Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #101
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans waive Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
yea, they play nfl football, where they hit and tackle someone with a ball.

these guys are not public school teachers, politicians, the president, or the pope.

Fine them. Suspend them. Cutting them completely from the team is utterly excessive. Especially players with potential upside.

I find your draconian zero tolerance policy just ironic,

badboy.
You don't want your players getting high before gameday though.

I suspect they weren't that great to see the field...I mean two of them were UDFAs...

Wade and Kubiak aren't that bad to miss talent and if Jefferson/Montogomery were any good in the first place they would have been in the rotation by now, especially Sam.

As for Wood, that's just his loss.
Old 10-21-2013   #102
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That's what I just heard alluded to on The Blitz but I considered the source. If that's the case guys can get the boot for going to a ta-ta bar and carousing wit tha hoes?

The punishment seems a little stiff.
So was the infraction!
Old 10-21-2013   #103
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they are being accused of smoking weed test them on the spot, marijuana stays in your system for 28 days so if they were smoking they would flunk a drug test.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #104
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sources tell me it was Cigars and an Ouija Board.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #105
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if they would've cut Andre Johnson or JJ Watt if they were both caught.
Old 10-21-2013   #106
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
If they are being accused of smoking weed test them on the spot, marijuana stays in your system for 28 days so if they were smoking they would flunk a drug test.
See my post above. If I smoked pot I wouldn't submit to a test. You might not get another chance to play in the NFL if you get suspended for drugs as a first year player.
Old 10-21-2013   #107
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ironically, I heard this story on 610 while reading how Chris Jones (waived by the Texans) had 2 sacks and 10 tackles yesterday for the Pats. wtf?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #108
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I wonder if they would've cut Andre Johnson or JJ Watt if they were both caught.
They wouldn't do something this stupid but...no. Stars always get more leeway - rightly so.
Old 10-21-2013   #109
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ridiculous hypothetical, no offense.

Neither of those guys would ever be in that situation.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #110
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I would've cut them too just on the dumbass factor alone.. I'm a pothead who's not allowed to smoke and feel like there's nothing wrong with marijuana use and it's hypocritical for it to be illegal while Alcohol is.. however the "man" won't allow me to smoke and I have to be able to pass the whiz quiz whenever asked, so I don't and haven't for years, but if I could.. I would, I love pot and miss the hell out of it.

but back to the "dumbass factor", while you're blowing your "smoke" please refrain from trying to blow smoke up my ass too, I refuse to believe three grown had to go into a hotel bathroom to smoke a "cigar".. You were smoking a freaking sweat, trees, or whatever the hell the kids call them now. You probably got cut on the simple fact that you couldn't man up to begin with. Me and two other guys went in the bathroom to smoke cigars'... In the old NFL weekend update skit... REALLY?!
Agree. If this was a smoking infraction, no was was it a cigar. This was weed. You can often smell it dozens of feet away.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #111
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yea, they play nfl football, where they hit and tackle someone with a ball.

these guys are not public school teachers, politicians, the president, or the pope.

Fine them. Suspend them. Cutting them completely from the team is utterly excessive. Especially players with potential upside.

I find your draconian zero tolerance policy just ironic,

badboy.
So if you play football, you get to hang in topless bars, with prostitutes and smoke dope? Why is there an exemption for that? Rules are in place for a reason. How about manning up and following them? Why should athletes get exception? All tennis players do is smack a tiny ball as do golfers, so they by your definition have to obey rules but not football players? Why is my view draconian? The players union agreed to it so live up to it. You sound like the boy who said "if there wasn't a stupid rule I would not have broken it."
Old 10-21-2013   #112
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Ironically, I heard this story on 610 while reading how Chris Jones (waived by the Texans) had 2 sacks and 10 tackles yesterday for the Pats. wtf?
Yeah but he was only a 6th rounder, we needed to keep Montgomery because we wasted a 3rd on his dumb ass.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #113
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Never would happen, so moot point.

But how crazy would it be to walk in on JJ and Dre burning one??? I don't think any one of us could refuse to join in.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #114
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

philly makes some great cigars. cut them down the middle, add the flavor of your choosing, and share with friends.
Old 10-21-2013   #115
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't even get why you are interjecting this post into this thread.
I already explained why in the post you quoted... "Texans waive players", before I even clicked on the thread or knew anything about it or who it involved I was hoping Reed was one of them (one of the "Texan players waived".. hence why I "interjected" that post into this thread.

So now you know and I hope that clears up the confusion.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-21-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #116
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So if you play football, you get to hang in topless bars, with prostitutes and smoke dope? Why is there an exemption for that? Rules are in place for a reason. How about manning up and following them? Why should athletes get exception? All tennis players do is smack a tiny ball as do golfers, so they by your definition have to obey rules but not football players? Why is my view draconian? The players union agreed to it so live up to it. You sound like the boy who said "if there wasn't a stupid rule I would not have broken it."

did i say reward them for their anarchistic behavior?

I said fine them, suspend them. To completely go zero tolerance and cut them from your team is excessive.

There's more than one way to hold players accountable. Athletic ability, talent, upside, that is what this game is about. That is a valuable commodity. These guys are paid to play football, not be role models.

Punish them but dont cut them.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #117
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Edward Reed smokes weed too but it's for his arthritis.
Old 10-21-2013   #118
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wood can be replaced easily: sign Dennis Johnson from Browns practice squad. Also Deji Karim is still out there.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #119
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Quote:
did i say reward them for their anarchistic behavior?

I said fine them, suspend them. To completely go zero tolerance and cut them from your team is excessive.

There's more than one way to hold players accountable. Athletic ability, talent, upside, that is what this game is about. That is a valuable commodity. These guys are paid to play football, not be role models.

Punish them but dont cut them.
If they smoked pot - they deserved to be cut. You do understand they would have been drug tested and suspended by the NFL eventually anyways right? Playing in the NFL is a privilege. If you can't spend your first year pot-free then enjoy sacking groceries instead of QBs.
Old 10-21-2013   #120
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Wood can be replaced easily: sign Dennis Johnson from Browns practice squad. Also Deji Karim is still out there.
Can we please get the dude who fumbled 4 times in one preseason game? I'm hoping we can figure out how to finish with the worst record in the league so I think he'd be perfect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read