Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who deserves more blame for the loss?
Keenum 1 1.69%
Oline 58 98.31%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2013   #21
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who deserves more blame for the loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Offensive line is a complete joke, and ultimately that goes back to Kubiak and that joker Rick Smith.

Kubiak logic: Play empty sets when it is obvious Kansas City is blitzing.
That same type of play resulted in a blitz beater earlier when Posey took a quick slant 40 yards ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #22
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Both options are crap. This game came down to 3rd downs on both sides of the ball. The defense stiffened in the 2nd half, but still gave up three long drives and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and put the offense back out there. On offense, they converted 3rd downs early, but failed to do it in the 2nd half. It's combination of OL, QB, no running game, and no one getting open on those blitzes. You saw AJ get open on a hot read in the first half, but no one did that in the 2nd. A lot of the team failures that have been there all along showed up today, in part because the QB play didn't overshadow them so much. All 53 of them have work to do.
Old 10-20-2013   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Both options are crap. This game came down to 3rd downs on both sides of the ball. The defense stiffened in the 2nd half, but still gave up three long drives and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and put the offense back out there. On offense, they converted 3rd downs early, but failed to do it in the 2nd half. It's combination of OL, QB, no running game, and no one getting open on those blitzes. You saw AJ get open on a hot read in the first half, but no one did that in the 2nd. A lot of the team failures that have been there all along showed up today, in part because the QB play didn't overshadow them so much. All 53 of them have work to do.
I agree .... I thought the coaches called a pretty solid game and had an excellent gameplan in place for Keenum. Then you take away the running game , playing from behind against a very good defense .... You get what we saw at the end of the game.

I'd like to throw a big heap of the blame on the coverage teams. They allowed a 57-yard kickoff return and a 26-yard punt return ....

Old 10-20-2013   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Until Coach Joe is fired I'm going to blame losses on Gary.

To win most games you've got to win 2 out of 3 phases of a game. Coach Joe spots the other team the St's phase of the game every week. That means the Texans have to win on offense/defense every week. They aren't good enough on offense to win that phase of the game consistently, which explains why the Texans are 2-5.

I learned the 3 phases of the game concept listening to Bud Grant and Jimmy Johnson.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I agree .... I thought the coaches called a pretty solid game and had an excellent gameplan in place for Keenum. Then you take away the running game , playing from behind against a very good defense .... You get what we saw at the end of the game.

I'd like to throw a big heap of the blame on the coverage teams. They allowed a 57-yard kickoff return and a 26-yard punt return ....
That would be true for the last 12 years. For the life of me I can't figure out why Marciano is still on the Texans coaching staff, in any capacity.
Old 10-20-2013   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Until Coach Joe is fired I'm going to blame losses on Gary.

To win most games you've got to win 2 out of 3 phases of a game. Coach Joe spots the other team the St's phase of the game every week. That means the Texans have to win on offense/defense every week. They aren't good enough on offense to win that phase of the game consistently, which explains why the Texans are 2-5.
I learned the 3 phases of the game concept listening to Bud Grant and Jimmy Johnson.
Are you suggesting that the Texans D is playing stellar football? The defense has been as big a problem as any other during this losing streak. Losing Cushing will only make it worse.
Old 10-20-2013   #27
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum would probably be near the bottom on the list of people I blame for the loss.

O-line and defense would be at the top...
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Are you suggesting that the Texans D is playing stellar football? The defense has been as big a problem as any other during this losing streak. Losing Cushing will only make it worse.
San Diego- They played better than the S.D. defense did
Houston > Tack defense
Houston = or > than Ravens defense
Houston > Seahawk defense
Houston < SF defense
Houston < Rams defense. Although a ST's fumble/Int TD's certianly didn't help
Houston = K.C. Defense minus Cushing.

So overall I would say the Texans defense has held up their end of the bargain. How many games have the ST's/Offense outplayed the opposing ST's/Offense this yr?

Agreed, I'm afraid that the defense will turn into the end of last yrs defense without Cushing. Mitchell just isn't good enough to hold up against double teams against the run.
Old 10-21-2013   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame Keenum he didn't score enough points to win the game he didn't go through his reeds on a lot of plays

I noticed during the 4th quarter when they were blitzing u gotta scramble and get the ball out of your hands fast
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #30
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
San Diego- They played better than the S.D. defense did
Houston > Tack defense
Houston = or > than Ravens defense
Houston > Seahawk defense
Houston < SF defense
Houston < Rams defense. Although a ST's fumble/Int TD's certianly didn't help
Houston = K.C. Defense minus Cushing.

