Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #121
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Start Keenum at home and Schaub for the away games!
Old 10-21-2013   #122
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
To me the truly depressing part of all of this is that I have not one single doubt that Schaub will be starting against the Colts in two weeks. He's the starter and Gary doesn't take starters jobs away from them due to injury. Gary will ignore the fact that Matt has been atrocious and should have lost his job due to poor play.

Gary doesn't think Matt has played as poorly as we all do. That has been established. He may take a starters job away if their backup steps in and picks it up but he also doesn't have an enormous bromance with most of them like he does Schaub. Matt's coming back, don't kid yourselves.

So we get Matt back and unless he's undergone some kind of incredible transition into a completely different QB he's going to walk on to that field hearing a raging chorus of boos. It's cruel but it is honest and frankly it is what he and Gary should be hearing at this point in the season.

If this game plays out the only way it likely should be able to Indianapolis is going to come into our house and beat the **** out of us. Matt will be a mess and even if Gary pulls him and throws Keenum in there it won't matter. In fact it will be worse because he won't spend these two weeks getting Keenum ready to play the Colts. He'll spend it trying to turn Matt into something he isn't (and probably never was). When he does turn to Keenum he'll put him in a no-win scenario with few or zero first team practice reps and likely behind.

What kills me most about all of this is that you can step back and see clearly exactly how Kubiak is going to **** this up. It's not even challenging anymore. It's not surprising that other teams and professional coaching staffs are a step ahead of him. Casual fans know his schtick by heart at this point.

The only really interesting question is when will Bob McNair work it out for himself. I want to know how much longer I have to watch this dumbass work his "magic".

I'm terrified that you might be right, so:

michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #123
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 61664 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
What he said.

If I'm going to guess what Kubiak will do, I simply try to think of the best possible choice to make, then go with the opposite. He's the George Costanza of the Texans.
You know I am going to laugh hysterically when Kubiak and Schaub are cut at seasons end, and end up with the Jags and come in and beat the Texans on a regular basis. You know it will happen just with the luck this city has with it's sports teams. Either that or, Kubiak will go to a team in another division and win a Super Bowl in the next few years. I don't think Kubiak will be out of work for very long. Tampa Bay seems like a good landing spot for him.

I did not vote, but since you said "who gets the start", I would have to say Schaub because you should not lose your job to injury and Kubiak is a stand up guy even if his job is on the line. Having said that, if Schaub plays badly early vs the Colts he will get the hook for Yates or Keenum, may even see both guys in that game.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #124
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Is Kubiak on the "Tank for Tajh" or "Tank for Teddy" bandwagon?
Could almost live with that except no real sure things out there this year.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #125
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #126
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Could almost live with that except no real sure things out there this year.
I wanted to tank for Luck because he's as sure a thing as I've ever seen come out of college. No players like that this year and probably not for a long time.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #127
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum definitely should. Kubes will most likely start Schaub is he isn't "injured"
Old 10-21-2013   #128
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

There should be little conversation about if Schaub should be playing in any remaining games this season. Kubiak would have to really be asking to get fired if he trots Schaub back out there. If he does, I'll be ready to part with him immediately. Schaub should be done as a Texan, and probably as a starting quarterback in the NFL overall.

Keenum should get the starts for the rest of the season, unless he starts playing like Schaub was earlier in the season (massive turnovers) in which case we should turn to Yates. Keenum has done enough to earn a shot.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #129
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
You know I am going to laugh hysterically when Kubiak and Schaub are cut at seasons end, and end up with the Jags and come in and beat the Texans on a regular basis. You know it will happen just with the luck this city has with it's sports teams. Either that or, Kubiak will go to a team in another division and win a Super Bowl in the next few years. I don't think Kubiak will be out of work for very long. Tampa Bay seems like a good landing spot for him.

I did not vote, but since you said "who gets the start", I would have to say Schaub because you should not lose your job to injury and Kubiak is a stand up guy even if his job is on the line. Having said that, if Schaub plays badly early vs the Colts he will get the hook for Yates or Keenum, may even see both guys in that game.
LMAO.. oh lord, I hope I have the chance to see that happen. Hell, even Jag fans don't want that to happen.. just ask them.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #130
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt's our quaterback"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
if kubiak goes back to schaub, i'll finally join the ever growing pink soap bandwagon.
If he goes back to Schaub .... I'll hit him with a bar of soap .... in a sock.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #131
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak is a standup guy, and we are to believe his quote about all positions being evaluated, then Keenum should be starting.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #132
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What is this lose your job to injury non sense?

Schaub should lose his job because he stunk.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #133
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'll stick to my earlier opinion. Case is the new starter.

Kubiak is gushing over case on his coaches show right now. Not just that, but he's not going to come out the day after the game and call case the starter. That's not his MO.

The fact that he's even saying he's going to evaluate the qb situation speaks volumes.
Old 10-21-2013   #134
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
and I'll be there to help hold down the sheet to make it a full blanket party..
Old 10-21-2013   #135
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-quarterback/

Get your soap ready, Matt is still the starter.
Old 10-21-2013   #136
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

call me crazy but right now I think Matt schaub gives us the best chance to WIN games .... he might not be the long term answer but if they wanna get w's well matts your guy

cuz what if I make a case that Keenum may be good but what if I say keenum will never score more then 21 points this year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #137
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post

All they're doing is repeating what has already been said... Kubiak said "it's still open up for evaluation", so nobody really knows what the hell is going on. I just wish Kubiak had a pair and would put this to bed already.
Old 10-21-2013   #138
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

update Kubiak was just asked again who is his starter and he wouldn't answer... this leads me to believe it won't be Schaub. Next we'll hear how Case and Matt are "splitting snaps".
Old 10-21-2013   #139
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Except I just heard with my own two ears 30 secs ago kubiak say that he's going to evaluate what Matt has done and evaluate what keenum did and make the best choice for the team. He said that live on his coaches show that just ended.
Old 10-21-2013   #140
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77198 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Smoke and mirrors.

...I hope

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read