Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #181
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans waive Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Montgomery should have never been drafted.
^^^^^ This!^^^^^

And to think that pick was the extra pick we got for losing Mario in FA. In other words, we got nothing in return! Makes me sick! What a waste!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #182
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Montgomery should have never been drafted.
very disappointed with sam. the talent was there. i really thought that he could have made a solid pair with williams - a heavy olb and a pass rusher. montgomery couldnt care less about the game and i actually had to look up williams because i'd forgotten his name. wasted talent.

what's really funny is the comments on NFL.com regarding this story, fans of several teams wanting him. some folks just dont pay attention.
Old 10-22-2013   #183
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ray Graham practicing well now. Tuggle to SAM. Also looking for a returner.

per Deepi
I'm so excited. I enjoyed watching him at Pittsburgh last year. I also thought he did pretty good in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q75pYDYKeU

Ray Graham has a chance to develop. He was my favorite RB in college football last year. My second favorite? Zac Stacy who had some good runs against us when the Rams came to town.

Guys like Ray Graham and Zac Stacy have heart and work hard.

Cierre Wood blew a great opportunity. I'm glad his ass is gone.

Here is Ray Graham's Texans Touchdown in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tjQ0ahMUM

Keenum handing it off to him. Could have used him last game and we may have beaten the Chiefs. Ray Graham would have found a way to score on that second and goal at the half yard line. The play Greg Jones lost yards on.
Old 10-22-2013   #184
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If these players WERE caught with weed (and especially if not for the first time, and on top of dogging it in the classroom and practice field), Kubiak may have cut them now, knowing that they were heading for NFL league suspension anyway. Of course, only speculating.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #185
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

These players are obviously not Houston Texans worthy.

What a shame. Their careers, like the Texans 2013 season, goes up in smoke.
Old 10-22-2013   #186
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
listening to 610 right now,

willie jefferson source say they were smoking cigars in the bathroom after curfew, nobody ever came in, but said somebody smelled smoke and told team officials, then officials asked the players to come in.

They are denying it was marijuana.

Excessive punishment if you ask me. You gotta give these guys more leeway.
Sure they are. Ever heard of a blunt? My money is on that's what went down. IF it's ever made public I bet we'll find out there was a "little kick" in those cigars. Not trying to start a stereotype "hood" thing but that's what my gut is telling me. If I've heard/read correctly in the past, once they take the TCH test at the beginning of the season they're not tested for weed again.

I smell a blunt.

Even if I'm wrong it was just dumb.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #187
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Sure they are. Ever heard of a blunt? My money is on that's what went down. IF it's ever made public I bet we'll find out there was a "little kick" in those cigars. Not trying to start a stereotype "hood" thing but that's what my gut is telling me. If I've heard/read correctly in the past, once they take the TCH test at the beginning of the season they're not tested for weed again.

I smell a blunt.

I'm not thinking you're wrong.

Quote:
And it comes with instructions to conceal the smell:

Quote:
Indoor Smoking

We all know it's more comfortable to smoke in the privacy of your own house, bedroom, or sheltered from the elements. So, this will help you keep your marijuana use concealed even indoors.

Tube / Spoof / Etc. - One of the most common ways to hide the odor of marijuana smoke indoors is by using a tube, also known as a spoof. It is simply a toilet paper roll with dryer sheets stuffed in it that you use to blow the smoke through, masking it with the smell of the dryer sheet. To make one, start by stuffing 5-6 dryer sheets (more if dryer sheets are thin) inside of a toilet paper roll, or any cardboard tube. To create a "filter", to increase the life of your tube, wrap two dryer sheets around the end of the tube you plan on blowing the smoke through. This will collect majority of the residue, thus extending the life of the dryer sheets stuffed inside of the tube. Generally, after a week or so of daily use, it is recommended that you replace the dryer sheets. Be sure to only use this method for bowls, because it is pointless to use with a blunt or joint, since the smoke still gets into the air from the still burning marijuana. If your bowl remains burning in between hits, cover it to extinguish the embers and prevent smoke from eminating from the bowl.

•Febreeze
- Febreeze or any other odor eliminating spray will eliminate nearly all marijuana odor if you are smoking in a confined space (bathroom, basement, etc.). However, if used in large rooms, it loses effect since it requires more Febreeze to mask it. If you are smoking in your bedroom, blow smoke out of a window or through a tube.

•Exhaust vents - If you are smoking indoors, you could use a exhaust vent along with Febreeze to eliminate the smell of marijuana smoke. Most houses have exhaust vents in kitchens and bathrooms, both of which are common rooms, so only use this if you have the house to yourself and you have at least thirty minutes for any leftover smell to exit the area.

