Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2013   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams Passes Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I don't foresee we old timers biting our tongues
Who you calling "old timers", old timer??
Old 10-21-2013   #42
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
meh.....dust to dust an all that.
Yeah, I guess I could be polite and settle form that, but f'ck it.

RIH POS!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #43
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Who you calling "old timers", old timer??
I meant old timers in reference to our many years as Oiler fans... I go back to 1967 when one of the offensive linemen was a HS friend of my mothers. I got to be a football boy that year, and I was a diehard fan up until Fud fired Bum Phillips. I ceased to watch the NFL at that time, and didn't resume until the Texans came into existence. Lucky for me I didn't have the heartache that many of you felt when they blew the game in Buffalo. In hindsight, that was a blessing, because then Fud would have had his grimy hands on a SB trophy

Now, if we wanna discuss OLDTIMERS we can always include Thorn in this conversation.... as for me, I'm a youthful, handsome, 55yr old Adonis
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Now, if we wanna discuss OLDTIMERS we can always include Thorn in this conversation.... as for me, I'm a youthful, handsome, 55yr old Adonis
I'm still smarter and better looking than everyone who posts here. Dammit.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #45
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm still smarter and better looking than everyone who posts here. Dammit.
I'm not gonna argue with the "smarter" LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #46
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
My sentiments exactly.

Prayers for his family though.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #47
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
@McClain_on_NFL : The last game Bud
Adams was able to attend was the Titans'
OT loss to Texans in September. His
health had been failing.
That about covers it.
Old 10-21-2013   #48
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 83804 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Bum got to heaven and God said "Bum, you lived a great life on Earth, you were a believer, a follower of Christ, and a man who was admired and loved by all. As a reward I want to give you anything you desire."

Bum thought about it for awhile, and said "God, I want to give all the Houston football fans the one thing they desire most in life."

God said "a Super Bowl championship this year?"

Bum said "not exactly."

And HELL had a special new resident.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Bum got to heaven and God said "Bum, you lived a great life on Earth, you were a believer, a follower of Christ, and a man who was admired and loved by all. As a reward I want to give you anything you desire."

Bum thought about it for awhile, and said "God, I want to give all the Houston football fans the one thing they desire most in life."

God said "a Super Bowl championship this year?"

Bum said "not exactly."

And HELL had a special new resident.
Nice!!
Old 10-21-2013   #50
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
@McClain_on_NFL : The last game Bud
Adams was able to attend was the Titans'
OT loss to Texans in September. His
health had been failing.
Too bad it wasn't in the playoffs

However he is still getting the last laugh being city of houston is still paying on the astrodome

I will say condolenses to his family though
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #51
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Glad he never held a Lombardi in celebration.
Agreed....
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #52
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to be a decent human being and say RIP and let it die...but honestly, this comes to mind

http://youtu.be/Dkq7WZTzkLQ
Old 10-21-2013   #53
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Too bad it wasn't in the playoffs

However he is still getting the last laugh being city of houston is still paying on the astrodome

I will say condolenses to his family though
Every game against the Texans was his playoffs. He hated them.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #54
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every game against the Texans was his playoffs. He hated them.
(singing) A-B-C-D-E F-HIM!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 10-21-2013   #55
UKTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 UKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedUKTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
He hated the Bills and 35-3 represented (logically) his low point as owner of the franchise.

So anytime his club beat the Bills, like a couple of yrs ago, he took great pleasure in it.
Thanks, I wondered if it had been at Oilers fans when he took the franchise to Memphis,
UKTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I am now feeling the exact opposite emotion that I felt when Bum passed. You can take that however you want.
Old 10-21-2013   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda' figured this news after I turned on the radio and heard McClain making a case for Bud in the Football Hall of Fame.

So...uhhh....yeah. Not going to get into much about But the owner and this city, but I will say thank you to Bud for his service to our country. And that's about all the good that I can say for the man, with the possible exception that at least he was man enough to admit his greatest mistake in life was killing the Oilers and taking them from Houston.
Old 10-21-2013   #58
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I kinda' figured this news after I turned on the radio and heard McClain making a case for Bud in the Football Hall of Fame....
NO!
Old 10-21-2013   #59
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Mama said to say nothing at all, so I won't.
Old 10-21-2013   #60
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Mama said to say nothing at all, so I won't.
Your Mama would say it's ok to make an exception in this case. Let it rip.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read