Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2013   #361
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Looks like 12.14% of you were wrong!

What do I win for guessing right?
Old 10-28-2013   #362
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

I'm surprised the number is that low
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #363
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Same thing I won.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #364
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum is starting!!!!!! fuk yea!
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #365
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally kubiak is making decisions like his job is on the line. Might be a little too late though.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #366
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
I think we'll be drafting a QB regardless of how well Keenum plays. Keenum's success will dictate how high/low we decide to take one. Just my opinion of course.
Just an example (I'm kind of laughing at myself by posting this)...

After the Patriots drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round of the 2000 draft, and after Bledsoe went down and Brady took them to the Super Bowl in 2001, the very next year, the Patriots drafted a QB in the 3rd round of the 2002 NFL Draft, Rohan Davey.

Different QBs, probably different results, and way different coaches...but Schaub = Bledsoe? Seems about right.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #367
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You win the internets for the day. Congratulations!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2013   #368
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak says Keenum is starting Sunday versus the Colts, but that he's not naming him as the season-long starter. He'll re-evaluate every week. Keenum would have to suffer an epic collapse to see Schaub back in as starter, IMHO.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 10-28-2013   #369
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You win the internets for the day. Congratulations!
YESSSSSSSS!

Old 10-28-2013   #370
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably for the best. If Schaub has torn ligaments in his ankle, he'll be about as mobile as a fence post, and behind this garbage O-line, that would just be cruel. When I tore a ligament in my ankle, it was 5 days before I could walk and 4 weeks before I could run without an aircast.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #371
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Kubiak says Keenum is starting Sunday versus the Colts, but that he's not naming him as the season-long starter. He'll re-evaluate every week. Keenum would have to suffer an epic collapse to see Schaub back in as starter, IMHO.
You mean a...Schaub-like collapse?
Old 10-28-2013   #372
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The season is over at this point. Might as well just throw him out there.
I hate this kinda talk. We should always be trying to win.

I can't imagine why anyone would say, "Might as well throw him out there." or, "Might as well see what he's got." unless you believe Schaub gives us the best chance to win, but you don't want to win because your hatred for Schaub & Kubiak run deeper than your love for the Texans.

Kubiak's been more than fair to Schaub, I've got a few issues with the way he managed this transition, niggles really, but we are where we are. Keenum showed to be able to play well and make good decisions in a real game situation. It wasn't too fast for him & he didn't do anything stupid. Posting a 110 passer rating (or whatever it was) is promising against the 3rd or 4th best defense in the league, but he definitely showed signs of being a rookie (first time starter).

He's proven to be a viable alternative at the QB position & Matt has proven it was time for a change. Keenum will get his chance to show what he's got, but he's going to be doing it in the context of winning. You can't tell jacksht about a QB if you're playing for nothing. Matt Schaub's tenure in Houston should've taught us that.
Old 10-28-2013   #373
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Probably for the best. If Schaub has torn ligaments in his ankle, he'll be about as mobile as a fence post, and behind this garbage O-line, that would just be cruel. When I tore a ligament in my ankle, it was 5 days before I could walk and 4 weeks before I could run without an aircast.
I'm confused you say Schaub will be "as mobile as a fence post".

So you are saying post injury he will be more mobile, because that sounds like an upgrade to me.......
Old 10-28-2013   #374
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to LMAO when a UDFA outplays the #1 ovrl pick at his position from his draft class on Sunday night football in front of the entire country.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #375
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm confused you say Schaub will be "as mobile as a fence post".

So you are saying post injury he will be more mobile, because that sounds like an upgrade to me.......
So clever.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #376
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I am going to LMAO when a UDFA outplays the #1 ovrl pick at his position from his draft class on Sunday night football in front of the entire country.
All this hype about the 2014 draft class, but the 2012 qb class has been pretty good.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #377
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Maybe Kubiak wants it to appear that he's choosing Case, rather than sticking with him by default...?
Old 10-28-2013   #378
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe Kubiak wants it to appear that he's choosing Case, rather than sticking with him by default...?
Which is a good thing because Kubiak won't have to go back to Schaub when he's healthy.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #379
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
YESSSSSSSS!

Old 10-28-2013   #380
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Yates is in uniform, I'm going to be skeptical about Schaub being healthy.

I've had torn ligaments in my ankle and I was out for a while. I don't know the severity of matts situation, but I don't see him having torn ligaments and being able to play football.

I think they are either saying Matt is healthy so they can get rid of him, or kubiak is doing Matt a favor so when he has to find a new team they aren't skeptical about his injuries...and maybe a little bit mixed in with him seemingly making a tough decision (even though it shouldn't be tough).

Don't know if any of that makes sense, but I think it's strange that it's reported he has torn ligs while texans and Matt are saying he's healthy.
I hear that. I tore all the ligaments in my ankle one time and I was unable to do much of anything, even had to use crutches for awhile. Worst injury I have ever had.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read