Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #1
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster/Tate down leaves Graham for now…

Accordingly if it were not for the ACL in 2011 and then later affected his senior year and combine that he would have been drafted and ranked higher. As a UFDA if he gets back to pre injury condition and it’s now late 2013 a source says http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130757/ray-graham that it usually takes about 2 years to fully recover from ACL. Just sharing this (hopefully in right thread) pending any other RB3 pickups before deadline http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/...es-ray-graham/
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster/Tate down leaves Graham for now…

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBorn51 View Post
Accordingly if it were not for the ACL in 2011 and then later affected his senior year and combine that he would have been drafted and ranked higher. As a UFDA if he gets back to pre injury condition and it’s now late 2013 a source says http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130757/ray-graham that it usually takes about 2 years to fully recover from ACL. Just sharing this (hopefully in right thread) pending any other RB3 pickups before deadline http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/08/...es-ray-graham/
And most ACL players regain usually only ~80% pre-injury performance. AP should not be used as a typical example. Graham looked anything but impressive in the preseason. He was put on the PS more for longer term "potential" (and how many times have we missed this year alone on "potential"?), otherwise Karim would have definitely been a Texan (Johnson became a non-factor as he couldn't hold onto his shorts, let alone the ball). I can't get too excited about Graham.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #3
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

The ZBS turns mailmen and grocery baggers into pro bowlers, not too worried about finding a warm body as long as he isn't asked to run out of the pistol.
Old 10-22-2013   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The ZBS turns mailmen and grocery baggers into pro bowlers, not too worried about finding a warm body as long as he isn't asked to run out of the pistol.
The only difference between the Pistol and our regular offense is the shotgun snap. We can run all of the same stuff we usually do. Only the snap is different.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #5
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh ok 80%. I thought that stat was asking for a lot to come back on. Anyways there sure is a lot of losing players movement from positions in just the last two weeks. What a first half of a season..................Guess we'll see what the deadline brings during bye week sure got some glaring problems going on......
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #6
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And most ACL players regain usually only ~80% pre-injury performance. AP should not be used as a typical example. Graham looked anything but impressive in the preseason. He was put on the PS more for longer term "potential" (and how many times have we missed this year alone on "potential"?), otherwise Karim would have definitely been a Texan (Johnson became a non-factor as he couldn't hold onto his shorts, let alone the ball). I can't get too excited about Graham.
I DISAGREE completely about Graham, he impressed in the SMALL amount of time he played....watch out for this guy, I think he will be a stud especially in the ZBS
Old 10-22-2013   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The only difference between the Pistol and our regular offense is the shotgun snap. We can run all of the same stuff we usually do. Only the snap is different.
pretty sure the RB is also 4 more yards behind the LOS in the pistol than if the QB is under center, TBH i did not like the pistol last week. Maybe i would have if i could of actually seen how the running game looked out of it, but we didnt get to see that aspect of it haha
Old 10-22-2013   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
makes the decision to cut woods look even worse.

The decision to cut all three players looks pretty excessive to me.

They should have fined and suspended them. These are young guys, people make mistake.

I dont understand this zero tolerance policy. Draconian laws have no business in the nf where young players are bound to do stupid things.

These guys play football for a living. Not running for president or pope. Certain leeway should be afforded.
All of these guys had trouble in college. I'm sure they were known how little leeway they had when they were signed.

They couldn't even make it halfway through the season before doing something stupid. I don't think this is a case of Draconian laws. This is a case of taking a chance on some guys and them not respecting that.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 10-22-2013   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that's college. they should have a clean slate when they came to the texans.

You think kubiak held it against them that they got in trouble in college?

That's just dumb.
he has not signed people before based on problems in college, they have talked about it also. How they only like to bring a certain kind of person to the team. Hell look at our roster and tell me who u see as past trouble makers, and look at our guys and tell me who you see that is ever in trouble now compared to most teams.
Old 10-22-2013   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They should have fined and suspended them. These are young guys, people make mistake.

I dont understand this zero tolerance policy. Draconian laws have no business in the nf where young players are bound to do stupid things.

These guys play football for a living. Not running for president or pope. Certain leeway should be afforded.
Who the hell can honestly say this was their first offense since joining the Texans? The Texans have a track record of working with players, so I highly doubt they just cut three guys due to one **** up. Just because nothing was every reported earlier before, doesn't mean they had a clean track record and just now happened to screw up.. I mean it's not like these guys have been active all season are have been getting playing time or something.

Good riddance to all 3, we're 2-5 and these guys weren't even getting burn, so I highly doubt these guys were going to help save the season anyways and I don't want my team carrying dumbasses going any further into the future. Right now is the perfect time to get rid of the idiots on this roster who suffer from "head up ass" disease.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that still doesnt explain wolverine's reasoning.

