Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2013   #521
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
It's a tad premature to call any of Kaepernick, Dalton, or Wilson "franchise" QBs
That's what I've been saying, especially about Luck & Kaepernick.

I think Russell Wilson leads that pack (Dalton is a year ahead), & I feel safest about him becoming a true starter. I had RG3 in there, but he's starting to show that he's learning how invincible he isn't.

I've got nothing against Luck, I hope he starts for a long, long time. He is showing improvement, especially in taking care of the ball, but I think he's got a long way to go.

Kaepernick is a talented mofo, but so far I'm thinking he's going to be like McNabb & never take the next step.... he'll rely on his talent (which turned out well for McNabb) & if Harbaugh is as good for him as Reid was for McNabb, he'll have a long career.

Then there's Tannehill. Not as flashy or heralded as the other guys, but the kids a baller & he's very smart. He's got as good a chance of being a true starter as any of them.
Old 11-03-2013   #522
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
This year, the texans will probably be looking at boyd and hundley where theyre draftihg. Hundley probably needs at least 1 more yr of seasoning whilenboyd needs mechanical work. Even with those questions, you have to draft one of them with your pick if you have anfranchise qbbgrade on them.
If they stay in the area of 5th-12th picks they could be looking at both Manziel and Boyd available when they pick.

I have a lot of questions about Manziel , his size and being a spread QB , seldom under center being the biggest of those .... But if he's does come out this year and you have the opportunity to draft him , you really have to consider it strongly, he has a special ability to feel pressure and move around the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield. He has a little Drew Brees and some Brett Favre in him ....

Boyd I had rated higher prior to FSU .... but they made him look pedestrian. Last night he didn't look good early against UVA they got it rolling.

I think its possible Hundley is the 3rd QB taken behind Bridgewater & Mariota , possibly in the top 8 picks , based mostly on his upside rather than what he's actually done thus far.
I could see Bridgewater , Mariota , Hundley , Manziel and Boyd all being taken in the first round and Mettenberger could sneak in there too.
This draft could turn out an awful lot like the 1983 draft. Two losers from that draft picking QB's - KC picking Todd Blackledge and New England taking Tony Eason. All the other QB's taken in that draft either went to the probowl or HOF. Ken O'Brien (PB) , Dan Marino , Elway and Kelly.

If the Texans do draft a QB .... lets hope they aren't the NE or KC of this draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #523
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dalemurphy, I agree players are mis judged,but how does a qb go undrafted? I mean they said ryan fitzpatrick had one of the best chalkboard sessions ever. He stuck around,got his chance under gailey,played well early and turned it into a big payday. Then teams found out he couldn't push the ball to certain quads of the field. He's still getting a great. Nfl check as a backup,but he was undrafted For a reason also. Could case be like this? Could. Should Keenum continue to be the starter? Yes. Would or should the texans pass a qb in the 1st rd? No!
No Sir, TK, I got the point alright.

This is the post that I responded to.

It is clear that Leebigz already write Keenum off.
He wants the Texans to draft a QB in the first round regardless of the outcome of the remaining games, and regardless of how Keenum is going to perform.

And on that, I disagree.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #524
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, pretty much. Even this year in those draft threads, posterd were asking who the texans couldnt pass, I said geno smith. Even with his troubles or up and down games, I thought his skillset was perfect for kubiak. He arm talent,feet, mobility were all positives. When you see the bombs to stephen hill and santonio holmes, you have to think with a qb guy like kubes,a little seasoning and he could be that guy. You look at the wr depth, I really like terrance williams in the 2nd rd. Thats just me though.

This year, the texans will probably be looking at boyd and hundley where theyre draftihg. Hundley probably needs at least 1 more yr of seasoning whilenboyd needs mechanical work. Even with those questions, you have to draft one of them with your pick if you have anfranchise qbbgrade on them.
I'm not even sure Geno has a stronger arm than Keenum.
The radar gun clocked them at the same 55 mph.
But let's say Geno does have a little stronger of an arm, he has nothing else that one can call as an upgrade to Keenum.

I had spent some time rewatching all of his games this season.
If I was you, I would have the Jets start looking for a QB in the first round in the next draft.
Old 11-03-2013   #525
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Oh and BTW, there are teams like the Jets and the Jaguars that were in clear need of a QB and neither spent a first rounder on a QB last year.

Heck, both of them could have taken EJ Manuel, but neither did.
Maybe the Raiders, too.
Old 11-03-2013   #526
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I have a lot of questions about Manziel...
The only questions I have about Manziel is his love of football & his ambition to be great.

