Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2013   #21
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams Passes Away

Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Irregardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #22
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Regardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.
Agree. I forgot to add "my condolences" to my post.

A person passing is sad, regardless of who it is.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #23
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86144 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Regardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.
I will bite my tongue (or in this case fingers) to keep it clean.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I just started to think I wonder if bum realized he made a mastike moving the team why move your team from the 4th largest city and move to a much smaller city in Nashville

I mean money wise it didn't make sense

I really think sonner or later no doubt he would of got a brand new stadium here and well I think he could of won some CHampships here
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #25
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I don't foresee we old timers biting our tongues
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #26
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Agree. I forgot to add "my condolences" to my post.

A person passing is sad, regardless of who it is.
Yeah it is sad. But what people say about you after you pass tells you a little something about that person. See Bum's thread, then take a look at this one.

My condolences go to the Adams family for their loss, but as for the man himself, color me indifferent.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #27
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59043 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't find where a reputable news source that has confirmed this.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #28
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 53145 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-21-2013   #29
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
http://www.nfl.com/
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #30
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 53145 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
nfl.com
Old 10-21-2013   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's try to remain respectful ladies and gentlemen. Irregardless of our feelings toward Bud, let's remain respectful of his family and Bud.
No. Can't do it and won't do it. Hate this man worse than anyone I can think of.
Old 10-21-2013   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

so uhhh who is the owner NOW and dis this mean the titans might be lookin to move to LA ..??????

I don't know why no NFL team is not there yet the LA market is HUGGGEEE!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #33
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
My sentiments exactly.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #34
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
No. Can't do it and won't do it. Hate this man worse than anyone I can think of.
Bud Adams was a piece of $hit who is now dead. Good riddance and all that, but I'm not really in the mood to give this very much emotion right now. I'm more concerned about the Texans than Bud Adams. We all knew the old buzzard was gonna die at some point.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Well stated Herv! My sentiments exactly!
Old 10-21-2013   #36
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 78417 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to disagree with you. There is no way anyone who loved the Houston Oilers could remain respectful of Bud Adams. I worked for an accountant years ago who happened to be the team CFO when John McMullen was owner of the Astros. He was involved in many meetings with bud adams. He said adams did not give a damn about anything or anyone but himself. When told the things he wanted would not be best for fans or others involved, he said it didn't matter what the fans wanted, it was his way or else.

The city of Houston supported the Oilers even after adams' miserable firing of Bum Phillips. I'm getting pissed thinking about him. Respect is earned, and bud adams does not deserve the respect of anyone who grew up loving the Houston Oilers.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #37
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad he never held a Lombardi in celebration.
Old 10-21-2013   #38
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

@McClain_on_NFL : The last game Bud
Adams was able to attend was the Titans'
OT loss to Texans in September. His
health had been failing.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #39
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86144 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTexan View Post
What's the story behind that pic?
He hated the Bills and 35-3 represented (logically) his low point as owner of the franchise.

So anytime his club beat the Bills, like a couple of yrs ago, he took great pleasure in it.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #40
BleedsRocketRed
Open the Roof!

Rep Power: 0 BleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
@McClain_on_NFL : The last game Bud
Adams was able to attend was the Titans'
OT loss to Texans in September. His
health had been failing.
Pure. Freaking. Gold

How ironic...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read