Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-28-2013   #21
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars might be worst team in history

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Well, at least they will always win the internet with this guy.

Gotta +Rep for posting one of my favorite gifs
Old 10-28-2013   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If I'm so depressed (or whatever) by the Texans to the point I actually want them to lose, I just won't watch the game. I can't root for them to lose, I want them to win every game. If I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't watch.

That doesn't mean I expect them to win, it just means I WANT them to win. There's a huge difference there.
I feel the same way. Honestly, the only thing that has given me any anticipation for games now is to see what Case Keenum is about.

And while I would never want them to lose, at this point in the 2013 season, I'm not going to be upset when they do. It is "that" kind of season, reminiscent of 2005 and 2010. It's best to just numb yourself for a few months, expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-28-2013   #23
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the 0-16 Lions were the worst team I had ever seen, and I saw the get destroyed by the Titans on Thanksgiving where fans were openly rooting for 0-16, simply because they felt it was the only way Matt Millen would get fired. (they were right)

In this case, its worse. The Lions at least have a fanbase and franchise cornerstones, even then. I can't name one player on the Jags I'd want on my team. Not one. Its crazy bad. The niners stopped playing hard to be nice, and every team's that played the Jags has had to let up on the gas to not embarrass them, even though I'm convinced every opponent could have posted 50+ on them.

The sad thing is the Jags look like they are trying too. They simply have NO talent.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
THE REST OF THE STORY

I don't even want to think about what would happen in this city if we lose either of our games to this abomination of a team.
It's about time to put that thinking cap on if Gary in his infinite wisdom decides to go back to starting Schaub.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #25
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and I betcha they will split with the Texans this year 1-1 might even give them there first win !!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #26
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The funny thing is, I live between 2 NFL cities and both are a combined 0-15. The Bucs picked the wrong time to be this dysfunctional because as bad as they are they are not Jags bad.

It would be crazy if both ended up 0-16. Both teams need a QB, however I think the Bucs can be a quick turn around since they have talent on both sides. They just need to get rid of Rutgers Hitler and land a QB.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #27
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I thought the 0-16 Lions were the worst team I had ever seen, and I saw the get destroyed by the Titans on Thanksgiving where fans were openly rooting for 0-16, simply because they felt it was the only way Matt Millen would get fired. (they were right)

In this case, its worse. The Lions at least have a fanbase and franchise cornerstones, even then. I can't name one player on the Jags I'd want on my team. Not one. Its crazy bad. The niners stopped playing hard to be nice, and every team's that played the Jags has had to let up on the gas to not embarrass them, even though I'm convinced every opponent could have posted 50+ on them.

The sad thing is the Jags look like they are trying too. They simply have NO talent.
Justin Blackmon (who missed the first four games) is really good, even if he's no Megatron. He would be the best WR on the Titans if he were in Tennessee IMO.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2013   #28
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Justin Blackmon (who missed the first four games) is really good, even if he's no Megatron. He would be the best WR on the Titans if he were in Tennessee IMO.
Minus the fact he was suspended and may not be trustworthy? I'll take Kendall Wright over him.

Old 10-29-2013   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

they got some talent on the team

elite Tackle MJD pretty good MLB and Blackmon and Shorts

but I woder why in the off season they never got a QB the went into season with only2 qb's on there depth chart gabbert and henne I guess they tough henne wuld be better

thy might has well start there 3rd string QB and see what hes got

I wonder what team wil get MJD next year ..........

MJD a Texan man that would be kinda crazy I know hes not the same but just a thought
Old 11-02-2013   #30
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Minus the fact he was suspended and may not be trustworthy? I'll take Kendall Wright over him.
..... you might've had a point.
Old 11-03-2013   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Jags should just get it over with and move to LA and the colts are not even in the SOUTH LOL

I know it would never happen but this could be a markey star divison like a Texas divison

Texans
Dallas
Titans
New Orleans
Old 11-03-2013   #32
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Jags should just get it over with and move to LA and the colts are not even in the SOUTH LOL

I know it would never happen but this could be a markey star divison like a Texas divison

Texans
Dallas
Titans
New Orleans
Marquee*

Although that would never happen I could see some division realignment if Jacksonville does move out to LA.

Basically I would see the LA Jags moving to the AFC West, and then Kansas City moves to the AFC South, and it could have more of a midwest feel, with Indy, Kansas City, Tennessee, and Houston.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #33
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Marquee*

Although that would never happen I could see some division realignment if Jacksonville does move out to LA.

Basically I would see the LA Jags moving to the AFC West, and then Kansas City moves to the AFC South, and it could have more of a midwest feel, with Indy, Kansas City, Tennessee, and Houston.
I think it would be close but not identical. I say the LA Jags take LA's first NFL team's division spot. Jags and Rams switch divisions and conferences. Jags to NFC West and Rams to AFC South. This would give California two AFC and two NFC teams (one per conference in southern and northern California), which would make FOX very happy. The Chiefs have very strong rivalries with the Raiders and Broncos that I think the NFL would want to preserve. Rams-Niners used to be great but I just don't think it's been the same since the team went to St. Louis. No one has a traditional rivalry with the Cardinals, and the Seahawks flipped conferences themselves.
Old 11-03-2013   #34
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think it would be close but not identical. I say the LA Jags take LA's first NFL team's division spot. Jags and Rams switch divisions and conferences. Jags to NFC West and Rams to AFC South. This would give California two AFC and two NFC teams (one per conference in southern and northern California), which would make FOX very happy. The Chiefs have very strong rivalries with the Raiders and Broncos that I think the NFL would want to preserve. Rams-Niners used to be great but I just don't think it's been the same since the team went to St. Louis. No one has a traditional rivalry with the Cardinals, and the Seahawks flipped conferences themselves.
I think that could work too. The only factor is which team would actually be willing to move to a new conference.

Old 11-03-2013   #35
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a hard time believing there is a team capable of being worse than the 82-83 or 72-73 Oilers.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #36
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I have a hard time believing there is a team capable of being worse than the 82-83 or 72-73 Oilers.
The 08 Lions?

Old 11-04-2013   #37
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
The 2008 Lions were worse than the 83-83 Oilers. I remember that team, and it at least had a feel that the worst was over. The Lions had fans openly rooting for 0-16 as the only solution to convince ownership to turf the worst GM in NFL history - Matt Millen.

That's why I laugh everytime I see Millen offer advice on TV, why on earth would anyone listen to this guy that knows anything about football?

Old 11-04-2013   #38
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's looking close, at least in the relatively modern era, but at least in terms of the ratio of points scored to points surrendered, the 1976 Bucs are still a little worse (the 2013 Jags to date have scored 0.326 points per point they've given up; the 1976 Bucs only scored 0.303 points per point surrendered).

Other notable awful teams, such as the 2008 Lions (0-16) and the 1980 "Aints" both scored at least half as many points as they gave up.

That said, one can make a strong case that the 2013 Jags are a bigger embarrassment than the 1976 Bucs because they are not a first-year expansion team.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #39
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags are licking their chops to get a crack at these Texans...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Jags are licking their chops to get a crack at these Texans...

Jags always play us HARDCORE !!!!!!!!! I expect no less this year

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read