So overall I would say the Texans defense has held up their end of the bargain. How many games have the ST's/Offense outplayed the opposing ST's/Offense this yr?

Agreed, I'm afraid that the defense will turn into the end of last yrs defense without Cushing. Mitchell just isn't good enough to hold up against double teams against the run.
Put down the crack pipe, hand. 2-5 suggests you are terribly wrong. PF/PA tell much more than YPG on a stat line. Get off the old NFL stats line and get with the program on much more advanced stats. Those show the Texans for what they are: ****ty on defense. Especially that scoring part that really matters.
Old 10-21-2013   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Put down the crack pipe, hand. 2-5 suggests you are terribly wrong. PF/PA tell much more than YPG on a stat line. Get off the old NFL stats line and get with the program on much more advanced stats. Those show the Texans for what they are: ****ty on defense. Especially that scoring part that really matters.
Well I'm not sure what the PF/PA is nor did I state ypg in my post. But I will say PF/PA are scewed when you consider a pick 6 is now referred to as Schaub. How many Ints did Schaub set up other teams for easy scores in addition to his 4 game pick 6 streak?

How many scores have been set up by poor ST's play, or directly given up a TD by the ST's? Not saying the defense is perfect but they are the least of this teams problems.
Old 10-21-2013   #32
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

really the blame was they couldn't run the ball anymore and everyoned was gettin f'd up
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #33
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

In reality i blame Kubiak for the Loss, the Pistol is ok to run every now and then, but it does not play to our strengths plus it puts the RB even further behind the LOS, and that doesnt help especially when tate is all you have.

Keenum can work out of center, he did it all pre season and looked fine. I think Kubiak may have been trying to play to Keenums strengths to much that he took away from what we do well.

Will say it didnt help we had no healthy RBs, were Missing O.D and we have Derek Letembye over there on the right side of the line, still though Kubiak went a little overboard trying to make this offense like the UH offense, when i think Keenum can run what we usually run and be just fine.
Old 10-21-2013   #34
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Even though the score doesn't indicate it,but the defense is bad again. I mean ninja,mitchell,reed,mayes,sharpton,mccain are killing the team. There is a reason besides talent why hali and houston can get pressure from the outside. Poe,devito,and jackson,but mostly poe controls the middles which means the qb can't step up. So now the olbs got a 2 way go no matter how mobile the qb is. Of course the texans missed it again with john jenkins,hankins,williams, and a slew of other big nts sitting there. Hell, kwame geathers who backed up jenkins at georgia went undrafted but is playing well. If you get bigger on the line,then the lbs can just scrape and clean up plays vs having to always get of full blocks and make plays.
Old 10-21-2013   #35
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep ^ What he said.

Nothing wrong with giving up 90+ yard drives in multiple games?

When is the last time we stopped a third and fifteen + ?

Old 10-21-2013   #36
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Yep ^ What he said.

The other thing people aren't considering is that we haven't even played a great offensive team yet....the best offense we've played this year has been SF and they haven't been as explosive this year as they were last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #37
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Yep ^ What he said.

FFS how do you give up a 3rd and 21 .... when you have the defense dialed up to stop the play they run?!?

Old 10-21-2013   #38
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I thought the team played better overall than they had been playing. My standards are low for now. I am upset we lost, but pleased with a lot of what I saw.
Agreed.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #39
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Not voting, there are many more factors on the Texans for this loss than just Keenum/Oline. One of which shouldn't even be on there, you might as well make a thread saying "the oline deserves the blame for the loss".
Old 10-21-2013   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone.

I continue to wonder if the QB in Kubiaks scheme is even allowed to read if there's a blitz or not. I mean, when there's 4 guys standing over your G and T....you might see a blitz. No adjustments, no calls on the oline, just run the play as Kubiak calls

Newton stinks, but he ran his man out the back end on the sack/fumble. Keenum needed to get rid of the ball

In the end, I'm saddened by the fact we'll be seeing status quo until the end of next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read