Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2013   #21
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to us?

Would like to add this one to my list.

A coach who defends throwing the ball short of the first down marker by saying "you have to give your playmakers a chance to make plays by getting the ball to them". Then very seldom ever throws the ball in the red zone to one of the best WR's to ever play the game.

Seriously, his career high of TD's in a year is 9? I honestly don't understand why Andre hasn't demanded a trade.
Old 10-27-2013   #22
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Simplified:

The New England Patriots loss(es) of last year were the blueprint to how teams can beat the defense: expose the porous secondary, which is even worse this year, particularly in the safety positions and double team JJ Watt.

The Tennessee Titans game of this year was the blueprint to how teams can beat the offense: blitz and pressure the un-mobile QB, causing him to make fatal mistakes due to bad decision making and very predictable play calling.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as Kubiak is the HC we are going to keep having threads like this. Despair and manic depression is our future. We are going to die horrible deaths and go to football hell where we'll all serve as butlers for Bud Adams. Occasionally Bob McNair will drop by to remark what a wonder life we are having. We'll relive the Buffalo 2nd half collapse a billion times. Occasionally for comic relief we be shown the Jags game where we blocked a punt into the Jags hands and they ran it into the end zone.

You might as well just kill yourselves now. But, before you do, please send me all your money and marijuana. I promise to take good care of both.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #24
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 8616 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an excel thing I made, the highlights are what I believe are the most troubling.

JJ Watt, who is our entire pass rush, has been neutralized and our secondary's get up and go has done got up and went.

Add in a complete disaster at o-line, a field general plagued by the yips, and a special teams unit that should be investigated for extortion and you have the difference the between this year and last.
Old 10-27-2013   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Here's an excel thing I made, the highlights are what I believe are the most troubling.

JJ Watt, who is our entire pass rush, has been neutralized and our secondary's get up and go has done got up went
Maybe we should of gotten some help next to Watt early in the draft instead of drafting another weapon for an inept QB. It would of helped the secondary too.
Old 10-27-2013   #26
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The thread title sounds like a 80's love song. We got Schubiak-ed.
Old 10-27-2013   #27
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Maybe we should of gotten some help next to Watt early in the draft instead of drafting another weapon for an inept QB. It would of helped the secondary too.
Yeah, because having a legit #2 WR hasn't been a need on this team the past ten years...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, because having a legit #2 WR hasn't been a need on this team the past ten years...
And with incompetent QBs and coaching he is leading all rookie and on his way to a 900+ yd season. Horrible pick.
Old 10-27-2013   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd like to ask the question, "Can we turn it around?"

But I don't know if there are enough people here who would want to turn it around. 9 games left & we've got to win out to have a chance at the division, unless the Colts finally start crumbling. We've got to win all but 1 to have a shot at a Wild Card.

I know it's a tall order, the deck is stacked against us, & there is little to no confidence in our leadership. But I believe the guys in that locker room have too much pride to not give it their best effort.

I'm going to imagine that our problem all along was that our team has been wanting Case to start for a long time. They see him playing against the first team defense all the time. I'm sure he was breaking contain & making plays all week long then come Sunday they saw that Schaub was an anchor... & though individually they tried the best they could to stay upbeat & give 100%, they haven't played as a team yet.

Last year's Washington Redskins went into their bye week 3-6. They won out to finish 10-6, division champs. & I don't think their team is as talented as the team we have right now.

IF we can win the next 4 (which is not as difficult as trying to win 7 in a row) we'll be in a much better position.
Old 10-27-2013   #30
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

We got lisfranc-ed. We got Schaubed

Old 10-28-2013   #31
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

The offensive line woes, particularly from Wade Smith and the right tackle position have negatively affected everything else. Schaub has lost his confidence, Kubiak has gone one-dimensional and the defense has fallen off. I think the defense is designed to play from ahead, but, aside from the Seahawks game, they have been playing from behind most of the season.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #32
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to be honest about your team. This team,much like the fans believed in all the gaudy meaningless stats and didn't look at the bones of the team.

