Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

What do you think if McNair has a say, and should he has one in football decisions?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...hell-of-a-job/
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #82
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What do you think if McNair has a say, and should he has one in football decisions?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...hell-of-a-job/
McNair does have a say, the final say technically. I don't think he would let Kubiak put Schaub back on the field - It's not unlikely that he had a heavy hand in starting Keenum in the first place.
Old 10-21-2013   #83
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to guess Schaub will be "not fully recovered" even after the bye so Kubiak can get at least one more look at Keenum, i.e., the decision will be delayed.
Old 10-21-2013   #84
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm going to guess Schaub will be "not fully recovered" even after the bye so Kubiak can get at least one more look at Keenum, i.e., the decision will be delayed.
puss·y·foot
intr.v. puss·y·foot·ed, puss·y·foot·ing, puss·y·foots
1. To move stealthily or cautiously.
2. Informal To act or proceed cautiously or timidly to avoid committing oneself.
3. Informal Gary Kubiak answering questions at Texans press conferences when pressed on decision-making choices.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Doctors' order?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #86
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Case, but my gut tells me its gonna be Kubiak's love child Schaub.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #87
k2djspike
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 k2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
If the question is asked today at the presser, I guarantee the response will be:

"Well, we'll have to evaluate where Matt is with his recovery. Right now I don't know how far along he'll be, so I can't answer that question."

Now, if he's asked who's going to start if both men are healthy, Kubiak will say:

"Well, we'll have to evaluate them both in practice and make a decision from there."

He's going to avoid that question like Neo going into bullet time to avoid getting shot. He's going to pull some Matrix-esque crap on the press room and be complete non-committal.

Which leads me to believe he'll build a case (no pun) for Schaub.

But this season is lost and the ONLY shot of saving his job rests with Case.

I WANT case to start, but my head says Gary will go back to Matt, who is his doppelganger in mind, spirit, and body. Not a testicle to share between them.
listening to 610 with Kubiak.. thats exactly what he said more or less LOL
k2djspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #88
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

kubes just said Matt his "Our" starting QB

if matt is healthy and plays well in practice then he will start period
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #89
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
It would be nice to see what Case looks like with Arian out there. I'm not saying he would or wouldn't do better, but he basically played the majority of the game without a RB. I think the ability to have Foster as a blocker and safety valve hurt the Texans significantly. It's too soon to tell what we have with Case, but Schaub looks like a defeated man out there.
It wouldn't do anything but help, he played 3 quarters without a RB! If Schaub was out there we wouldn't have even been in the game.
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #90
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTheSouth View Post
It wouldn't do anything but help, he played 3 quarters without a RB! If Schaub was out there we wouldn't have even been in the game.
u don't know that for sure there are like 2 sides of matt one that u have seen and one that takes care of the ball and gets the ball out of his hands and makes plays
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #91
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u don't know that for sure there are like 2 sides of matt one that u have seen and one that takes care of the ball and gets the ball out of his hands and makes plays
I do know that for sure. Another thing I know for sure is you've never seen Schaub play a game without a RB on the field for almost the whole game.
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #92
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak: ‘Matt’s our starting quarterback’

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...g-quarterback/

Case Keenum was solid in his NFL debut, a 17-16 loss at Kansas City, but he didn’t change coach Gary Kubiak’s mind about the starting position.

“Matt’s our starting quarterback,” Kubiak said of the veteran Schaub. “Case played this week.”

Kubiak said he would re-evaulate the position during the Texans’ bye week.
Old 10-21-2013   #93
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post

Case Keenum was solid in his NFL debut, a 17-16 loss at Kansas City, but he didn’t change coach Gary Kubiak’s mind about the starting position.

“Matt’s our starting quarterback,” Kubiak said of the veteran Schaub. “Case played this week.”

Eff. Gary. Kubiak.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #94
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Matt's our quaterback"

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ck/?cmpid=hpbn
I haven't been this annoyed by one guy in so damn long. Bob, please, fire this guy now!
Old 10-21-2013   #95
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm using the same logic that I used this past week...

If you have to think about it, then that favors Case. Matt has been the starter for how many years now? If Kubes was so sure then there is nothing to think about here.

The only thing to think about is to grow a pair and think of a way to break it to Matt and tell him he's not playing this upcoming week.
Old 10-21-2013   #96
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Who do y'all think gets the start. I assume Schaub will be healthy.

Does the city riot if Kubiak goes with anyone other than Keenum?
Gary Kubiak is going to start Matt Schaub against the Colts on November 3. Sunday Night Football and primetime game on NBC for the entire country to watch. You didn't think he was going to start a promising QB like Case Keenum for a second straight game did you? I'm only being sarcastic but wow. I can't believe Kubiak is going back to Schaub.
Old 10-21-2013   #97
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinijen View Post
eff. Gary. Kubiak.
^^^this
Old 10-21-2013   #98
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt's our quaterback"

I have to hope this is just coach speak and not indicative of a really stupid decision.
Old 10-21-2013   #99
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post

not shocked
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #100
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt's our quaterback"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I have to hope this is just coach speak and not indicative of a really stupid decision.
Yeah. I'm hoping "we'll evaluate the position" means "Case is starting against the Colts". If not...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read