Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #161
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

If Kubiak bases the decision on performance, probably won't, he will go with Keenum. He was better in every aspect of QB play. The biggest difference is his ability to extend a play and make a throw on the run/outside the pocket. This is especially important when you got our sorry a$$ RT Newton out there. He got beat so damn bad a couple of times all he could do is watch the OLB harrass the QB, horrible.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #162
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said he was most impressed with Keenum’s ability to run the offense and call plays despite the noise at Arrowhead Stadium. With Schaub getting closer to returning, Kubiak says he has a tough decision on which quarterback will start against Indianapolis on November 3.

That’s a difficult call, either way, from that standpoint,” Kubiak said. “I’m going to look at it. Matt is back moving around a little bit today. We’ve got a bye week here. We have a couple of days to evaluate ourselves, evaluate our football team and see where we’re at and then I will do what I think is best for the team.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-68181608ff6e

An UDFA forcing the HC to make a tough call after his first start; if that doesn't scream potential, I don't know what will.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #163
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum should start and proved it, but I just got the feeling that Kubiak was trying to throw Keenum to the wolves in hopes that there wouldn't be a descision on who to start after the bye....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #164
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I think it depends on whether or not Schaub still has the locker room. Keenum made some exciting plays, especially the off schedule ones, but it's not like he had the offense running up and down the field. For all of his mobility, he was still sacked 5 times, fumbled twice and gave up the game winning TD.

As beautiful as Keenum's deep ball is, Schaub still gives you the best chance to win on Sunday. He's not going to chuck a pick 6 every week, despite the fan hysteria.

If Schaub doesn't start, It's either because he's lost the team or he's still injured. Keenum looks like the heir apparent at this point.

Agreed...but I can only hope Keenum is back in to show the home crowd that he is no fluke!
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #165
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes is starting Schaub and this will be how we finally rid this franchise of his stubborn ways.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #166
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone needs to calm down.

Kubiak didn't say anything that's not true. Officially, Schaub is still the starter. Case was given a chance to show what he could do in a very hostile environment & did exceptionally well in his first start.

However, he did make some critical mistakes that need to be corrected if he's going to be successful going forward. This bye week/Schaub's injury couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Gary now has two weeks to work with Case & fix the mistakes for the next game. From what I'm hearing, Gary wants to start Case & may very well have already made up his mind to do just that.

I believe it's blatantly obvious to the players that Case is the future starting QB for this team & he gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl. Even a blind man could've seen how much harder the team played last week. There's a new sense of excitement on the team & the fans are energized again. I'll bet Indy is not looking forward to coming into Reliant for this next game. We will win this Sunday night game! I wonder if we can set a new noise level for the league?

One of the reasons Gary's players love & support him is that he treats them with respect & never intentionally embarrasses them. Right now, I believe he's trying to find a way to let Schaub down easy so as to not cause any unrest or devisiveness on the team.

Believe me when I say, I truely believe Case will be our starting QB for the rest of the season & will make a hard push to get us into the playoffs this year.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #167
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Believe me when I say, I truely believe Case will be our starting QB for the rest of the season & will make a hard push to get us into the playoffs this year.
I'm praying for a miracle. I don't care how much sense it does not make... I want a miracle & I want Case to become a legend.

This team wasn't built for Schaub to win us a Super Bowl. It was built for Arian & JJ to win us a Super Bowl. Case just needs to play smart & make a play every now & then.
Old 10-22-2013   #168
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81208 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak risks being embarrassed in front of a national audience if he rolls with Schaub as a starter against the Colts.. Remember in Capers' last season here when it became painfully obvious Carr couldn't play and Capers had no answers.. The reign of boos poured down on Capers and all he could do is stand there with that gaping deer in headlights look on his face. If Kubiak goes with Schaub and he makes the type of mistakes he's made this season the crowd will turn on him badly and could get ugly for Kubiak real fast.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-22-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #169
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Kubiak risks being embarrassed in front of a national audience if he rolls with Schaub as a starter against the Colts.. Remember in Capers' last season here when it became painfully obvious Carr couldn't play and Capers had no answers.. The reign of boos poured down on Capers and all he could do is stand their with the gaping deer in headlights look on his face. If Kubiak goes with Schaub and he makes the type of mistakes he's made this season things could get ugly for Kubiak really fast.

Old 10-22-2013   #170
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

When sorting all of this out, it's important to note that Keenum's impressive performance was despite:

Foster.........4 running attempts for 11 yds (2.8 yds/carry)
Tate..........15 running attempts for 50 yds (3.3 yds/carry)
Jones..........2 running attempts for 2 yds (1.0 yds/carry)

That's only 21 attempts for 63 yds for 3.0 yds/carry.

None of the RBs ran for more yds/carry than the 3.6 yds/carry that Keenum turned in on his 3 runs.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #171
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
When sorting all of this out, it's important to note that Keenum's impressive performance was despite:

Compare that to the running game Schaub was afforded against the Rams & SeaDucks. Im still trying to figure out how the hell they lost that Rams game by 25 when Foster was running wild.

Rams
Foster 20/141
Tate 10/12

SeaDucks
Foster 27/102
Tate 7/44

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #172
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping Case spends some quality time with Kubiak during the bye week. Maybe they could draw up plays in the dirt together and Kubiak can remember how to use his imagination in playcalling and how fun the game should be.
Old 10-22-2013   #173
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67472 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
dont forget the dropped touchdown pass by hopkins and the long touchdown pass dropped by graham.

Keenum should have been over 300 yards with 3 tds and the win.
Eh. The Hopkins throw shoulda been on his left shoulder and not his right. Keenum admitted that post game. But the Graham throw, I think maybe Graham is trained to run shallow to catch under-thrown balls from another certain QB on our roster that he was surprised it lead him perfectly and he shouldn't have stopped short.
Old 10-22-2013   #174
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

None of the RBs ran for more yds/carry than the 3.6 yds/carry that Keenum turned in on his 3 runs.
and all of that was in the first half. by my count we had -1 rushing yards in the second half outside of a 9 yard run by keenum.
Old 10-22-2013   #175
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm hoping Case spends some quality time with Kubiak during the bye week.
They're off.

I heard on the radio today, the Texans had a light practice, then were let go until next Tuesday.
Old 10-22-2013   #176
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Eh. The Hopkins throw shoulda been on his left shoulder and not his right. Keenum admitted that post game. But the Graham throw, I think maybe Graham is trained to run shallow to catch under-thrown balls from another certain QB on our roster that he was surprised it lead him perfectly and he shouldn't have stopped short.
It dont matter it was still in his hands, regardless.
Old 10-22-2013   #177
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Are you kidding? The other guy gets paid too.
Old 10-22-2013   #178
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They're off.

I heard on the radio today, the Texans had a light practice, then were let go until next Tuesday.
I was meaning in Kubiak's backyard or something. Geez, Louise.
Old 10-22-2013   #179
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Where that ball was thrown allowed the defender to make a play. A better throw and the defender would not of been able to make a play.
Old 10-22-2013   #180
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Where that ball was thrown allowed the defender to make a play. A better throw and the defender would not of been able to make a play.
i agree to an extent, all i am saying is the ball was still in his hands. Had he pulled the ball into his body right after he caught it then it would of been a TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read