How many times have we debated whether this was an elite offense? We always see the great stats,but the team never won shootouts against good teams. People never looked at the true stats of being terrible sustain drives and 3 and 6+. Yet,people wanted to call this an elite offense. That debate was just as bad as not having a 2nd wr who could even come close to 1000 yds in the pssing league. I won't even get started on on the qb.

Defensively,we've had some of the same debates about the ng. Wade had some success with jay ratliff,but his most success came with ted washington and jamaal williams. Yet,we never address the smallish nt which triggers wade to run blitz cushing and take him out of coverage. Why not draft or sign th kind of zero techniqe which would allow your team to control the los a lot better? I could go on,but I can't believe this team is ths bad. I thought they would win 10 games,but its looking like they will lose 10 games.
Old 10-28-2013   #33
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to be honest about your team. This team,much like the fans believed in all the gaudy meaningless stats and didn't look at the bones of the team.

How many times have we debated whether this was an elite offense? We always see the great stats,but the team never won shootouts against good teams. People never looked at the true stats of being terrible sustain drives and 3 and 6+. Yet,people wanted to call this an elite offense. That debate was just as bad as not having a 2nd wr who could even come close to 1000 yds in the pssing league. I won't even get started on on the qb.

Defensively,we've had some of the same debates about the ng. Wade had some success with jay ratliff,but his most success came with ted washington and jamaal williams. Yet,we never address the smallish nt which triggers wade to run blitz cushing and take him out of coverage. Why not draft or sign th kind of zero techniqe which would allow your team to control the los a lot better? I could go on,but I can't believe this team is ths bad. I thought they would win 10 games,but its looking like they will lose 10 games.

I really thought the addition of Hopkins, return of posey, and the disappointing end to last season would alter the offensive mindset and move the offense to a more aggressive finisher... Seeing the pass game take over late vs. sd and Tennessee, I was very excited about that possibility. Then we saw the offense fold up at 20 points vs Seattle... Hard not to point to that moment and conclude the devolution of the season is a direct result of Kubiak's failure to lead better.

And, you guys know what a fan I am of Kubiak!

Defensively, I see similar things. Wade, like Gary, seems satisfied with good enough. Nothing about wade indicates that he is focused on constantly working to identifying areas on defense where the team can be even better, pursuing that competitive edge, desperate to solve the problems that have plagued his defense, etc... How many times can the guys defense get abused and manipulated by good quarterbacks and offense coaches who expose its predictability... Yet adjustments are not even considered.
Old 10-28-2013   #34
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
This time last year we were 6-1. Can someone please tell me what changed? The roster isn't that different, the staff has the same people.

Did we just have a softer schedule last year? Or a really tough one now?
The league is called the NFL... that's what happened. You have to a adapt year by year in this league to your competition and if you don't you get exposed ala Kubiak and Schaub. Next question...
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #35
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
And with incompetent QBs and coaching he is leading all rookie and on his way to a 900+ yd season. Horrible pick.
And yet we are still 2 and 5. It's not whether or not he was a good pick or a bad pick. He was a good pick. The real question is whether or not he was the right pick for this team at this time. Was he higher rated than other players who played at a position of need or did smithiak fold to the public outcry for a WR?
Old 10-28-2013   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And yet we are still 2 and 5. It's not whether or not he was a good pick or a bad pick. He was a good pick. The real question is whether or not he was the right pick for this team at this time. Was he higher rated than other players who played at a position of need or did smithiak fold to the public outcry for a WR?
Honestly, I'm just happy we got a good player.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #37
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly, I'm just happy we got a good player.
Good point! It's just hard to not question EVERYTHING when you are where we are.
Old 10-28-2013   #38
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans were long overdue for getting that #2 wide receiver. I don't see anything wrong with the pick - they can only hope to fill one hole with any one pick.
Old 10-28-2013   #39
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The Texans were long overdue for getting that #2 wide receiver. I don't see anything wrong with the pick - they can only hope to fill one hole with any one pick.
Ok coach Kubiak whatever you say.
Old 10-28-2013   #40
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok coach Kubiak whatever you say.
Riiiiiiiight.

Have you ever read any other post I've made in the past five years?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read