qvQqN

During a recent talk with Incognito, he used one phrase more often than any other: “I’m a football player. I just want to play football.”

To their credit, the NFL Players Association and NFL have both been involved in the efforts to assist Richie Incognito during his struggles.

Incognito has spent the last several weeks in a variety of emotional states, which has led those closest to him to steer him toward help.

There’s oft-forgotten layer to this complicated Dolphins story: Richie Incognito also has long dealt with his own mental-health challenges.

I’ll have more details for you soon, but I wanted to pass along at least that much in the meantime.

Incognito is currently being treated at a facility in Arizona after what has been some very stressful times for him & those closest to him.

After a very long few weeks, I can report Richie Incognito has accepted professional help in wake of severe mental stress from Wells report.

Last edited by Playoffs; 02-28-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2014   #344
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I call BS. Incognito is a POS and is a dumb animal. What's your next ploy Ritchie? You gonna find God too?

And if he's truly in need of metal health ans suffering count me as one of the people with no empathy for his situation.
Old 02-28-2014   #345
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I call BS...
I dunno, that interview -- while not as typically over-the-top -- felt a little manic of bipolar disorder. He's sought help in the past.
Old 02-28-2014   #346
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a PR stunt.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #347
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I dunno, that interview -- while not as typically over-the-top -- felt a little manic of bipolar disorder. He's sought help in the past.
I hope he gets the same level of assistance he so often provided.
Old 02-28-2014   #348
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Sounds like a PR stunt.
I'm cynical like that about human nature, as well. A tiger can't change his stripes and all that jazz.

However, IF Richie is sincere about seeking help and IF that help can actually make him a better man, then go for it. But that's not the kind of thing that can be confirmed a year out of treatment. It's going to take a long time before you can really see if the dude has changed his inner core self. Good luck with all that.
Old 02-28-2014   #349
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I hope he gets the same level of assistance he so often provided.
This.
Old 03-02-2014   #350
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
In the days before he reportedly checked himself into an Arizona psychiatric facility, Richie Incognito was calling some friends at odd hours, apparently after drinking, and leaving messages about being followed by NFL and government investigators.

He complained that his agent, California-based David Dunn, was actually a “double agent” helping the NFL end his career and adding he was going to “track Dunn down and fire him face-to-face.”

And then this from one associate who talked to Incognito before the former Dolphins offensive lineman apparently took a baseball bat to his own $295,000 Ferrari FF:

“He’s in Arizona now and all he does is work out during the day and get drunk every night. The way things have been going lately, I keep expecting to hear the worst.

“You media guys talk about where he’s going to be playing next season. I wonder if he’s going to be alive next season...”
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/0...ncognitos.html
Old 03-02-2014   #351
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a loosely based theory that it is most often BAD people who DEVELOP serious mental problems. Drugs and alcohol, steroids included, speed up the process.

I am very well aware that people with mental problems try to self medicate with alcohol and street drugs, but I do believe it works both ways.

PS-age is a factor and I don't mean to pick on elderly people who slowly developed problems. That can happen to anyone. You can, of course, get knocked in the head in some accident.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014   #352
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Filed to ESPN: San Francisco is trading a conditional draft pick to Miami for OT Jonathan Martin
Old 03-18-2014   #353
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO
Quote:
Its great to be HOME in Arizona!!!!!!!

Richie Incognito ‏@68INCOGNITO 53m
FOR SALE
BLACK FERRARI FF
@FerrariMagazine
$1.00

Looking forward to getting back to work ASAP

I missed you guys. Thanks goes out to my family and friends for the tremendous amount of support.

Whats up TWITTTTTTTTTER
They let him out of his pen.
Old 03-26-2014   #354
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Martin traced the onset of what he considered to be verbal harassment to around the first game of the 2012 season, when, according to Martin, John Jerry began to call him a "*****" repeatedly, in what Martin said was a disrespectful and demeaning tone. Martin reported that at one point, Jerry dared him to "say something back," and soon after he did not, the insults escalated, with Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey routinely calling him a "*****" as well as a "******," a "****" and a "*****."
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/3/21...onathan-martin
So according to Martin himself, the initial harassment came not from Incognito but John Jerry, another black man.
So once again, when you get the likes of English Lit major like Tony Kornheiser or Santa Barbara, CA native Jim Rome making judgments about things like the culture of the NFL, something they know absolutely nothing about, we end up with the mess we now have which is entirely unnecessary.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #355
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
So according to Martin himself, the initial harassment came not from Incognito but John Jerry, another black man.
So once again, when you get the likes of English Lit major like Tony Kornheiser or Santa Barbara, CA native Jim Rome making judgments about things like the culture of the NFL, something they know absolutely nothing about, we end up with the mess we now have which is entirely unnecessary.
So Kornheiser is defined by his undergraduate degree and has learned nothing in 30 years of covering sports? That's not even a limb your standing on. Put the saw down and try to catch something to stop your fall.
Old 03-26-2014   #356
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So Kornheiser is defined by his undergraduate degree and has learned nothing in 30 years of covering sports? That's not even a limb your standing on. Put the saw down and try to catch something to stop your fall.
Not nearly enough to knowledgeably critique the mores and values of the contemporary NFL locker room culture. Unlike the world of great literary artists like Shakespeare, Dickens, & DH Lawrence, Kornheiser knows little of the mentality of NFL football players. One would think he'd learned more from PTI partner Wilbon after all of those years together.
Old 03-26-2014   #357
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
What about 32 NFL team owners and a commissioner that has worked in the league's front office for over three decades? Do they know anything about the culture of the NFL?

The NFL is a global corporate brand now. This is not the obscure league of the 1950's anymore. This is big business, and no amount of hand-wringing in defense of inexcusable behavior is going to keep it in place.
Old 03-26-2014   #358
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What about 32 NFL team owners and a commissioner that has worked in the league's front office for over three decades? Do they know anything about the culture of the NFL?
The NFL is a global corporate brand now. This is not the obscure league of the 1950's anymore. This is big business, and no amount of hand-wringing in defense of inexcusable behavior is going to keep it in place.
Yes they absolutely know the culture of their league, including most of the dirty little secrets like this incident. But then this little deal went public, and the PC police in the national media got a hold of it and totally misinterpreted and overreacted to it, and it blew up in every bodies face, and then the league had to pretend it was a big deal and so they went thru this whole charade.
But it's really no big deal.
Old 03-26-2014   #359
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Martin has done a disservice to players that have other choices than playing NFL football.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #360
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Quote:
Incognito has gotten interest from multiple teams, despite baggage. Speaks to the lack of talent at the guard position across the league.

Bucs bringing in Richie Incognito for a visit today, per our @JayGlazer
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
Quote:
Keep in mind as Richie Incognito visits Bucs: He is not yet fully reinstated to play regular season. That’s been month-long sticking point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read