Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #141
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Well Schaub is due up next on 610.. tune in, because this could get interesting
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #142
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Except I just heard with my own two ears 30 secs ago kubiak say that he's going to evaluate what Matt has done and evaluate what keenum did and make the best choice for the team. He said that live on his coaches show that just ended.
I heard that too .... I think it makes sense that he leaves some suspense in who the starter is going into the next game , especially considering how different those two players are. This makes the Dolts have to prepare for both.

IF they can beat the Dolts .... they can get back in this thing as they get the Cardinals , Raiders & Jaq's in the following three weeks. (yeah that's a big If).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #143
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
if Schaub plays badly early vs the Colts he will get the hook for Yates or Keenum, may even see both guys in that game.
there is no if, schaub ain't playing. if he does, kubiak will be even in more fire.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #144
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
call me crazy but right now I think Matt schaub gives us the best chance to WIN games .... he might not be the long term answer but if they wanna get w's well matts your guy

cuz what if I make a case that Keenum may be good but what if I say keenum will never score more then 21 points this year
Okay Norg, I will call you crazy just to make you happy. LOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #145
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Well Schaub is due up next on 610.. tune in, because this could get interesting
.. This is becoming a really awkward interview. Vandermeer keeps trying to Segway into asking who the hell is the starting QB going ahead, Schaub keeps saying he's healthy, and is a "full participant" but nobody will admit who the hell is the damn starter.. not Schaub or Kubiak who should already know.. What the ****?
Old 10-21-2013   #146
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Should have never put Matt in that position.. that was just awkward.
Old 10-21-2013   #147
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Schaub doesn't know. Says he hasn't talked to kubiak at length for a couple days.

He keeps saying he's going to prepare to play. But he sounds like a guy that is worried about not being the starter.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #148
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
.. This is becoming a really awkward interview. Vandermeer keeps trying to Segway into asking who the hell is the starting QB going ahead, Schaub keeps saying he's healthy, and is a "full participant" but nobody will admit who the hell is the damn starter.. not Schaub or Kubiak who should already know.. What the ****?
that's good to know.

if kubiak declares CK the starter, he can't blame it on Schaub's ankle/leg injury.

kudos to Schaub for being honest about his lack of injury.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #149
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would you tell the Dolts who your starting QB is going to be or would you make them prepare for both ?!

Old 10-21-2013   #150
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Keenum cause it should be an obvious choice. I'm like a lot of others though and realize..............it's Kubiak

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #151
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Would you tell the Dolts who your starting QB is going to be or would you make them prepare for both ?!
At 2-5 it doesn't matter.

The season is over.

Thanks for another season to remember Rick/Gary.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #152
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He told the best starting defense in the NFL playing at home who his starting QB was going to be so I don't know why he just doesn't come out and settle this issue now.. it's called leadership and I'm starting to question his.
Old 10-21-2013   #153
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
At 2-5 it doesn't matter.

The season is over.

Thanks for another season to remember Rick/Gary.
I don't think its over just yet.

If they beat the Dolts , they get the Card's , Raiders and Jaq's the next three weeks - they win those and they are .500 with 6 to go and three more division games.

The Dolts lost Reggie Wayne for the season .... that's a huge loss for them.

They probably have to go 8-1 from here on out .... Its not likely but they still have a shot. I really think this team is much better than its record , especially if Schaub isn't under center.

Winning three of four against the Pats , Bronco's and Dolts twice may be a lot to ask but Im gonna hold out hope for at least one more game.

Old 10-21-2013   #154
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
call me crazy but right now I think Matt schaub gives us the best chance to WIN games .... he might not be the long term answer but if they wanna get w's well matts your guy

cuz what if I make a case that Keenum may be good but what if I say keenum will never score more then 21 points this year

You are crazy
Old 10-21-2013   #155
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You are crazy
Old 10-21-2013   #156
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's very considerate of Kubiak to leave his replacement an even higher draft pick to work with by starting Schaub. A class's act until the very end kubes.
Old 10-21-2013   #157
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You are crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyMpZTba5Tc
Old 10-21-2013   #158
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I think it's very considerate of Kubiak to leave his replacement an even higher draft pick to work with by starting Schaub. A class's act until the very end kubes.
Well it's on him to put the future head coach in a good position.
Old 10-21-2013   #159
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
He left the door open for Keenum. I'd expect for Keenum to get all the work the next 2 weeks and for Schaub to not be "100%" healthy for Indy. Keenum will get the start and will continue to do so as long as he plays well.

He knows Keenum is his only way out, but he's loyal to a fault and is going to do everything in his power to not humiliate Schaub.
This right here. I was a bit skeptical of Keenum but after having been in that stadium and witnessing Case perform as well as he did in that environment and against that defense, this is a no-brainier. Kubiak knows the Colts game is a must win to salvage the season and even his own job- and with Case starting it will be frenzied...with Schaub it would be a home disaster.

Plus, we really have not had any updates from the team itself on the extent of Schaub's injury - only what he said on 610.
Old 10-21-2013   #160
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

...saw Schaub's statement on his injury but sure would like to see the team update his status...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read