Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #161
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans waive Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Morning is my favorite.
Except when you have to pee really bad. Those are brutal.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #162
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Except when you have to pee really bad. Those are brutal.
LMAO.. wow, I think we should probably change the topic

But yeah I agree with you. I just don't know if this is the "yellow" brick road we should trek down
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #163
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I've spent a good chunk of my life at house parties and hotel parties, and I can tell you this timeless truth about kids: If they're smogging up a small space, it isn't tobacco.

When Kubiak said that he looked at a body of work, it included the players' reputation and team history. Jefferson was arrested after falling asleep at a Taco Bell drive through. Cierre Wood had been disciplined in college. Montgomery had been disciplined at LSU, and he showed up to Texans camp out of shape. Antonio Smith and Swearinger had personally warned him to get it together. The organization had taken a chance on these guys, and they repayed the organization by becoming liabilities. It has nothing to do with losing the locker room or making examples out of people. It's about wasting no more time on people who aren't getting the message.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #164
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I've spent a good chunk of my life at house parties and hotel parties, and I can tell you this timeless truth about kids: If they're smogging up a small space, it isn't tobacco.

When Kubiak said that he looked at a body of work, it included the players' reputation and team history. Jefferson was arrested after falling asleep at a Taco Bell drive through. Cierre Wood had been disciplined in college. Montgomery had been disciplined at LSU, and he showed up to Texans camp out of shape. Antonio Smith and Swearinger had personally warned him to get it together. The organization had taken a chance on these guys, and they repayed the organization by becoming liabilities. It has nothing to do with losing the locker room or making examples out of people. It's about wasting no more time on people who aren't getting the message.
Exactly, these morons simply were unwilling to become men and put away childish things.. plain and simple. Not having a 3rd RB active is probably why we even lost against the chiefs.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #165
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Still don't know what the hell they were thinking drafting Montgomery in the 3rd to play OLB. Just threw that pick away. At least the other guys were UFA and we have a good track record with selecting/picking up backs who fit our scheme. I hope they move Brooks Reed to ILB and sure up the RT and OLB position next year. We need more pressure coming from the outside.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #166
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If rolled right you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a swisher sweet loaded with weed or a simple cigar.

This has nothing to do with Kubes or how the team feels about him, that kind of conspiracy theory would be giving these three dumbasses too much credit.
I agree with all that you've said. I was just being a smart-a because in the past anything that happened good or bad was some how spun to where Kubiak had some zen like control of the team and they would die for him. i.e. see McNairs comments after this game.
Old 10-21-2013   #167
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Still don't know what the hell they were thinking drafting Montgomery in the 3rd to play OLB. Just threw that pick away. At least the other guys were UFA and we have a good track record with selecting/picking up backs who fit our scheme. I hope they move Brooks Reed to ILB and sure up the RT and OLB position next year. We need more pressure coming from the outside.
I agree with this but my concern is that this team has been completely unable to draft defensive talent outside of the first round. Can't draft good CBs or LBs or anything really. Well, we drafted one good lineman in the sixth but the pats are getting the benefits of that one.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #168
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

How dumb are these guys?
Old 10-22-2013   #169
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
How dumb are these guys?
Hopefully a little less dumb after this experience.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #170
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

two OLB's on a wade phillips defense, and a UDFA runningback who just had both guys ahead of him go down with injuries. it takes a special kind of stupid to blow that kind of opportunity. you know you have a history, you know you dont get any strikes ... and yet you cant resist temptation long enough to become a millionaire by playing a game.
Old 10-22-2013   #171
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
listening to 610 right now,

willie jefferson source say they were smoking cigars in the bathroom after curfew, nobody ever came in, but said somebody smelled smoke and told team officials, then officials asked the players to come in.

They are denying it was marijuana.

Excessive punishment if you ask me. You gotta give these guys more leeway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So if you play football, you get to hang in topless bars, with prostitutes and smoke dope? Why is there an exemption for that? Rules are in place for a reason. How about manning up and following them? Why should athletes get exception? All tennis players do is smack a tiny ball as do golfers, so they by your definition have to obey rules but not football players? Why is my view draconian? The players union agreed to it so live up to it. You sound like the boy who said "if there wasn't a stupid rule I would not have broken it."
I'm with badboy on this. Dudes get a rule book before the season and agree to abide by it when they sign the contract. I'd bet the vets have told them what things would get them fined and what things would get them cut somewhere along the way. They decided to ignore the rules they signed up for and chose do what they wanted to do. Now they paid the price. No sympathy from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
From the press conference today, sounded like this was more of a last straw than an isolated incident.
I was thinking this same thing. We never hear about the internal fines until something like this - guys actually getting cut - happens. I was wondering to myself if this was their first offense or their fourth or fifth. The "leeway" some folks are asking for may have already been extended and they came to the end of their ropes.

And it speaks to their lack of discipline too. If you can't be disciplined off the field (the freakin' night before the game for cripes sake!), how can your teammates depend on you having discipline on the field??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #172
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with caring about smoking pot.. it's about discipline. They were told they could not do "exhibit A" and they still played hanky panky in a bathroom.

This has nothing to do with pot.. since we've already given players chances on this team with drug issues and our owner already came out and said he'd give a player who has a drug record a chance. These players obviously had a previous strike against them and this wreaks of a "That's it, straw breaks back" offense.

I was high as hell on Wood (he looked like Foster 2.0).. Jefferson showed a LOT of potential..even drew Jason Taylor comparisons during this camp. Montgomery always looked like a fat lazy worthless turd, so lets leave him out of this discussion.

