Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the start at QB after the buy?
Keenum 162 88.52%
Schaub 21 11.48%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2013   #341
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The only reason that I can think that Kubiak would start Schaub, especially with Newton and most of the rest of the OL playing, is to deliver the final coup de gras, where we would never see him, except in a wheelchair ever again.
I shudders o think what that stadium would be like with a Schaub start...just don't see it happening.
Old 10-27-2013   #342
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like listening to sports talk on the radio... but if you know me, that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with half the stuff they are saying.

The other day I heard something that just made all the sense in the world. Before the game Kubiak said he's going to start Case, over TJ, because the team needed a spark & he wants to see if Case could provide it.

Well, after the game he said there definitely was a spark.

So if Kubiak believed the team needed a spark & he believed Case provided that spark, why would he blow it out?

& seriously, listening to everything Kubiak has said about Case since the game, it's evident to me that the Case Keenum era has just started.
Old 10-27-2013   #343
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
How many out routes did u see?
Geez, I realize it's probably senseless to even try to respond to this gentleman but .... I remember several out routes and I remember 2 in particular that he COMPLETED BEYOND the 1st down marker versus our other QBs who seem to only complete such passes 3-4 yards short of the marker.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #344
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like Case Keenum may get the start afterall...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ght-all-season
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #345
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
It looks like Case Keenum may get the start afterall...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ght-all-season
The "attempt to play through" part scares me though. Kinda infers that someone intends on him playing.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #346
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schuab as Torn Ankle Ligaments

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...t-not-be-right

Quote:
If Matt Schaub wants to remain the Houston Texans starting quarterback, he'll likely have to fight through physical pain keep the job.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Schaub has torn ankle ligaments that he will attempt to play through, according to two sources informed of the injury.

One source with direct knowledge said Schaub might not be "right" all season
(Some fans surely will argue he wasn't 'right' even when healthy.)

Coach Gary Kubiak, prior to the Texans' bye week, called Schaub the staring quarterback. Kubiak then said they would evaluate both Schaub and Case Keenum during the time off.

Given how this season has gone for the Texans, if Schaub isn't healthy the team would be better served by finding out what they have in Keenum
Anyone think this is true? Or could it just be something that the Texans organization is feeding the media and us fans for a reason to start Case Keenum again?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #347
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub to Back Up Case

Here we go

Quote:
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 4m
"Matt's health is fine. It's a decision based on what I saw take place last week with Case." Kubiak on QB decision. #Texans
Quote:
Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant 6m
Kubiak: Matt Schaub will be backup to Keenum. Decision was based on Keenum's performance. #Texans
Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 7m
Gary Kubiak said Matt Schaub will backup Case Keenum. Kubiak said Schaub is fine. Decision was based on how Keenum played last week.
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2013   #348
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got a notification on my phone about Keenum being the starter vs. Colts.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #349
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever.

Schaub is not going to be our future starter, neither is Yates, so we might as well find out if we have to draft a QB next year by playing Keenum now. We all have known this for a while now. The only question there's ever been is does Kubiak realize it yet.

If Keenum somehow proves he can't do the job, and the Texans do NOT get a new QB next year, AND Kubiak is still the head coach after such a mess, maybe I'll find something else to do with my Sundays in 2014.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #350
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Whatever.

Schaub is not going to be our future starter, neither is Yates, so we might as well find out if we have to draft a QB next year by playing Keenum now. We all have known this for a while now. The only question there's ever been is does Kubiak realize it yet.

If Keenum somehow proves he can't do the job, and the Texans do NOT get a new QB next year, AND Kubiak is still the head coach after such a mess, maybe I'll find something else to do with my Sundays in 2014.
I think the so called 'injuries' have already secured Kubiak for 2014. Love McNair, but he's all about 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances
Old 10-28-2013   #351
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

The season is over at this point. Might as well just throw him out there.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #352
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for all that crap from many here who were convinced that Kubiak was hitched to Schaub. I am not surprised at all. I think he's about had it with #8's play thus far and realized how Keenum has the potential to invigorate this offense with his athleticism. I am excited about the extra week of preparation and hopefully we see a less conservative game plan.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #353
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever.

I think he gets it. And he's pinning all his hopes on Keenum now, because I think the only way Kubes keeps his job is if we go 8-8 or better. Anything less and I believe he's gone for one of the hotter college coaches.

Who knows, maybe Kubiak will call better games with his back against the wall? I'm excited to see Keenum play. Nothing would be better than an undrafted QB outplaying the #1 pick in one of the best QB drafts in recent memory.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #354
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Just announced it CASE!!!
Old 10-28-2013   #355
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

A healthy scratch.. wow.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #356
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

edit
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #357
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11151 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...anapolis-colts

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans quarterback Case Keenum will start in Sunday night's game against the Indianapolis Colts, coach Gary Kubiak announced Monday.

The decision came despite the fact that former starter Matt Schaub returned to practice after missing the Texans' last game with a sprained ankle and foot.
Old 10-28-2013   #358
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If Yates is in uniform, I'm going to be skeptical about Schaub being healthy.

I've had torn ligaments in my ankle and I was out for a while. I don't know the severity of matts situation, but I don't see him having torn ligaments and being able to play football.

I think they are either saying Matt is healthy so they can get rid of him, or kubiak is doing Matt a favor so when he has to find a new team they aren't skeptical about his injuries...and maybe a little bit mixed in with him seemingly making a tough decision (even though it shouldn't be tough).

Don't know if any of that makes sense, but I think it's strange that it's reported he has torn ligs while texans and Matt are saying he's healthy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #359
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
So much for all that crap from many here who were convinced that Kubiak was hitched to Schaub. I am not surprised at all. I think he's about had it with #8's play thus far and realized how Keenum has the potential to invigorate this offense with his athleticism. I am excited about the extra week of preparation and hopefully we see a less conservative game plan.
I think Kubiak did a good job with the game plan vs. KC. The RBs going down hurt him, no doubt, but he played to Keenum's strengths. When Tate went down, I posted in the game day thread at that point that the chances of winning were all but nil. There wasn't much else in terms of game plan Kubiak could have done.

Now, the typical curl up in a ball on the sideline crying for halftime to get there faster crap has to go. He's done that for years and it never fails to infuriate me. You can't play football scared, and that is exactly what Kubiak does just before the half way too many times.
Old 10-28-2013   #360
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever.

I think we'll be drafting a QB regardless of how well Keenum plays. Keenum's success will dictate how high/low we decide to take one. Just my opinion of course.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read