Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Chris Meyers vs KC

How did you guys think Chris did against KC?

Personally, I think he played a heck of a game. I want to say excellent, but I need to go back & watch the whole thing. I know I didn't see any glaring WTFs... from him & I didn't see any low snaps... as I watched the game. I watched a lot of highlights from the game (of KC's defense of course) & I don't want to say perfect, definitely got help on Poe a lot (probably most of the time), but really good I think overall.

When I get around to watching the game again I'll be looking at Chris pretty hard, just wondering what you guys think.
Old 10-21-2013   #2
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Meyers vs KC

Chris and the rest of the offensive line played fairly well IMO. We did have issues with our run blocking but considering we were up against a ferocious defense I'll give them a pass.

Overall we have an impressive unit and now that we have a bona fide QB the team and fans have rallied around, I'm looking forward to counting some Ws.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #3
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

PFF has him at a -2.6 for week 7 his worst week this season so far.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #4
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
PFF has him at a -2.6 for week 7 his worst week this season so far.
Meyers had his hands full with their DT. Poe disrupted several plays and broke 4 of Ben Tate's ribs in the process. Poe and their OLB's stood out to me.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #5
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How did you guys think Chris did against KC?

Personally, I think he played a heck of a game. I want to say excellent, but I need to go back & watch the whole thing. I know I didn't see any glaring WTFs... from him & I didn't see any low snaps... as I watched the game. I watched a lot of highlights from the game (of KC's defense of course) & I don't want to say perfect, definitely got help on Poe a lot (probably most of the time), but really good I think overall.

When I get around to watching the game again I'll be looking at Chris pretty hard, just wondering what you guys think.
WTF game were you watching? I thought his -2.6 rating was a gift from the gods. He was worked back off the LOS from every play, out muscled with every down. Dontari Poe worked his scrawny butt all over the field. Myers has been a bright spot for us this year, but his flame burned out this week.
Old 10-22-2013   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm with nate, myers looked horrible. he got abused in the run game, and made horrible calls in the pass game. with a first time starter at quarterback it has to fall on myers to coordinate the line, something i think he failed spectacularly at. poe is a good one, but it wasnt like wilfork lining up against the guards, poe was eating myers for lunch.
Old 10-22-2013   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Poe was ripping his ass in the run game. All 5 had their issues.
Old 10-22-2013   #8
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah have to agree with others. While Myers has easily been the best linemen we have had this season, he got pushed around in this game. Watching it again and focusing on the line is a painful experience so if you haven't yet I am warning you now for your health....don't do it! The only one who looked halfway decent was Brooks.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Yeah have to agree with others. While Myers has easily been the best linemen we have had this season, he got pushed around in this game. Watching it again and focusing on the line is a painful experience so if you haven't yet I am warning you now for your health....don't do it! The only one who looked halfway decent was Brooks.
brooks has been a stud this year. unfortunately teams are exposing newton to his right and myers' tendency to help left. teams are blitzing on top of brooks in the pass game because of his being raw and lack of support around him. i get the "gel" aspect of the line, but having a veteran left side and a solid experienced center should better manage the calls and blitz pickup. we've failed spectacularly there, and i put much of that on myers.

one really bugs me from sunday. there was an overload blitz to our right, brooks hit his man and attempted another. newton was a speed bump. myers double teamed wade smith's man as the blitzer came through his gap. that's a call he has to make before the snap, and an adjustment he has to make after the snap.
Old 10-22-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My input is Beerlover, Rmartin 65 and I (3 Amigos) made correct call when we mocked Poe as a NT for Texans. The kid is awesome and his weight has not been an issue as some suggested back then. It is only one game but I think Keenum will only get better with first team and more coaching from Dorrell allowing me to take QB off day one mock. We will need every single pick to shore up this team (Ed Reed, bye bye) and I can only hope we get something for Schaub. I doubt Yates would bring anything & probably should be allowed to draw his small salary thru 2014 then dump.
Old 10-22-2013   #11
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
My input is Beerlover, Rmartin 65 and I (3 Amigos) made correct call when we mocked Poe as a NT for Texans. The kid is awesome and his weight has not been an issue as some suggested back then. It is only one game but I think Keenum will only get better with first team and more coaching from Dorrell allowing me to take QB off day one mock. We will need every single pick to shore up this team (Ed Reed, bye bye) and I can only hope we get something for Schaub. I doubt Yates would bring anything & probably should be allowed to draw his small salary thru 2014 then dump.
The only problem is that Poe wasn't even available when we picked in 2012 so why bring up your mock from that year?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #12
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a head-scratcher of a thread praising a lineman for his plays in this game. Myers was TERRIBLE! As the center of the oline he's the commander of protection of the QB, sort of like the air traffic control at the airport. There were many times our lineman were blocking no one while a defender snuck in to get a clean shot at Keenum. All those unlock defender were Myers responsibility to let his guys know to be aware of. A grade F for his performance.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
The only problem is that Poe wasn't even available when we picked in 2012 so why bring up your mock from that year?
Simply to show that he was good despite objections of others. My post was about his quality not where I would have picked him. This MB is full of "what if we had drafted this guy rather than that one". People discuss college players in that forum such as Bridgewater and Clowney that probably will not be there for Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read