I don't care if a team snatches these players up and they become HOF type of players somewhere else.. this is a lessen they needed to learn and it's obvious that they need to grow as men and in the future if this makes them better people, than the Texans made the right decision today.
Former Viking & HoF'er Cris Carter will tell anyone that will listen that he was going down this road until Buddy Ryan cut him for this kind of crap. It woke him up and set him on the path to being a real man. Sometimes it takes a two-by-four across the noggin to get a guy's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post

Reps to you both.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #173
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Montgomery should have never been drafted.
^^^^^ This!^^^^^

And to think that pick was the extra pick we got for losing Mario in FA. In other words, we got nothing in return! Makes me sick! What a waste!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #174
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Montgomery should have never been drafted.
very disappointed with sam. the talent was there. i really thought that he could have made a solid pair with williams - a heavy olb and a pass rusher. montgomery couldnt care less about the game and i actually had to look up williams because i'd forgotten his name. wasted talent.

what's really funny is the comments on NFL.com regarding this story, fans of several teams wanting him. some folks just dont pay attention.
Old 10-22-2013   #175
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ray Graham practicing well now. Tuggle to SAM. Also looking for a returner.

per Deepi
I'm so excited. I enjoyed watching him at Pittsburgh last year. I also thought he did pretty good in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q75pYDYKeU

Ray Graham has a chance to develop. He was my favorite RB in college football last year. My second favorite? Zac Stacy who had some good runs against us when the Rams came to town.

Guys like Ray Graham and Zac Stacy have heart and work hard.

Cierre Wood blew a great opportunity. I'm glad his ass is gone.

Here is Ray Graham's Texans Touchdown in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tjQ0ahMUM

Keenum handing it off to him. Could have used him last game and we may have beaten the Chiefs. Ray Graham would have found a way to score on that second and goal at the half yard line. The play Greg Jones lost yards on.
Old 10-22-2013   #176
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If these players WERE caught with weed (and especially if not for the first time, and on top of dogging it in the classroom and practice field), Kubiak may have cut them now, knowing that they were heading for NFL league suspension anyway. Of course, only speculating.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #177
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

These players are obviously not Houston Texans worthy.

What a shame. Their careers, like the Texans 2013 season, goes up in smoke.
Old 10-22-2013   #178
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
listening to 610 right now,

willie jefferson source say they were smoking cigars in the bathroom after curfew, nobody ever came in, but said somebody smelled smoke and told team officials, then officials asked the players to come in.

They are denying it was marijuana.

Excessive punishment if you ask me. You gotta give these guys more leeway.
Sure they are. Ever heard of a blunt? My money is on that's what went down. IF it's ever made public I bet we'll find out there was a "little kick" in those cigars. Not trying to start a stereotype "hood" thing but that's what my gut is telling me. If I've heard/read correctly in the past, once they take the TCH test at the beginning of the season they're not tested for weed again.

I smell a blunt.

Even if I'm wrong it was just dumb.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #179
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Sure they are. Ever heard of a blunt? My money is on that's what went down. IF it's ever made public I bet we'll find out there was a "little kick" in those cigars. Not trying to start a stereotype "hood" thing but that's what my gut is telling me. If I've heard/read correctly in the past, once they take the TCH test at the beginning of the season they're not tested for weed again.

I smell a blunt.

I'm not thinking you're wrong.

Quote:
And it comes with instructions to conceal the smell:

Quote:
Indoor Smoking

We all know it's more comfortable to smoke in the privacy of your own house, bedroom, or sheltered from the elements. So, this will help you keep your marijuana use concealed even indoors.

Tube / Spoof / Etc. - One of the most common ways to hide the odor of marijuana smoke indoors is by using a tube, also known as a spoof. It is simply a toilet paper roll with dryer sheets stuffed in it that you use to blow the smoke through, masking it with the smell of the dryer sheet. To make one, start by stuffing 5-6 dryer sheets (more if dryer sheets are thin) inside of a toilet paper roll, or any cardboard tube. To create a "filter", to increase the life of your tube, wrap two dryer sheets around the end of the tube you plan on blowing the smoke through. This will collect majority of the residue, thus extending the life of the dryer sheets stuffed inside of the tube. Generally, after a week or so of daily use, it is recommended that you replace the dryer sheets. Be sure to only use this method for bowls, because it is pointless to use with a blunt or joint, since the smoke still gets into the air from the still burning marijuana. If your bowl remains burning in between hits, cover it to extinguish the embers and prevent smoke from eminating from the bowl.

•Febreeze
- Febreeze or any other odor eliminating spray will eliminate nearly all marijuana odor if you are smoking in a confined space (bathroom, basement, etc.). However, if used in large rooms, it loses effect since it requires more Febreeze to mask it. If you are smoking in your bedroom, blow smoke out of a window or through a tube.

•Exhaust vents - If you are smoking indoors, you could use a exhaust vent along with Febreeze to eliminate the smell of marijuana smoke. Most houses have exhaust vents in kitchens and bathrooms, both of which are common rooms, so only use this if you have the house to yourself and you have at least thirty minutes for any leftover smell to exit the area.

•Vaporizer - Vaporizing your marijuana reduces the amount of odor because of two reasons, one, the marijuana does not actually combust, and two, it gives off a different odor than the one most commonly associated with marijuana smoke, and this odor is much easier to cover up with Febreeze or other odor eliminating sprays.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #180
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

I smell a blunt.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking, too.

Can't imagine anyone getting canned over smoking a cigar.

Blunt.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read