Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #161
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans waive Players

Who cares if they smoked pot? The NBA couldn't field a team if they got rid of all the pot smokers.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #162
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
Who cares if they smoked pot? The NBA couldn't field a team if they got rid of all the pot smokers.
Maybe the NFL would care? Maybe?
Old 10-21-2013   #163
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stupid reason, legalize it.

However also stupid timing decision for the players.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #164
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with caring about smoking pot.. it's about discipline. They were told they could not do "exhibit A" and they still played hanky panky in a bathroom.

This has nothing to do with pot.. since we've already given players chances on this team with drug issues and our owner already came out and said he'd give a player who has a drug record a chance. These players obviously had a previous strike against them and this wreaks of a "That's it, straw breaks back" offense.

I was high as hell on Wood (he looked like Foster 2.0).. Jefferson showed a LOT of potential..even drew Jason Taylor comparisons during this camp. Montgomery always looked like a fat lazy worthless turd, so lets leave him out of this discussion.

I don't care if a team snatches these players up and they become HOF type of players somewhere else.. this is a lessen they needed to learn and it's obvious that they need to grow as men and in the future if this makes them better people, than the Texans made the right decision today.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #165
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN is reporting it was weed; Sources: Pot reason Texans cut 3 LINK

To which I say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bHrJu72_Jg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #166
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Weird how some think its pot but there are people saying that when they walked into the room they were smoking a cigar. Who knows...maybe that was masking the other smell.

"But, but, but..everyone loves Kubes and they would never do anything to hurt the team and turn on him"
Old 10-21-2013   #167
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 10182 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I really like Wood in preseason.
Morning is my favorite.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #168
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Weird how some think its pot but there are people saying that when they walked into the room they were smoking a cigar. Who knows...maybe that was masking the other smell.

"But, but, but..everyone loves Kubes and they would never do anything to hurt the team and turn on him"
If rolled right you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a swisher sweet loaded with weed or a simple cigar.

This has nothing to do with Kubes or how the team feels about him, that kind of conspiracy theory would be giving these three dumbasses too much credit.
Old 10-21-2013   #169
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 26700 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
Morning is my favorite.
Except when you have to pee really bad. Those are brutal.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #170
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Except when you have to pee really bad. Those are brutal.
LMAO.. wow, I think we should probably change the topic

But yeah I agree with you. I just don't know if this is the "yellow" brick road we should trek down
Old 10-21-2013   #171
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I've spent a good chunk of my life at house parties and hotel parties, and I can tell you this timeless truth about kids: If they're smogging up a small space, it isn't tobacco.

When Kubiak said that he looked at a body of work, it included the players' reputation and team history. Jefferson was arrested after falling asleep at a Taco Bell drive through. Cierre Wood had been disciplined in college. Montgomery had been disciplined at LSU, and he showed up to Texans camp out of shape. Antonio Smith and Swearinger had personally warned him to get it together. The organization had taken a chance on these guys, and they repayed the organization by becoming liabilities. It has nothing to do with losing the locker room or making examples out of people. It's about wasting no more time on people who aren't getting the message.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #172
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I've spent a good chunk of my life at house parties and hotel parties, and I can tell you this timeless truth about kids: If they're smogging up a small space, it isn't tobacco.

When Kubiak said that he looked at a body of work, it included the players' reputation and team history. Jefferson was arrested after falling asleep at a Taco Bell drive through. Cierre Wood had been disciplined in college. Montgomery had been disciplined at LSU, and he showed up to Texans camp out of shape. Antonio Smith and Swearinger had personally warned him to get it together. The organization had taken a chance on these guys, and they repayed the organization by becoming liabilities. It has nothing to do with losing the locker room or making examples out of people. It's about wasting no more time on people who aren't getting the message.
Exactly, these morons simply were unwilling to become men and put away childish things.. plain and simple. Not having a 3rd RB active is probably why we even lost against the chiefs.
Old 10-21-2013   #173
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Still don't know what the hell they were thinking drafting Montgomery in the 3rd to play OLB. Just threw that pick away. At least the other guys were UFA and we have a good track record with selecting/picking up backs who fit our scheme. I hope they move Brooks Reed to ILB and sure up the RT and OLB position next year. We need more pressure coming from the outside.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #174
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If rolled right you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a swisher sweet loaded with weed or a simple cigar.

