Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2013   #1
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans to sign 5 players on Monday

According Jason La Canfora, Deji Karim is one of them.

LINK
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to sign 5 players on Monday

Championship?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #3
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Championship?
You know it! And some people say we can't sign free agents.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Deji Karim and likely another RB. Good, I don't want them to run out of RB's again any time soon and Foster & Tate are dealing with injuries. Also with Dobbins & Jefferson getting released they're going to bring in more LB's. This was to be expected with their cuts last week.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #5
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by theironduke View Post
more moral victories
i fify

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok so who else are we signing? I've seen several players I would love us give a look at on other practice squads. Chase Thomas lb Stanford, Robert Lester safety Alabama, OT Reid Fragel, WR Cobi Hamilton Arkansas, WR Da'Rick Rogers (if his act has cleaned up.) and OT Vinston Painter, virginia(?).

QB Tyler Wilson is even on the raiders practice squad. Send Schaub packing and bring Tyler in for the rest of the year.
Old 10-27-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Ok so who else are we signing? I've seen several players I would love us give a look at on other practice squads. Chase Thomas lb Stanford, Robert Lester safety Alabama, OT Reid Fragel, WR Cobi Hamilton Arkansas, WR Da'Rick Rogers (if his act has cleaned up.) and OT Vinston Painter, virginia(?).

QB Tyler Wilson is even on the raiders practice squad. Send Schaub packing and bring Tyler in for the rest of the year.
I would be happy to give any of those an opportunity IF we have an opening.
Old 10-27-2013   #8
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Championship?
We can't possibly beat NE, Denver, or Indianapolis twice. That means 8-8 at best, probably not good enough even for a wild card slot.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost to KC by one and you don't think we have a chance? I think 2 weeks of healing (Newton) & Keenum adjusting more to the ones is intriguing. We saw how Case spread the ball around & imo a healthy rb in Foster would turn the tide. It all depends on Kubiak turning loose the dogs of war.
Old 10-27-2013   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I would be happy to give any of those an opportunity IF we have an opening.
As of this moment, we have 5 openings.
Old 10-27-2013   #11
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok so who else are we signing? I've seen several players I would love us give a look at on other practice squads. Chase Thomas lb Stanford, OT Reid Fragel,...
Here are two familiar names. Fragel has fine technique in pass blocking and can play inside or out; seems to be a good fit for our blocking scheme. Thomas has a high football IQ and has a fine repertoire of pass rushing moves. He doesn't have the bulk or strength to shed 300 pounders but matches up well against tight ends. I liked them both in the draft in the mid rounds and both should be good mid-season pickups.

It's probably too much to ask that we actually have the smarts to pick up these guys at this point in the season.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Most of those guys are players I mocked to us at some point in the draft. Id be happy with some of them right now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We lost to KC by one and you don't think we have a chance? I think 2 weeks of healing (Newton)...
I don't think there are enough "weeks of healing" available for Newton to improve.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #14
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I don't think there are enough "weeks of healing" available for Newton to improve.

We should expect him to be good any day because we have watched Newton suck for a year and a half now.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
This guy:

Come on now, have some faith.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
As of this moment, we have 5 openings.
Well unless 4 of them are the ones I was referring to as wanting, my post is for other openings. The thread indicates 5 are already selected so no opening as of this moment.
Old 10-27-2013   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well unless 4 of them are the ones I was referring to as wanting, my post is for other openings. The thread indicates 5 are already selected so no opening as of this moment.
Since it hasn't been announced who they're going to sign (With the possible exception of Karim), it could be anyone - including one or more of your guys.
Old 10-27-2013   #18
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

Quote:
We lost to KC by one and you don't think we have a chance? I think 2 weeks of healing (Newton) & Keenum adjusting more to the ones is intriguing. We saw how Case spread the ball around & imo a healthy rb in Foster would turn the tide. It all depends on Kubiak turning loose the dogs of war.
You have been listening to Kubiak too much. It will take at least 9 wins to be a wild card. Do you think we can go 7-2 from this point out? No way. Even 9-7 might not make it. Jerome Solomon had a great article today. He pretty much summed things up.
bigmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #19
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad they are so decisive and prepared if someone goes down. They take an entire week to start and filling the holes created by injury and moronic releases? Nice job Smith, guess you really are as good as everyone thinks. Heaven forbid we had folks in here and gave them two weeks to learn the playbook ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
You have been listening to Kubiak too much. It will take at least 9 wins to be a wild card. Do you think we can go 7-2 from this point out? No way. Even 9-7 might not make it. Jerome Solomon had a great article today. He pretty much summed things up.
If Houston can go 1-1 against Indianapolis and beat either New England or Denver 7-2 is possible. The other five games are against Oakland, @Arizona, Jacksonville (x2) and @Tennessee.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read