They got in trouble in college so they should get no leeway in the nfl?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Cutting the players was the wrong move. They should have fined or suspended them.
No they should have cut them.. hence while they're cut.

You actually have to show that you're worth keeping around and are worth the headache to get forwarded the type of "leeway" you're talking about. Apparently these guys were obviously more trouble than they were worth to the team. Especially fat ass lazy Sam, who was cut even though he was taken in the 3rd round. You don't just cut 3rd rounders for a rule infraction, it's pretty obvious he was cut, because the Texans lost faith in his ability to become a player for them on the field.

Just because "they're football players" and not the president of the united states, doesn't excuse them of all bad behavior and doesn't mean they aren't grown ass men who should behave like responsible adults. I'm so sick of the coddle mentality, that's been one of the problems here.. Now all of those others who might have been "slipping" get to watch and learn what happens to you if you can't remove head from ass.. You get put back on the unemployment line. It's a privilege to play in the NFL so they should've respected it more.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #12
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
pretty sure the RB is also 4 more yards behind the LOS in the pistol than if the QB is under center, TBH i did not like the pistol last week. Maybe i would have if i could of actually seen how the running game looked out of it, but we didnt get to see that aspect of it haha
RB lines up the same distance (7 yds). The QB and FB are the only guys who move. The Pistol actually helps the RB. Instead of running forward at the snap for the handoff, the RB takes a hop step instead and gets to read the defense for an extra second before getting the handoff.

The reason we got blown up running it last week is 1) we were playing the best front seven in the league and 2) we had a young QB making his 1st start (thus, stacked box).

- The Immortal Bo
Old 10-22-2013   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
RB lines up the same distance (7 yds). The QB and FB are the only guys who move. The Pistol actually helps the RB. Instead of running forward at the snap for the handoff, the RB takes a hop step instead and gets to read the defense for an extra second before getting the handoff.

The reason we got blown up running it last week is 1) we were playing the best front seven in the league and 2) we had a young QB making his 1st start (thus, stacked box).
Chiefs may be solid at rushing the passer but their run D has been suspect, wouldnt of mattered anyways we didnt have any RBs to see how we looked running out of the pistol anyways.
Old 10-22-2013   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that's college. they should have a clean slate when they came to the texans.

You think kubiak held it against them that they got in trouble in college?

That's just dumb.
Off the top of my head... Da'Rick Rogers, Vontaze Burfict, Cliff Harris. All players with 1st round talent that went undrafted because of their history in college.

Of course character matters. It's on the scouting report right next to their 40 time.

Also, this discussion was already had in the other thread. Let's talk about Graham.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a thought, but what if the Texans resign Cierre Wood? Give him a week off for punishment and just bring him back? IMO, Tate is probably done for most of the regular season. It'll be ~ week 13 before he'll be healed up from broken ribs (assuming Kubiak doesn't get stupid and play him against Indy or he has any setbacks, cuz injured Texans are notorious for setbacks from "minor" injuries), so they should seriously consider IR'ing Tate, bringing Wood back and bring Graham up.

I'd play Wood and Graham against Indy, give Foster enough time to heal up, then make Graham the 3rd RB. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Old 10-22-2013   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Graham will be brought up from the practice squad, and:
a) Dennis Johnson signed off Cleveland's practice squad
b) Deji Karim signed off the street
c) a&b if Tate is going to miss games
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Chiefs may be solid at rushing the passer but their run D has been suspect, wouldnt of mattered anyways we didnt have any RBs to see how we looked running out of the pistol anyways.
We've been running out of the pistol all year. The fact that you haven't noticed suggests it's not a big deal.
Old 10-23-2013   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We've been running out of the pistol all year. The fact that you haven't noticed suggests it's not a big deal.
A .25 derringer hardly qualifies as a "pistol". More like a pop gun.
Old 10-23-2013   #19
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that still doesnt explain wolverine's reasoning.

They got in trouble in college so they should get no leeway in the nfl?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Cutting the players was the wrong move. They should have fined or suspended them.
Your leeway is getting the chance to actually play for an NFL team. What you do in college definitely matters because it begins a pattern. Take Willie Jefferson. He was with Baylor so got a great opportunity. What did he do with it? Basically he smoked it away with repeated drug tests that he failed. So now he has another chance and opportunity in the pros and what does he do? The same damn thing.

It's hard to argue that if you just slap their wrists they will learn and not repeat it because they already made it part of their pattern. In the NFL you don't always have the luxury of growing up.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 135487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You sound like the kind of person who has no accountability in his life. The Texans make a lot of really bad decisions, but cutting some immature players who are unappreciative of the career they get to have as professional football players that are bench players on top of that is not one of them. This is just bad timing from a RB stand point I applaud their decision to cut a few knuckleheads from a 2-5 team. Get them the hell out of here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read