This has nothing to do with Kubes or how the team feels about him, that kind of conspiracy theory would be giving these three dumbasses too much credit.
I agree with all that you've said. I was just being a smart-a because in the past anything that happened good or bad was some how spun to where Kubiak had some zen like control of the team and they would die for him. i.e. see McNairs comments after this game.
Old 10-21-2013   #175
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74123 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Still don't know what the hell they were thinking drafting Montgomery in the 3rd to play OLB. Just threw that pick away. At least the other guys were UFA and we have a good track record with selecting/picking up backs who fit our scheme. I hope they move Brooks Reed to ILB and sure up the RT and OLB position next year. We need more pressure coming from the outside.
I agree with this but my concern is that this team has been completely unable to draft defensive talent outside of the first round. Can't draft good CBs or LBs or anything really. Well, we drafted one good lineman in the sixth but the pats are getting the benefits of that one.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #176
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

How dumb are these guys?
Old 10-22-2013   #177
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
How dumb are these guys?
Hopefully a little less dumb after this experience.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #178
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

two OLB's on a wade phillips defense, and a UDFA runningback who just had both guys ahead of him go down with injuries. it takes a special kind of stupid to blow that kind of opportunity. you know you have a history, you know you dont get any strikes ... and yet you cant resist temptation long enough to become a millionaire by playing a game.
Old 10-22-2013   #179
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
listening to 610 right now,

willie jefferson source say they were smoking cigars in the bathroom after curfew, nobody ever came in, but said somebody smelled smoke and told team officials, then officials asked the players to come in.

They are denying it was marijuana.

Excessive punishment if you ask me. You gotta give these guys more leeway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So if you play football, you get to hang in topless bars, with prostitutes and smoke dope? Why is there an exemption for that? Rules are in place for a reason. How about manning up and following them? Why should athletes get exception? All tennis players do is smack a tiny ball as do golfers, so they by your definition have to obey rules but not football players? Why is my view draconian? The players union agreed to it so live up to it. You sound like the boy who said "if there wasn't a stupid rule I would not have broken it."
I'm with badboy on this. Dudes get a rule book before the season and agree to abide by it when they sign the contract. I'd bet the vets have told them what things would get them fined and what things would get them cut somewhere along the way. They decided to ignore the rules they signed up for and chose do what they wanted to do. Now they paid the price. No sympathy from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
From the press conference today, sounded like this was more of a last straw than an isolated incident.
I was thinking this same thing. We never hear about the internal fines until something like this - guys actually getting cut - happens. I was wondering to myself if this was their first offense or their fourth or fifth. The "leeway" some folks are asking for may have already been extended and they came to the end of their ropes.

And it speaks to their lack of discipline too. If you can't be disciplined off the field (the freakin' night before the game for cripes sake!), how can your teammates depend on you having discipline on the field??
Old 10-22-2013   #180
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It has absolutely nothing to do with caring about smoking pot.. it's about discipline. They were told they could not do "exhibit A" and they still played hanky panky in a bathroom.

This has nothing to do with pot.. since we've already given players chances on this team with drug issues and our owner already came out and said he'd give a player who has a drug record a chance. These players obviously had a previous strike against them and this wreaks of a "That's it, straw breaks back" offense.

I was high as hell on Wood (he looked like Foster 2.0).. Jefferson showed a LOT of potential..even drew Jason Taylor comparisons during this camp. Montgomery always looked like a fat lazy worthless turd, so lets leave him out of this discussion.

I don't care if a team snatches these players up and they become HOF type of players somewhere else.. this is a lessen they needed to learn and it's obvious that they need to grow as men and in the future if this makes them better people, than the Texans made the right decision today.
Former Viking & HoF'er Cris Carter will tell anyone that will listen that he was going down this road until Buddy Ryan cut him for this kind of crap. It woke him up and set him on the path to being a real man. Sometimes it takes a two-by-four across the noggin to get a guy's attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post

Reps to you both.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read