Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, you know damn well the media wasn't letting them get away with a simple ass response like that...Especially since i'm sure they had to field multiple questions about him...

& most of the time in those situations, players aren't going to **** on a player they just played, even he did suck.... unless they don't like him....It's usually players that aren't playing anymore (Derrick Ward) or players from other teams who come with the negative stuff.

I liken it to when Schaub got injured and a few cheered a few weeks back..... that's all you heard & seen the players talking about & it made them look like they were whinning......but it was really all the media asked them about & made it seem bigger & more negative than it actually was....I'm sure there was a little bit of that going on here as well.

Nevertheless, there are 52 guys on the other team...it's not that hard to find someone to say something good or bad about a situation.....if you're really trying to look anyway.
LOL, Look at all the hurdles you have to jump over just to dispel these comments. Why?
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LOL, Look at all the hurdles you have to jump over just to dispel these comments. Why?
It's not "hurdles" I'm simply saying that i don't put alot of stock into what alot of these players say is all.

Hell, earlier in the year Andre said that schaub "had a different look in his eye this year.."

didn't put much into that either....players go to bat for players...unless of course they don't like them.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not "hurdles" I'm simply saying that i don't put alot of stock into what alot of these players say is all.

Hell, earlier in the year Andre said that schaub "had a different look in his eye this year.."

didn't put much into that either....players go to bat for players...unless of course they don't like them.
Complete B.S. Let's look deeper into these comments as they are much more than "had a different look in his eye"

Quote:
“I told y'all Keenum can play,” Demps said. “He's gonna be good ... he's got good composure. He's like a fourth-year guy as a rookie. That's very rare.”
These are not the comments of somebody just going to bat for a opposing player or someone who's just trying to "be polite" or is held up by the local media and is being squeezed for a response.

In order for Demps to say "I told you so".. he obviously had to already believe in what he said.. long before the media ever pressed him for a response. Then he went on to talk about his composure, how he played like a vet, and how rare that is. So no, these aren't just ho hum "he played well" comments from a player who's just looking to shrug off a reporter while he's on his way to the locker room.
Old 10-21-2013   #24
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Complete B.S. Let's look deeper into these comments as they are much more than "had a different look in his eye"

These are not the comments of somebody just going to bat for a opposing player or someone who's just trying to "be polite" or is held up by the local media and is being squeezed for a response.

In order for Demps to say "I told you so".. he obviously had to already believe in what he said.. long before the media ever pressed him for a response. Then he went on to talk about his composure, how he played like a vet, and how rare that is. So no, these aren't just ho hum "he played well" comments from a player who's just looking to shrug off a reporter while he's on his way to the locker room.
Carr Bombed,

It's kind of fruitless to argue. Some people will not give credit where credit is due, no matter how plain it is.

Did Keenum make mistakes? Yes. Does he have a lot of room for improvement? Yes. But he played darn well, enough in my mind to earn not only another start, but enough to earn the respect of the opponent. You're right, this is not just political correctness talking. But, we're not supposed to believe them, because they're just saying something nice. Ridiculous.

Why don't we compare how Keenum did in his first start with Andrew Luck's first start, last year in Chicago against the Bears? I think you'll find that Keenum did much better, and I would imagine that Bears defense, although tough, was no better than the defense Keenum went up against yesterday.

No one is saying Keenum will be the next Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or even Luck. What we are saying is that he earned another shot.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #25
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jesus christ..

I won't be all in on Keenum until i see at least 2-3 more games of him. & no amount of player interviews, messageboard armchair qbs & coaches or talk radio hosts are going to convince me to believe or think something about him otherwise...sorry.

you're entitled to read into whatever you want to as much as i am allowed to not do it...why is that so hard for you to come to grips with?
Old 10-21-2013   #26
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

you're entitled to read into whatever you want to as much as i am allowed to not do it...why is that so hard for you to come to grips with?
He has an aurora. Open and shut case!
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #27
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Another moral victory thread. Nothing against Case but as a fan base we should expect more out of our teams.
Old 10-21-2013   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jesus christ..

I won't be all in on Keenum until i see at least 2-3 more games of him. & no amount of player interviews, messageboard armchair qbs & coaches or talk radio hosts are going to convince me to believe or think something about him otherwise...sorry.
So you admit that the reason why you're dispelling these comments from opposing players is entirely due to the fact that you personally "aren't sold", "convinced", and haven't "seen enough". It has nothing to do with what they actually said or why (like just trying to be polite) they said it,..

Because you're not "sold yet" means everything anybody else says doesn't mean anything.

Well at least you're honest.
Old 10-21-2013   #29
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Another moral victory thread. Nothing against Case but as a fan base we should expect more out of our teams.
This isn't a moral victory thread.. and the fan base does expect more out of our team, which is why the fan base is rooting for change and the success of a new QB which represents change, that is literally us expecting more.

I mean it's not like just because people on the opposing team had something positive to say about a first time starter means Texan fans are happy with losing (I'm still mad about yesterday and our 2-5 record), so how is this a moral victory thread? The fan base isn't the problem here.
Old 10-21-2013   #30
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you admit that the reason why you're dispelling these comments from opposing players is entirely due to the fact that you personally "aren't sold", "convinced", and haven't "seen enough". It has nothing to do with what they actually said or why (like just trying to be polite) they said it,..

