Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2013   #21
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
that's college. they should have a clean slate when they came to the texans.

You think kubiak held it against them that they got in trouble in college?

That's just dumb.
Hi potential Texan player. We'd like to pay you a bunch of money to play football. We know you had some issues in college. We are going to forget about that and give you a chance. You need to be dedicated to the team. You have no leeway. Commit to the team and you have a chance at becoming a successful player. Revert back to who you were in college and you'll be back on the street.

Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 10-23-2013   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster/Tate down leaves Graham for now…

Quote:
that's college. they should have a clean slate when they came to the texans.

You think kubiak held it against them that they got in trouble in college?

That's just dumb.
No but I can see Kubiak and management as a whole holding 3 Pro players huddled up in the bathroom in a "NO SMOKING" room doing exactly that. Only they kicked it up a notch with some DRO. You know these professional athletes ain't gonna be burnin' none of that bunk junk the commoners blow. Nuthin' but the finest DRO bud for these cats. It's just the way they roll. Plus you have to consider how strong the really good stuff permeates the air. That and the fact with them being so "smart" about it by depending on the exhaust fan evacuating the smell did them in since instead getting rid of the aroma it essentially distributed that sickening sweet smell throughout the wing. I don't know the 'lay of the land' but if there was a wall/baseboard unit in the room that was the ticket and we'd have never heard a peep about this. But no, let's huddle up in the head.

SMDH. :potsmokingemoticonhere:

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #23
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
makes the decision to cut woods look even worse.

The decision to cut all three players looks pretty excessive to me.

They should have fined and suspended them. These are young guys, people make mistake.

I dont understand this zero tolerance policy. Draconian laws have no business in the nf where young players are bound to do stupid things.
You are assuming that they werent given warnings.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Just a thought, but what if the Texans resign Cierre Wood? Give him a week off for punishment and just bring him back? IMO, Tate is probably done for most of the regular season. It'll be ~ week 13 before he'll be healed up from broken ribs (assuming Kubiak doesn't get stupid and play him against Indy or he has any setbacks, cuz injured Texans are notorious for setbacks from "minor" injuries), so they should seriously consider IR'ing Tate, bringing Wood back and bring Graham up.

I'd play Wood and Graham against Indy, give Foster enough time to heal up, then make Graham the 3rd RB. Makes sense to me, anyway.

I think if we brought Wood back in a week after giving him a slap on the wrist for being naughty then there would be someone from the NFL waiting to ask him to pee in a cup about half an hour later.

That's if they can do that. I bet they can.
Old 10-23-2013   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think Graham will be brought up from the practice squad, and:
a) Dennis Johnson signed off Cleveland's practice squad
b) Deji Karim signed off the street
c) a&b if Tate is going to miss games
Pretty much. Graham starts for us next week, I sign Karim to back him up and if both Foster and Tate can't go for a few weeks I find someone else out there (Not real fired up about Dennis Johnson though) to back them up.

Foster says he'll be ready to go against the Colts. I think that sounds great but that kind of talk never seems to work out for us so I wouldn't count on it. Best to play it smart with both of them. Hell I might even IR Tate if his ribs are as bad as they sound.

Foster (once he gets back), Graham, and Karim would be fine going forward.
Old 10-23-2013   #26
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Both Foster and Tate said they will be good to go following the bye week. I tend to believe that with Foster, although the risk for re aggravating is always present. Tate, not so much. He was tough to come back in the game with that injury, but he was not effective. He needs to heal up.

I could see us signing a guy like Karim to get through practice the next 2 weeks with 2 backs (Graham doesn't have to be signed to practice) and being able to rest Foster and Tate. Probably go against the Colts with Foster, Karim, and Graham in that order. Tate is inactive until he's ready to go.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBorn51 View Post
Oh ok 80%. I thought that stat was asking for a lot to come back on. Anyways there sure is a lot of losing players movement from positions in just the last two weeks. What a first half of a season..................Guess we'll see what the deadline brings during bye week sure got some glaring problems going on......
"... glaring problems going on..." Injuries, QB shuffle, bad play, Kubiak standard coaching. Wouldn't it be a kick in the groin if at 2-5 the best part of the Texans season is behind them?

I think that is very unlikely, but they do have a lot of issues
Old 10-23-2013   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that concerns me the most about signing RB's .... pass protection / blitz pickup. Having Keenum in the backfield with his lack of experience and a back lacking experience .... is a recipe for disaster.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The thing that concerns me the most about signing RB's .... pass protection / blitz pickup. Having Keenum in the backfield with his lack of experience and a back lacking experience .... is a recipe for disaster.
Especially since we don't call out the protection, or point out the free rusher/Mike. The QB just has to know the RB knows what he knows.
Old 10-23-2013   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think if we brought Wood back in a week after giving him a slap on the wrist for being naughty then there would be someone from the NFL waiting to ask him to pee in a cup about half an hour later.

That's if they can do that. I bet they can.
As long as they don't do the hair test. The others can be beat.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

For anyone that thinks Graham can "replace" Foster, Graham has zilch chance of running away from his shadow with a 4.80 40.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't tell me we are starting to run out of UDFA's that outperform all expectations. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #33
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
For anyone that thinks Graham can "replace" Foster, Graham has zilch chance of running away from his shadow with a 4.80 40.
Do you think Graham could have improved his 40 time since the combine? 4.8 is really slow for a rb. I know it is because of injury so I was hoping maybe the speed is coming back slowly over time.
Old 10-25-2013   #34
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

4.8???? I ran faster than that in high school and I'm white.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
4.8???? I ran faster than that in high school and I'm white.
But can you jump????
Old 10-25-2013   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Do you think Graham could have improved his 40 time since the combine? 4.8 is really slow for a rb. I know it is because of injury so I was hoping maybe the speed is coming back slowly over time.
He tried again on his Pro Day and improved to 4.72.
Old 10-25-2013   #37
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
But can you jump????
No.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #38
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Because someone is going to have to say it if for no other reason than to get it out of the way here we go..... "Emmitt Smith ran a 4.8 in the 40"
Old 10-25-2013   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Because someone is going to have to say it if for no other reason than to get it out of the way here we go..... "Emmitt Smith ran a 4.8 in the 40"
I've watched both Foster and Tate get run down from behind at various times. Doesn't bother me. Didn't bother me when Domanick Davis got ran down from behind. All I care about is getting into the secondary. If he can't turn a 20 yard run into a 40 yard run, I can live with that. It's the ones that can't turn a 2 yard run into a 5 yard run that I have issues with.
Old 10-25-2013   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
That oft-quoted number was actually obtained from his school "combine." It was timed manually as were all school 40s at the time. This has been shown to vary by 0.5 seconds to the most accurate electronic method. Therefore, the NFL Combine first engaged partial electronic timing of the 40 after 1990. With this timing, Smith subsequently ran a 4.50.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read