Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2013   #41
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Big deal; I wanted the Texans to take both Wilson and Keenum so that one can be the insurance policy for the other in case of injury.
Well, don't hold out on us. Lay it out. I just wanted to prove that Schaub could have been easily replaced instead of re-signing him. I was right on the money.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Well, don't hold out on us. Lay it out. I just wanted to prove that Schaub could have been easily replaced instead of re-signing him. I was right on the money.
It doesn't matter. We didn't marry ourselves to Schaub with some ridiculous contract. We paid him a starters wage, not an elite wage. We can cut him at the end of the season with little repercussion.

It was a, "You have two seasons to win a Super Bowl" contract. Nothing more, nothing less.

& this is the second year.
Old 10-23-2013   #43
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

"Look at me, look at me I was right and you were wrong, nanny nanny boo boo"

We need a cookie emoticon for everyone who needs to feel vindicated and craves the attention, geez.
Old 10-23-2013   #44
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...277567&page=24

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #45
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if my aunt had a...
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He has an aurora. Open and shut case!
No wonder people like Keenum. Everyone likes pretty lights.

Old 10-23-2013   #47
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It doesn't matter. We didn't marry ourselves to Schaub with some ridiculous contract. We paid him a starters wage, not an elite wage. We can cut him at the end of the season with little repercussion.

It was a, "You have two seasons to win a Super Bowl" contract. Nothing more, nothing less.

& this is the second year.
What a HUGE mistake it was giving Schaub the deal before seeing how he would play an entire season coming from the Linsfranc injury. Now Ed Reed.. Rick set us back with those two moves. Fire-able offenses. But that's a whole other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
"Look at me, look at me I was right and you were wrong, nanny nanny boo boo"

We need a cookie emoticon for everyone who needs to feel vindicated and craves the attention, geez.
Nostradamus ain't got sh*t on me!

Thanks for playing, guys. Proceed with the major failure of a season.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2013   #48
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
From their msg board...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott free
Lets be honest, this kid did damned good, the tejans have their new QB.

Yep, he did well. Especially without running backs...
That about sums it up for me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Must be all them Coogs fans posing as Chief fans.

Seriously, those were high praises.
I must admit, I was surprised.
Darn it; I wonder what it would have been like if the Texans pulled that game off.
You think they would go ballistic over there at Chiefs planet?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #50
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No wonder people like Keenum. Everyone likes pretty lights.
It doesn't hurt that he can actually hit a WR in stride or over the top in the end zone.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #51
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It doesn't hurt that he can actually hit a WR in stride or over the top in the end zone.
yeah, but can Keenum throw a 7 yard pass on a 3rd & 10? That is a crucial play for QBs in Kubiak's scheme.
Old 10-23-2013   #52
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, but can Keenum throw a 7 yard pass on a 3rd & 10? That is a crucial play for QBs in Kubiak's scheme.

OK, that made me LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What a HUGE mistake it was giving Schaub the deal before seeing how he would play an entire season coming from the Linsfranc injury. Now Ed Reed.. Rick set us back with those two moves. Fire-able offenses. But that's a whole other thread.
By signing Schaub, you open the door for Keenum. If the Texans went out to get another QB they most likely would have drafted another QB who would have also been ahead of Keenum on the depth chart.

Schaub won 12 games last year & we won a play-off game. Worth the money to me.

That contract said, "I can get Case ready for 2014 if Schaub doesn't win a Super Bowl before that."

There's no way Tj would have been our starter had we not signed Schaub. There's no way Keenum would have been our starter, or our #2 if we had not signed Schaub.

If we signed a Veteran, then drafted a 1st day QB, that's position 1 & 2 right there. Maybe Keenum beats Tj for the scout team job, but I doubt it.
Old 10-23-2013   #54
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's some cold sh!t, DB

(hehehehehehehe)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
By signing Schaub, you open the door for Keenum. If the Texans went out to get another QB they most likely would have drafted another QB who would have also been ahead of Keenum on the depth chart.

Schaub won 12 games last year & we won a play-off game. Worth the money to me.

That contract said, "I can get Case ready for 2014 if Schaub doesn't win a Super Bowl before that."

There's no way Tj would have been our starter had we not signed Schaub. There's no way Keenum would have been our starter, or our #2 if we had not signed Schaub.

If we signed a Veteran, then drafted a 1st day QB, that's position 1 & 2 right there. Maybe Keenum beats Tj for the scout team job, but I doubt it.
On the other hand, my humble strategy was to take two among Wilson, Cousins, and Keenum (preferrably Keenum and Wilson).
Wilson played in both the pro and WCO; Cousins played in a hybrid version if the two systems. But I like Keenum's moxy.

Let them two duke it out with Schaub and Yates.
I don't dislike Yates, but I have always thought that Wilson and Keenum are better.

We might be able to strike a more team-friendly deal with Schaub.
I would trade Yates in that off-season.

It didn't matter to me whether Wilson or Keenum becomes the eventual starter; I'm no UH homer. I let it be known that I would be in euphoria if the Texans take them two.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #56
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane brown still wants Schaub. He made that clear.

Dre didn't say who he wanted, but I think he wants keenum. After the game, the way he sounded and the way he talked about him. And he even re-iterated: "like I said, it's just something about him"

That's pretty strong coming from Dre.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #57
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 578 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Duane brown still wants Schaub. He made that clear.

Dre didn't say who he wanted, but I think he wants keenum. After the game, the way he sounded and the way he talked about him. And he even re-iterated: "like I said, it's just something about him"

That's pretty strong coming from Dre.
When/where did Brown make it clear he wants Schaub?
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #58
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Heard the sound bite on 610 yesterday. He didn't say he wanted him exactly. Just said he deserves to be the starter for what he has done in the past. Basically Kubiak speak
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
I saw it on csn last night. He said, case played great and he has a bright future but I think Schaub is the guy to lead this team. You can't ignore how good he's been for us in the past. Schaub is the right guy for the job and it's who I think should lead this team going forward.

Or something pretty close. But yeah, it was very clear that he preferred Schaub be the guy and wasn't jumping on the keenum train just yet.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #60
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Dre is done with schaub. You can figure that out just reading between the lines on what Dre is saying. You can see it when stephen a smith was clowning schaub in front of dre's face when dre did a segment on first take.

Dre is done with schaub and so are a lot of players who just dont want to admit it publicly. If fans who dont really have any real stake in the team is fed up with schaub, what do you think about players who put their lives on the line, who put in the work relentlessly, who actually have real stakes on the line?

They maybe towing the company line but you can bet more than a few feel the same way about schaub.
I agree just based on how the team played with Keenum under center.

Even though they lost, it appeared to me that they were playing with a passion that we have not seen in the first 6 games, comeback wins included.

Nobody can tell me that they "believe" in a gimpy QB that just set an NFL record with pick 6's. Company line aside, it's just not human nature to want to keep an obvious weak link that is hurting the cause.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read