Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster Hamstring Unanticipated?

Foster was "sore" after Wednesday's practice and was kept out of practice altogether on Thursday. On Friday, he was listed as "Full Participation." This (as I've mentioned many times before) just goes to emphasize how worthless any Injury Report other than (maybe) on Wednesday is. On Friday, the practice is a WALK-THROUGH. I would hope that he did not aggravate his hamstring during such vigorous activity. It would seem that if he "tweeked" his hamstring, you still give a player a week or two of rest/rehab before throwing him out there.....especially when you've already seen how previous "tweeks" with Arian have turned into multi-week problems when he is rushed back in....and since you are going into a Bye.

Then, you've got to ask yourself, taking all of the things above in consideration, how do you justify starting the game with only Tate and Jones (FB) activated??????? Hello?? Where was Cierre Wood? Hello??
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #2
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster Hamstring Unanticipated?

How the hell do you not keep 3 RBs active? Our coach has no idea what he's doing. The end of the 1st half showed it. 2 TOs and about 54 seconds. Doesn't use one until it's too late.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I remember correctly, they only activated 2 RBs last week too. Wood must be terrible on special teams. Not like it really helped though.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
If I remember correctly, they only activated 2 RBs last week too. Wood must be terrible on special teams. Not like it really helped though.
And that's pretty bad considering how bad ST are.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

How is it possible to tell who is terrible on special teams or not? Aren't they all just a gigantic cesspool of terrible?

I know he returned a kick once that he kneeled, I think that alone makes him a better returner than KMart.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #6
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I found it surprising because we were going against a team stronger against the pass than the run with a first time starter. In that case, you know you need to run the ball a good deal and help set things up for the QB. So yeah...it wasn't a brilliant decision by the coaching staff to say the least.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
How is it possible to tell who is terrible on special teams or not? Aren't they all just a gigantic cesspool of terrible?

I know he returned a kick once that he kneeled, I think that alone makes him a better returner than KMart.
Supposedly, he has no tackling skills............should fit right in with the rest of our STs.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post

It's on the coverage units. They essentially added guys from practice squad that leaped him simply due to special teams.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #9
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

That my friend is what you call kubiaking.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
yeah, but how do you devise a conservative, run heavy game plan with what amounts to a rookie QB active for the first game of his career with only two backs. One has a hammy issue and the other can't stay healthy? After Foster was lost, I bet they didn't want to overwork Tate once they knew they had no good options if he goes down, so I'm sure that altered how he called the game as well.

#FireKubiak

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree 100%. Bad move by Kubiak.
Old 10-21-2013   #12
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but how do you devise a conservative, run heavy game plan with what amounts to a rookie QB active for the first game of his career with only two backs. One has a hammy issue and the other can't stay healthy? After Foster was lost, I bet they didn't want to overwork Tate once they knew they had no good options if he goes down, so I'm sure that altered how he called the game as well.

#FireKubiak
That's on me. LOL

Old 10-21-2013   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

nevermind. the pic was resized.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Yeah, I had no idea that pic was going to be life-size.
Old 10-21-2013   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess now we know why Wood was inactive. He's been waived.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #16
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post

Well there you go
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

ever since foster got payed he has not been the same I don't like foster anymore hes a bunm and I hope we trade him or something
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #18
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Kubiak's is great at covering up his boneheaded moves after the fact. Wood is probably just as confused as us that he got released.
Old 10-21-2013   #19
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88720 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
ever since foster got payed he has not been the same I don't like foster anymore hes a bunm and I hope we trade him or something
Foster is the only reason we could move the ball against Seattle and St. Louis and is the only guy who showed up for the San Francisco game.

He's 5th in the league in rushing yards, despite playing behind a porous offensive line. He's also played each game (until KC) with horrible QB play and no blocking and his yards per carry and yards per reception are much better than last year.

He's been a beast this year.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #20
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

NSFW? LOL I dunno.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_im...67/mVsmh4T.jpg

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read