•Vaporizer - Vaporizing your marijuana reduces the amount of odor because of two reasons, one, the marijuana does not actually combust, and two, it gives off a different odor than the one most commonly associated with marijuana smoke, and this odor is much easier to cover up with Febreeze or other odor eliminating sprays.
link
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2013   #188
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

I smell a blunt.

Yep. That's what I'm thinking, too.

Can't imagine anyone getting canned over smoking a cigar.

Blunt.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #189
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have gone with "The Jeffrey".
Old 10-22-2013   #190
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. That's what I'm thinking, too.

Can't imagine anyone getting canned over smoking a cigar.

Blunt.
More than just the cigar, 3 grown men huddled in the bathroom smoking a cigar? Very odd. As if they couldn't step outside to enjoy that cigar? And only one for all 3? Never shared a cigar with anyone, but shared plenty of the other.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #191
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
More than just the cigar, 3 grown men huddled in the bathroom smoking a cigar? Very odd. As if they couldn't step outside to enjoy that cigar? And only one for all 3? Never shared a cigar with anyone, but shared plenty of the other.
Bathroom? Makes for good conversation. "Ill show you mine, if you show me yours."
Old 10-22-2013   #192
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

So they went unclaimed through the waiver period. Does this mean that other teams deemed them unworthy or can they still get picked up by other teams? Also how long is that waiver period?
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #193
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
So they went unclaimed through the waiver period. Does this mean that other teams deemed them unworthy or can they still get picked up by other teams? Also how long is that waiver period?
The waiver period is 24 hours. After that, if they have not been claimed, they are FAs and can negotiate with any team.
Old 10-23-2013   #194
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The waiver period is 24 hours. After that, if they have not been claimed, they are FAs and can negotiate with any team.
True, but each one of them was under contract for the rookie minimum, so if nobody was willing to pick up those contracts, there's no reason to believe they'd be interested after they cleared waivers (ie: they'll never be cheaper then they were off the waiver wire).
Old 10-23-2013   #195
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

They should have just snorted lines of coke all night long like any decent celebrity, I mean no skunky smell and it would be out of the system in 3 days.

Silly kids they should have known not to mess with the most awful of all "drugs" the maryjuana. How much tax money is spent fighting this awful, highly addictive and certain averdose causing plant, er I mean drug?

Those kids will find a team who has the wherewithal to get them some counseling, minor "rehab" and then put them back out there. Not the high and mighty Houston Texans we win our championships with guys who only pop steroids and go to church after every practice.

<sarc>
Old 10-23-2013   #196
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
True, but each one of them was under contract for the rookie minimum, so if nobody was willing to pick up those contracts, there's no reason to believe they'd be interested after they cleared waivers (ie: they'll never be cheaper then they were off the waiver wire).
I'd be shocked if at least Wood doesn't get picked up. I would think the Cowboys would be very interested.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #197
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I'd be shocked if at least Wood doesn't get picked up. I would think the Cowboys would be very interested.
Then why wouldn't they just claim him off of waivers?
Old 10-23-2013   #198
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Should have gone with "The Jeffrey".
MSR for the Get Him to the Greek ref.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #199
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I'm so excited. I enjoyed watching him at Pittsburgh last year. I also thought he did pretty good in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q75pYDYKeU

Ray Graham has a chance to develop. He was my favorite RB in college football last year. My second favorite? Zac Stacy who had some good runs against us when the Rams came to town.

Guys like Ray Graham and Zac Stacy have heart and work hard.

Cierre Wood blew a great opportunity. I'm glad his ass is gone.

Here is Ray Graham's Texans Touchdown in the preseason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tjQ0ahMUM

Keenum handing it off to him. Could have used him last game and we may have beaten the Chiefs. Ray Graham would have found a way to score on that second and goal at the half yard line. The play Greg Jones lost yards on.

I don't know much about Graham, and didn't really focus on him in preseason. In the college highlight video you posted, he showed outstanding lateral movement. Has he recovered that movement since his knee injury?
It clearly seems to be his strength. If he is anywhere close to 100% compared to the vid you posted, he might have the best lateral movement of any RB to ever put on a Texans uniform, TBH.
He looks like a perfect one-cut runner for our system.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #200
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Then why wouldn't they claim him off of waivers?
I have no idea, I was just saying that I couldn't imagine at least Cierre Wood not getting picked up. I wasn't arguing that you were wrong or anything.

But if these 3 guys leave and don't get picked up by anyone, what does that say about the quality of our team?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read