Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-27-2013   #1
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33993 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kenny Stills

Does it piss anyone else off to know that this guy went in the 5th round, and we just cut one of our third round picks,and aren't playing the other 3rd rounder? People like to give Smith all this credit for his drafting ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kenny Stills

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Does it piss anyone else off to know that this guy went in the 5th round, and we just cut one of our third round picks,and aren't playing the other 3rd rounder? People like to give Smith all this credit for his drafting ...
I loved Kenny stills in last years draft. I wanted to go DL early and then go WR later with Kenny stills. I also liked kiko alanso a lot who is killing it at ILB.

These are comments by me last year.

3.) Kenny Stills WR. Stills is the best WR that no one talks about in this draft. I know people will think this is high for him. I don't! He reminds me a lot of Kendal Wright Baylor in last years draft. He is that good. Watch his highlights and what really stands out is that he gets very good separation and he is very conscious of getting BOTH feet in bounds on sideline and endzone catches.
Old 10-28-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Uh...... we did take Bonner in the 6th.

I still like the gamble on Sam Montgomery. I was watching some QB highlights last night & he kept popping up, popping QBs. I am disappointed in Wade, Herring, & Kollar for not being able to do something with him. Can't blame Richard Smith for that.

What's really going to suck, is if he had nothing to do with the Cigar smoking incident, gets picked up by another team this year & flashes before the season is over... still, not Smith's fault that he found a talented young man that we couldn't get to produce on the field.
Old 10-28-2013   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Uh...... we did take Bonner in the 6th.

I still like the gamble on Sam Montgomery. I was watching some QB highlights last night & he kept popping up, popping QBs. I am disappointed in Wade, Herring, & Kollar for not being able to do something with him. Can't blame Richard Smith for that.

What's really going to suck, is if he had nothing to do with the Cigar smoking incident, gets picked up by another team this year & flashes before the season is over... still, not Smith's fault that he found a talented young man that we couldn't get to produce on the field.
Yes you can. After all, he hasn't been our defensive coordinator for over five years now.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #5
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I loved Kenny stills in last years draft. I wanted to go DL early and then go WR later with Kenny stills. I also liked kiko alanso a lot who is killing it at ILB.

These are comments by me last year.

3.) Kenny Stills WR. Stills is the best WR that no one talks about in this draft. I know people will think this is high for him. I don't! He reminds me a lot of Kendal Wright Baylor in last years draft. He is that good. Watch his highlights and what really stands out is that he gets very good separation and he is very conscious of getting BOTH feet in bounds on sideline and endzone catches.
I had him in my mock, as well...Glad we didn't take Minter, though. Hehe. Note, I did make an aside to Hopkins.

Quote:
1.) Kevin Minter ILB LSU
2.) Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech
3.) Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn
3.) Bennie Logan NT LSU
4.) Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma
5.) William Gholston DE Michigan State
6.) Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State
6.) Robert Lester SS Alabama
7.) Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin

...and yes, I think Minter falls to us, considering that someone's going to take Ogeltree (Bears) and Te'o. I'm really torn between Terry Hawthorne (CB/FS) and Kenny Stills (WR) in the 4th, because the Texans have always taken a CB in the draft, and only once, last year, two WRs...so they might have what they need at WR with one true #2 drafted high. I like Da'Rick Rogers the best, but I wouldn't balk at Terrance Williams, Hopkins, and a few others.
Edit: And Bennie Logan already has two sacks in a backup roll, while Robert Lester has two picks in limited time.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I get more irritated when a good player at a position of need gets traded to another team for a pittance and turns out that the Texans never even inquired. Boldin being traded twice in the last 4 or 5 years when the Texans needed a WR comes to mind.
Old 10-28-2013   #7
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

We are glad to have him. He looked terrific in the preseason and then sort of disappeared a few games. We wondered if he was a training camp phenom and that was it. But recently he's really come on and Drew has a lot of confidence in him.

We needed a WR and that was a concern leading into the season. He's helped ameliorate that a bit. Hope it continues.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read