Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #181
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans waive Players

Should have gone with "The Jeffrey".
Old 10-22-2013   #182
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. That's what I'm thinking, too.

Can't imagine anyone getting canned over smoking a cigar.

Blunt.
More than just the cigar, 3 grown men huddled in the bathroom smoking a cigar? Very odd. As if they couldn't step outside to enjoy that cigar? And only one for all 3? Never shared a cigar with anyone, but shared plenty of the other.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #183
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
More than just the cigar, 3 grown men huddled in the bathroom smoking a cigar? Very odd. As if they couldn't step outside to enjoy that cigar? And only one for all 3? Never shared a cigar with anyone, but shared plenty of the other.
Bathroom? Makes for good conversation. "Ill show you mine, if you show me yours."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #184
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

So they went unclaimed through the waiver period. Does this mean that other teams deemed them unworthy or can they still get picked up by other teams? Also how long is that waiver period?
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #185
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
So they went unclaimed through the waiver period. Does this mean that other teams deemed them unworthy or can they still get picked up by other teams? Also how long is that waiver period?
The waiver period is 24 hours. After that, if they have not been claimed, they are FAs and can negotiate with any team.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #186
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The waiver period is 24 hours. After that, if they have not been claimed, they are FAs and can negotiate with any team.
True, but each one of them was under contract for the rookie minimum, so if nobody was willing to pick up those contracts, there's no reason to believe they'd be interested after they cleared waivers (ie: they'll never be cheaper then they were off the waiver wire).
Old 10-23-2013   #187
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

They should have just snorted lines of coke all night long like any decent celebrity, I mean no skunky smell and it would be out of the system in 3 days.

Silly kids they should have known not to mess with the most awful of all "drugs" the maryjuana. How much tax money is spent fighting this awful, highly addictive and certain averdose causing plant, er I mean drug?

Those kids will find a team who has the wherewithal to get them some counseling, minor "rehab" and then put them back out there. Not the high and mighty Houston Texans we win our championships with guys who only pop steroids and go to church after every practice.

<sarc>
Old 10-23-2013   #188
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
True, but each one of them was under contract for the rookie minimum, so if nobody was willing to pick up those contracts, there's no reason to believe they'd be interested after they cleared waivers (ie: they'll never be cheaper then they were off the waiver wire).
I'd be shocked if at least Wood doesn't get picked up. I would think the Cowboys would be very interested.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #189
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I'd be shocked if at least Wood doesn't get picked up. I would think the Cowboys would be very interested.
Then why wouldn't they just claim him off of waivers?
Old 10-23-2013   #190
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
MSR for the Get Him to the Greek ref.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #191
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I'm so excited. I enjoyed watching him at Pittsburgh last year. I also thought he did pretty good in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q75pYDYKeU

Ray Graham has a chance to develop. He was my favorite RB in college football last year. My second favorite? Zac Stacy who had some good runs against us when the Rams came to town.

Guys like Ray Graham and Zac Stacy have heart and work hard.

Cierre Wood blew a great opportunity. I'm glad his ass is gone.

Here is Ray Graham's Texans Touchdown in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tjQ0ahMUM

Keenum handing it off to him. Could have used him last game and we may have beaten the Chiefs. Ray Graham would have found a way to score on that second and goal at the half yard line. The play Greg Jones lost yards on.

I don't know much about Graham, and didn't really focus on him in preseason. In the college highlight video you posted, he showed outstanding lateral movement. Has he recovered that movement since his knee injury?
It clearly seems to be his strength. If he is anywhere close to 100% compared to the vid you posted, he might have the best lateral movement of any RB to ever put on a Texans uniform, TBH.
He looks like a perfect one-cut runner for our system.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #192
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Then why wouldn't they claim him off of waivers?
I have no idea, I was just saying that I couldn't imagine at least Cierre Wood not getting picked up. I wasn't arguing that you were wrong or anything.

But if these 3 guys leave and don't get picked up by anyone, what does that say about the quality of our team?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #193
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I have no idea, I was just saying that I couldn't imagine at least Cierre Wood not getting picked up. I wasn't arguing that you were wrong or anything.

But if these 3 guys leave and don't get picked up by anyone, what does that say about the quality of our team?
The only reason I can even conceive of that would cause them to pass on waivers and sign them immediately is if claiming them off waivers denies them the right to require a physical and drug test, and signing them off the street gives them that right.

If that's the case (and I honestly don't know if it is), the it would be a pretty compelling reason under the circumstances.
Old 10-23-2013   #194
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Lol. When life hands you a Jeffrey....rub the furry wall

Gotta spread the rep
Old 10-23-2013   #195
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

For what it's worth:

Montgomery passes drug test after being released:

Quote:
Sam Montgomery’s release from the Houston Texans was not due to marijuana use, as has been reported by ESPN.com. The former LSU Tigers star was among three rookies released by Houston for a team violation prior to the game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Following his release, Montgomery voluntarily submitted to an independent drug test in order to provide further proof and evidence that he was not using illegal drugs. The results of those tests came back negative, confirming his statement that he was not using marijuana or illegal substances.
This isn't to say that Montgomery didn't do anything else that would make getting caught smoking weed (or assuming as much) the final straw, but it's another wrinkle in the story.

In any case, it sucks to see Montgomery cut, both for his status as a third rounder and as a senior at LSU in 2011 who watched him tear up. Hope he finds a good team to sign with; preferably a 4-3 where he's naturally suited...
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #196
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
For what it's worth:

This isn't to say that Montgomery didn't do anything else that would make getting caught smoking weed (or assuming as much) the final straw, but it's another wrinkle in the story.

In any case, it sucks to see Montgomery cut, both for his status as a third rounder and as a senior at LSU in 2011 who watched him tear up. Hope he finds a good team to sign with; preferably a 4-3 where he's naturally suited...

If that's accurate, good for Sam.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #197
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For what it's worth:

Heard theory on radio yesterday that they cut Montgomery at same time so they could cover up that they blew the pick. After the above info this sounds more plausible. I still think they are scrambling to save their job. Many of these actions probably should have been done earlier in season or during preseason. We all know this regime is very SLOW and slow to act. Joe still here. Kubiak still here. etc....
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #198
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
For what it's worth:

Did the team officially release a statement that they were released for drug reasons? Or is it still all twitter based backroom sources?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #199
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Did the team officially release a statement that they were released for drug reasons? Or is it still all twitter based backroom sources?
No they didn't and they never will.
Old 10-24-2013   #200
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the ship is falling apart prob did these players a favor releasing them now other teams can swoop up and take them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read