Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #21
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate 4 broken ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Holy c rap, I've personally never had them but I hear they hurt like hell, can't imagine playing knowing your opponent is gonna pound you all day in that area. I see more fumbles in his future.
Uh...I can say it hurts. I broke a couple on Sept 11 when I totaled my motorcycle in Yellowstone National Park. I can't imagine him playing 2 weeks after breaking 4! It was a month before I wouldn't shed a few tears when I sneezed!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He didn't play very well with four broken ribs, but the mere fact that he kept going out there with them is nails. Never understand why people are down on Tate.
Old 10-21-2013   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

It showed when he ran like a girl. That's not an insult towards Tate at all. It was just obvious that he was in bad pain. I've had broken or dislocated ribs on 9 separate occasions and rode bucking stock with them. Shame on Kubiak and the medical staff for sending him back out if he has 4 broken ribs. Those ribs floating around can puncture all kinds of bad stuff.

It takes much of a man to get back in and play like Tate did.
Old 10-21-2013   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
It showed when he ran like a girl. That's not an insult towards Tate at all. It was just obvious that he was in bad pain. I've had broken or dislocated ribs on 9 separate occasions and rode bucking stock with them. Shame on Kubiak and the medical staff for sending him back out if he has 4 broken ribs. Those ribs floating around can puncture all kinds of bad stuff.

It takes much of a man to get back in and play like Tate did.
Flack jackets and injections can do just so much. I've had 4 broken ribs with a punctured lung in the past, which gave me great empathy for the patients I've had to treat. On average, it takes a complete fracture 3 weeks just to be able to take a deep breath comfortably, let alone get a decent night's sleep. During the early healing period, if the ribs are continually re-traumatized, healing can easily be setback and prolonged, and sometimes caused not to fuse at all.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #25
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

What is a reasonable recovery time here?

The timing stinks because I was hoping we could trade him next week for some longer-term value...
Old 10-21-2013   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
What is a reasonable recovery time here?

The timing stinks because I was hoping we could trade him next week for some longer-term value...
Six weeks (if he doesn't aggravate it). Meanwhile, you will not see him out there during any of that period without a flak jacket.
Old 10-21-2013   #27
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Beanie Wells, please?
Cierre Wood is kicking himself for smoking that blunt lol, otherwise he could have had the opportunity of his career.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #28
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Six weeks (if he doesn't aggravate it). Meanwhile, you will not see him out there during any of that period without a flak jacket.
You think he can reasonably suit up against Indy?
Old 10-21-2013   #29
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he recovers quickly. I had a broken rib or 2 in April. Took a couple weeks to feel ok breathing and sneezing and about 6 wks before feeling near 100% to do hard running and lifting
Old 10-21-2013   #30
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tate has 4 broken ribs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Wow. Arian with the hamstring and Ben with the broken ribs...the bye couldn't have came at the right time.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flack jackets and injections can do just so much. I've had 4 broken ribs with a punctured lung in the past, which gave me great empathy for the patients I've had to treat. On average, it takes a complete fracture 3 weeks just to be able to take a deep breath comfortably, let alone get a decent night's sleep. During the early healing period, if the ribs are continually re-traumatized, healing can easily be setback and prolonged, and sometimes caused not to fuse at all.
You're preaching to the choir, CnD. Pain tolerance can only take you so far. There's not a flak jacket devised that can really even mitigate the pain, only somewhat minimize further damage.
Old 10-22-2013   #32
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

There were definitely a called hit squad on the Texans yesterday. Cushing, Tate, foster, almost Watt. Who else? All those hits need to be evaluated. This is some N.O. Saints bull**** right here.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #33
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
There were definitely a called hit squad on the Texans yesterday. Cushing, Tate, foster, almost Watt. Who else? All those hits need to be evaluated. This is some N.O. Saints bull**** right here.
Pure bullsh*t. There was some hard football played yesterday. The Texans came out on the short end of the stick.
Old 10-22-2013   #34
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

tate gets a beer from me if i see him. i cant imagine how hard it is to breathe and stand up straight with 4 broken ribs, forget about trying to get back into an NFL game. that's some serious fortitude.
Old 10-22-2013   #35
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever it was that speared him should be fined at least. As a penalty was not called.
Tate was already on the ground when the defensive player came in helmet first into his ribs.
Old 10-22-2013   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
You think he can reasonably suit up against Indy?
As per a previous post.

Quote:
I wouldn't be relying on a RB with 4 broken ribs to perform in 2 weeks any better than he did yesterday.
Old 10-22-2013   #37
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Be like Cher, remove em!
Old 10-22-2013   #38
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The source is Tate himself. I find it hard to believe he had 4 completely broken ribs. Tiny fractures? I dunno, but the team says "sore ribs". Odds are it falls somewhere in the middle. Ha
Old 10-22-2013   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The source is Tate himself. I find it hard to believe he had 4 completely broken ribs. Tiny fractures? I dunno, but the team says "sore ribs". Odds are it falls somewhere in the middle. Ha
If forced to choose, I'd side with Tate over the Texans on injury reports, since the Texans are habitual liars on the subject.
Old 10-22-2013   #40
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone knows when he's injured, it's Ben Tate. If I wanna know about injuries and/or fumbles, I look to Ben Tate.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read