Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #101
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

case is the better player, and showed why on sunday. there may be an argument on who gives us the better chance to win right now based on schaub's experience, but for me that player is still keenum. i really dont think schaub has anything left. he wont be fully healthy this year, he cant move, his accuracy is way off, and his reads are the worst of his career. we've seen the top of schaub's potential and it's near impossible for an older declining injured player to get back to that (somewhat mediocre) point.

case does what schaub can do and soooooo much more. you have to put the better player on the field.

kubiak will probably go with schaub if he can, but it's the wrong call.
Old 10-21-2013   #102
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt's our quaterback"

ground floor
Old 10-21-2013   #103
DavisAg
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respectedDavisAg is a quality contributor and well respected

This better just be "coach speak". There is no way he watched Case play this weekend and STILL think Schaub is the best option at QB. No way.
DavisAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #104
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. Oh.. poor, poor matt, I bet even he doesn't want this to be true. Gary Kubiak would be the ultimate bus driver if he blatantly threw Schaub in harms way as he backed out of town.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.. but if true.. WOW, what a dumbass and feel for you Schaub, home fans won't be happy.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #105
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

This fkn guy... I'm actually kinda glad he's doing this. He deserves to go down with his boy. This is a train wreck one can only dream of.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #106
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, if he goes through with this we will DEFINITELY lose to the Colts. They just played Manning about as well as you could play him...they will have two pick sixes and we'll be closer to drafting top 5.

Case is the only guy that could save Kubiak's job so I'd be surprised if he sticks with Schaub.
Old 10-21-2013   #107
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

if kubiak goes back to schaub, i'll finally join the ever growing pink soap bandwagon.
Old 10-21-2013   #108
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

The Keenum Krew is going to lose their flippin minds!!

This season is just like a soap opera!! LOL
Old 10-21-2013   #109
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
if kubiak goes back to schaub, i'll finally join the ever growing pink soap bandwagon.
I feel the same.
Old 10-21-2013   #110
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Eff. Gary. Kubiak.
^^^^
This

However my $$$$ is on BoB making Gary start Case.

God I hope BoB begins to care about what his on field product has become under Rick/Gary.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #111
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The sad thing about all of this, these "injuries" will give McNair an excuse to keep Kubiak around another year.

As fans, we're screwed
Old 10-21-2013   #112
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The Keenum Krew is going to lose their flippin minds!!

This season is just like a soap opera!! LOL
I actually have my popcorn ready.. It's obvious who has more staying power here. Keenum will be here long after Kubiak (unless he pulls his head out of his ass) and Matt Schaub.

But yeah, this season is better than a soap opera.. damn shame Wood, Jefferson, and Montgomery didn't include me in on the rotation so I could further enjoy it.
Old 10-21-2013   #113
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

However my $$$$ is on BoB making Gary start Case.

God I hope BoB begins to care about what his on field product has become under Rick/Gary.
I want Bob to stay completely out of it. Just watch like the rest of us.
Old 10-21-2013   #114
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
I want Bob to stay completely out of it. Just watch like the rest of us.
Bob needs to step in and it would not make him like Jones if he does.. The only time he stepped in he saved Gary's collective ass by getting a new DC when it was obvious we needed one and we won the division in consecutive years and made back to back playoff appearances. He needs to step in again if this is true. I hate Jerry Jones like the next guy and hate owners of that ilk.. but Bob is too conservative and could stand to take a more hands on approach. There has to be some happy medium here.
Old 10-21-2013   #115
AFS
Watt was that?

Would keeping secret the fact that we're gonna start Keenum against the Colts help us at all in terms of forcing the Colts to have to gameplan for both? I want to believe this is just Kubiak playing head games.
AFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #116
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

No matter who starts, I think we as fans win. == If Schaub starts, it will only hasten GK's firing, fans win. If Case starts, fans win.
bigmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #117
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Is Kubiak on the "Tank for Tajh" or "Tank for Teddy" bandwagon?
Old 10-21-2013   #118
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He left the door open for Keenum. I'd expect for Keenum to get all the work the next 2 weeks and for Schaub to not be "100%" healthy for Indy. Keenum will get the start and will continue to do so as long as he plays well.

He knows Keenum is his only way out, but he's loyal to a fault and is going to do everything in his power to not humiliate Schaub.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #119
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I anticipate the boo birds coming out for Schaubie's return. If Schaub does start, at least I'll be able to hit the sack on time Sunday night.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #120
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Not just pink! It comes in a full range of colors
midway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read