Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl XLIX?
New England Patriots 16 43.24%
Seattle Seahawks 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2015   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 468091 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl XLIX prediction thread

Super Bowl XLIX
New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks

University of Phoenix Stadium, 6:30 p.m. ET, NBC

Straight up, who you got?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 217041 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl XLIX prediction thread

New England 34, Seattle 21.
Showtime100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67946 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seattle 34-27.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #4
austins23
All Pro

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 28432 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

30 - 20, Flat Balls
Old 01-23-2015   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 222155 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, I always have a problem when choosing which cheater to go with
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #6
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 105657 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Patriots!!! To hell with the Seachickens.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35803 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Cheaters don't deserve to win.

Back-to-back Super Bowl champions and a legit dynasty in the making?

Seattle Seahawks 27, New England Patriots 17
Old 01-23-2015   #8
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35803 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
New England 34, Seattle 21.
Ain't no way the Patriots will score 34 against that Seahawks defense even with a few guys banged up. They're going to make Rob Gronkowski look human. LOB!

Gronk is so overrated it makes me sick to my stomach.
J.J. Watt would become a better TE if he played there full time.
Jeremy Lane just earned a lot of respect in my book. You tell 'em!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...ronkowski-good

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks starting nickel cornerback Jeremy Lane paused for a moment Thursday when asked what makes New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski so good, because Lane disagrees.

"I actually don't think he's that good," Lane said. "He's OK. He does have a big body. But from what I've seen on tape, he doesn't like you putting your hands on him. So if we put our hands on him and shake him up a little bit, he won't catch that many balls."
Old 01-23-2015   #9
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Go Patriots!!! To hell with the Seachickens.
The Texans are close to having the type of team the Seahawks have. I hope they win so it can prove that a great defense and running game on offense can take you a long way. As in back-to-back Super Bowl victories. We just have to find a franchise quarterback. We don't even have a playmaker like Russell Wilson much less a really good pocket passer. Although Case Keenum at his best could be a poor man's Russell Wilson. It was good enough to go 2-0 in 2014. Beating a really good Ravens team which nearly beat the Patriots on the road in the playoffs. They choked two 14-point leads. Who knows how many deflated balls the Pats used in that game to spark those comebacks at Foxborough.
Old 01-23-2015   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 222155 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Although Case Keenum at his best could be a poor man's Russell Wilson. It was good enough to go 2-0 in 2014.

The koolaid is strong in this one

Gods, I hope you're not serious
Old 01-24-2015   #11
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 105657 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The Texans are close to having the type of team the Seahawks have. I hope they win so it can prove that a great defense and running game on offense can take you a long way. As in back-to-back Super Bowl victories. We just have to find a franchise quarterback. We don't even have a playmaker like Russell Wilson much less a really good pocket passer. Although Case Keenum at his best could be a poor man's Russell Wilson. It was good enough to go 2-0 in 2014. Beating a really good Ravens team which nearly beat the Patriots on the road in the playoffs. They choked two 14-point leads. Who knows how many deflated balls the Pats used in that game to spark those comebacks at Foxborough.
The Texans will more closely resemble New England and not the seacocks when BOB is through putting his touches on the team.

And Seattle fans are total douchebags. 90% of their fans weren't fans a few years ago. Guess if I lived a pisshole town like seattle I could also end up a douchey seacock fans too..
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
The Texans will more closely resemble New England and not the seacocks when BOB is through putting his touches on the team.

And Seattle fans are total douchebags. 90% of their fans weren't fans a few years ago. Guess if I lived a pisshole town like seattle I could also end up a douchey seacock fans too..
Seattle is a nice town... if you ignore being built on the side of a mountain, crappy weather and the people....
Old 01-24-2015   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 517406 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Seattle is a nice town... if you ignore being built on the side of a mountain, crappy weather and the people....
The only one of those three I didn't like was the weather.
Old 01-24-2015   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 187291 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way in hell anybody who knows football thinks Gronkowski is overrated. That's emotion talking, not logic. If you don't like him because he is kind of a douchebag, then fine. But he's a damn good football player. The guy is the most complete TE in the NFL. I do, however, think that Seattle will be able to somewhat slow him down. They have the best set of Safeties and the best coverage LBs in the NFL.

I think Seattle wins. I'll go 23-16. Wilson will take care of the ball and efficiently run the offense in this game. I think their offense matches up favorably against New England, as long as they are able to play to their strengths.

I think their defense limits NE and holds them to FGs in the red zone. They have the DBs to play man on the outside and take away the short passing game. And they have a DL that can contain the running game without having to take LBs out of coverage.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 380100 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seahawk fans were behind their team, in strength, way back in the 80's (and before) when Jim Zorn was their QB, Steve Largent (the original Wes Welker) was their leading WR, and Curt Warner was their version of "beast mode". Then there was the Mike Holmgren era when they went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Steelers.

And I hope this year's version takes the SB.
Old 01-24-2015   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135442 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love to see Brady get his 4th ring, but I think Seattle's defense is just too good. They will be able to control the ball with their running game and score just enough points to win.

Seattle 17, New England 13

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165537 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Damn, I always have a problem when choosing which cheater to go with
Moral of the story is the Texans need to get off their high horse and get better at cheating.

Team Deflate 20
Team Adderall 17
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 285720 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Normally, I don't care about who wins or loses the SB. Just concerned with the point spread. But, I want the Seahawks to win ths game in the worst way. Almost as much as if my team were playing. And I'm not a Seattle sports fan, in the least. Just want to see the Pats humiliated. And I think they will be.

The Seahawks have the Pats kryptonite. A running game. They will dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball. And if we're real lucky, we might see the smug Tom Brady cry on the sideline. That would make it a great Super Sunday.

I think I've turned into The Matrix31.
Old 01-24-2015   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 285720 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Moral of the story is the Texans need to get off their high horse and get better at cheating.
And MFPs*, right?

*More Felonious Players
Old 01-24-2015   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165537 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Normally, I don't care about who wins or loses the SB. Just concerned with the point spread. But, I want the Seahawks to win ths game in the worst way. Almost as much as if my team were playing. And I'm not a Seattle sports fan, in the least. Just want to see the Pats humiliated. And I think they will be.

The Seahawks have the Pats kryptonite. A running game. They will dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball. And if we're real lucky, we might see the smug Tom Brady cry on the sideline. That would make it a great Super Sunday.

I think I've turned into The Matrix31.
Matrix 31? Ithink you have gone to the darkside.

Bleep this ****** Bleep that ***** oh well Bleep it ****** go Team Aderall.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read