Kid reminds me of Namath in every way.
Old 11-03-2013   #527
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm not even sure Geno has a stronger arm than Keenum.
The radar gun clocked them at the same 55 mph.
But let's say Geno does have a little stronger of an arm, he has nothing else that one can call as an upgrade to Keenum.

I had spent some time rewatching all of his games this season.
If I was you, I would have the Jets start looking for a QB in the first round in the next draft.
Jaguars are dumb and proff is they drafted a bum in gabbert and refused to draft one this yr and won't win a game.

You can pull out your radar gun all u want, print ur tickets up,stand in line, and watch keenum throw the ball.Any who declares his ball travel with the same velocity as even tj yates is drunk,high,and stupid.
Old 11-03-2013   #528
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jaguars are dumb and proff is they drafted a bum in gabbert and refused to draft one this yr and won't win a game.

You can pull out your radar gun all u want, print ur tickets up,stand in line, and watch keenum throw the ball.Any who declares his ball travel with the same velocity as even tj yates is drunk,high,and stupid.
You're such a comedian. LOL.
Old 11-03-2013   #529
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75018 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, forget those screwy things called numbers and technology, it's all witchcraft I tells ya!
Old 11-03-2013   #530
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 31768 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's really comedic is that every since Case was announced the starter this week 11 people voted in this thread to start Keenum (not that I'm counting, or anything).
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #531
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The only questions I have about Manziel is his love of football & his ambition to be great.

Kid reminds me of Namath in every way.
Eh , I think you have to be able to play under center in the NFL .... Manziel doesn't do that right now.
I have to wonder if that's to get him good looks at the defense allowing him easier presnap reads much like Kubiak does for Keenum being a shorter guy.

He's got some special skills either way.

Old 11-03-2013   #532
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know if he's a comedian or not .... But I've questioned Keenum's arm on some throws too. Not that it isn't entirely adequate .... but that he could use a little more velocity here and there.

We're going to have to see a whole lot more of Keenum before we crown him the solution going forward.

So far so good .... so what.

Old 11-03-2013   #533
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Yeah, forget those screwy things called numbers and technology, it's all witchcraft I tells ya!
Leebigz likes to go with his eye test, except I think he closes his eyes when Geno threw all of them picks, especially the pick-sixes.

Yeah, Geno has great arm strength there.
Old 11-03-2013   #534
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum threw a comeback to posey on the run. 2nd play of the game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #535
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The noodle arm forced AJ to really stretch for it .
Old 11-03-2013   #536
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I am going to LMAO when a UDFA outplays the #1 ovrl pick at his position from his draft class on Sunday night football in front of the entire country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Msr

case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Let's just say if that happens I'd have to change my shorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Let's just say... you better have an extra pair handy.

Old 11-04-2013   #537
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 31768 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Leebigeztx, anyway? I'd like to hear his take on Keenum's fvcking fettuccini arm after last night's aerial display from Case's supposed limp member.

We still need a larger sample size on Case, though. Still, Leebigeztx's absence is about as curious as Schaub's was when Schaub wasn't available for post-game quotes.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #538
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
We still need a larger sample size on Case, though. Still, Leebigeztx's absence is about as curious as Schaub's was when Schaub wasn't available for post-game quotes.
We need a larger sample size to determine if Keenum is the guy to build around in the future (and to let us know whether or not we need to draft a QB really high). We don't need a larger sample size to convince me that the rest of this season should be Keenum's. We've already gotten the best we'll ever get out of Schaub and I think Yates is a decent backup but little more.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #539
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
We need a larger sample size to determine if Keenum is the guy to build around in the future (and to let us know whether or not we need to draft a QB really high). We don't need a larger sample size to convince me that the rest of this season should be Keenum's. We've already gotten the best we'll ever get out of Schaub and I think Yates is a decent backup but little more.
You know what worries me? Say we get the rest of the season as a sample size and guess what, Keenum looks like a good doggone starting quarterback. How did the organization miss on him for so long? Somebody in that Texans organization is going to have to CONVINCE me that they simply didn't know they had lightening in a bottle. Of course, this is the same organization that can't bear to part with Joe Marciano, so maybe there's a huge-ass blind spot for obvious talent/lack of talent from the GM on down.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #540
stonewhite
Veteran

Rep Power: 945 stonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You know what worries me? Say we get the rest of the season as a sample size and guess what, Keenum looks like a good doggone starting quarterback. How did the organization miss on him for so long? Somebody in that Texans organization is going to have to CONVINCE me that they simply didn't know they had lightening in a bottle. Of course, this is the same organization that can't bear to part with Joe Marciano, so maybe there's a huge-ass blind spot for obvious talent/lack of talent from the GM on down.
Can't be to mad at them. They are the only team who gave him a chance. So happy for Case. Hope he's here to stay.
stonewhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read