Because you're not "sold yet" means everything anybody else says doesn't mean anything.

Well at least you're honest.

don't put words in my mouth...i never said it didn't mean anything...i just said i don't put much stock into it.

& What's to admit? my stance on him has been the same since before he was announced the starter. the only disagreement i have with many of you in here is that i thought we should've waited until the season was clearly over before we gave him his shot...which going by how this season is going, that'll probably be in 2 weeks.

It's you guys who act like some of us don't have the right to be (at least me anyway) cautiously optimistic...in other words stand back & objectively look at things....we get labeled haters b/c we haven't gone all in after 1 game...in your case after 1 damn quarter...
Old 10-21-2013   #31
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
don't put words in my mouth...i never said it didn't mean anything...i just said i don't put much stock into it.

& What's to admit? my stance on him has been the same since before he was announced the starter. the only disagreement i have with many of you in here is that i thought we should've waited until the season was clearly over before we gave him his shot...which going by how this season is going, that'll probably be in 2 weeks.

It's you guys who act like some of us don't have the right to be (at least me anyway) cautiously optimistic...in other words stand back & objectively look at things....we get labeled haters b/c we haven't gone all in after 1 game...in your case after 1 damn quarter...
Well apparently by your comments this is way more than "players just being held up by the media and wanting to be polite to a guy they don't dislike"

As far as waiting for the season being over.. the season was clearly over before it even started. It was clearly over last year when Schaub regressed and went into his nose dive and choked away a opportunity at HFA and the number 1 seed in the AFC. Even objective people can recognize that.. That's why it only took 1 damn quarter to see the writing on the wall.
Old 10-21-2013   #32
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
He has an aurora. Open and shut case!
Who cares what kind of car he drives?

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #33
BleedsRocketRed
Open the Roof!

Rep Power: 0 BleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Case Keenum earns Chiefs' D respect

Doh
Old 10-21-2013   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Case Keenum earns Chiefs' D respect

It was already posted... apparently the chief players didn't really mean what they said and were just being polite, because they don't dislike the player.
Old 10-21-2013   #35
BleedsRocketRed
Open the Roof!

Rep Power: 0 BleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum earns Chiefs' D respect

Quote:
It was already posted... apparently the chief players didn't really mean what they said and were just being polite, because they don't dislike the player.
Yep, just found it right after I hit post.

Doh!
Old 10-22-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The fact that there was a chance he could have been on the PS, how do you bring Kubiak back next year? Icing on the cake for the countless dumb stuff Kubiak has done. The bane of my enjoyment for the Texans.
What makes you think Kubiak was going to waive him this season? Everything I've seen since they extended Schaub says they believed Keenum to be our starting QB in 2014.

Quote:
I stand by my statement. They gave Schaub a more than fair contract when you can get equal or better play from your third stringer.

This organization does not make good decisions and I'm sure I don't have to explain.
There are 7 QBs with $100M contracts. None of them are Matt Schaub. He's making good money as a starter & before 2013, he was a good starter.

I liked the QB plan for this season. Given that Matt Schaub had an offseason to get healthy I thought it was safe to assume we'd get somewhere around 10 games before his LisFranc would have been an issue.... 8 at the least. Keenum obviously passed whatever test there was, so I thought the plan was to get him ready to be the #2 around the bye week. Until then, Tj is the #2.

If Matt's foot becomes a problem after week 8-10..... Keenum comes in finishes off the season & starts 2014 as the starter. Matt most likely felt he was being pushed all along & that's what led to his performance to date.
Old 10-22-2013   #37
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fact that there was a chance he could have been on the PS, how do you bring Kubiak back next year? Icing on the cake for the countless dumb stuff Kubiak has done. The bane of my enjoyment for the Texans.
If you can point us to any post you made prior to the 2012 draft stating your belief in Keenum, and that he should've been drafted, then you'll have a modicum of clout. Otherwise...
Old 10-22-2013   #38
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
If you can point us to any post you made prior to the 2012 draft stating your belief in Keenum, and that he should've been drafted, then you'll have a modicum of clout. Otherwise...
Plenty of people here thought he was a legitimate NFL prospect. Click Search, keyword Keenum, filter a year and older. Put in a user name if you like. Scroll to the bottom of the results.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sea...archid=1778896
Old 10-22-2013   #39
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
I called it even better than Keenum.

Quote:
Quote:
I wish we would pick up Russell Wilson QB from Wisconsin late in the draft. The kid seems smart and is very mobile while throwing strong. I think he'll be like Brees. Keep Schaub one more year, then let TJ and Russell duel it out.
http://boards.houstontexans.com/show...son#post517258

Posted 3-14-12. Man, was I right or was I right?
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I called it even better than Keenum.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/show...son#post517258

Posted 3-14-12. Man, was I right or was I right?
Big deal; I wanted the Texans to take both Wilson and Keenum so that one can be the insurance policy for the other in case of injury.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read