Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who deserves more blame for the loss?
Keenum 1 1.69%
Oline 58 98.31%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2013   #1
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who deserves more blame for the loss

I think the answer is obvious. No QB has much of a chance so long as Newton and Smith are starters..

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who deserves more blame for the loss

nahh I think the QB cant take some blame why not I say the hole teams is to blame
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #3
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Where is the Kubiak option?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus people, no one is blaming Keenum for the loss. Saying that he played ok is not saying that we should take him out back and shot.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #5
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35666 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

The refs
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #6
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Derek newton, the guy is a joke and should be let go
Old 10-20-2013   #7
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Kansas City? There is a reason they are 7-0.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #8
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

The options are rather limited. I chose the o-line simply because coaching wasn't an option.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

The o-line has sucked all year...this didnt just start with keenum....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Yep. Before I knew the options I was going to hit Kubiak in this poll.

Anybody that votes Keenum on this poll might have watched the game, but certainly didn't see what 90% of the rest of us saw.

Lord Bills, great post.
Old 10-20-2013   #11
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Offensive line is a complete joke, and ultimately that goes back to Kubiak and that joker Rick Smith.

Kubiak logic: Play empty sets when it is obvious Kansas City is blitzing.
Old 10-20-2013   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's on me
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #13
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

We couldn't run the ball at all.
ljhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's on Quessenberry for getting injured.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the team played better overall than they had been playing. My standards are low for now. I am upset we lost, but pleased with a lot of what I saw.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #16
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I think the answer is obvious. No QB has much of a chance so long as Newton and Smith are starters..
Please ask the mods to add 3. Coaching and 4. Defense to your poll and rezero the votes.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #17
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
EXACTLY 1st and goal at one RUN RUN PASS
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #18
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

How about whole brain trust OwnerGM/Coaches
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Gary Kubiak.

-never adjusted to the constant blitzing by the defense. No screen pass, no short hot routes, no draw plays, and totally went away from our regular play calling. Those were not the same plays that schaub was using.

-not activating cierre woods

-conservative play calling was evident throughout the game. The baffling conservative call right before the half, running then suddenly throwing. Mind boggling.

Defense

-Joe Mays and Ed Reed is killing us. Ed Reed missing tackles, penalties, joe mays just looks lost out there.

-couldnt stop the chiefs even though they were on 3rd and long. No inside presence. It was never addressed in the draft. Instead they burn picks on two outside linebackers that we didnt need. We needed ILBs and DT help but was never addressed.

Special teams

-what is it gonna take to fire Joe Marciano? Horrible coverage.
Pretty good post. AT least you didn't mention audibles.

Joe Mays has looked pretty OK to me. I don't understand the hate some have for him.

I don't think Kubiak was overly conservative. I think he made calls we aren't used to based on Case's strengths. They are much different than Schaub's because they include a strong arm, mobility and a desire to remain upright instead of assuming the fetal position at the slightest hint of pressure. That explains why the play calls were different.

The reason they didn't call more screens or draws is because Tate was/is very banged up (broken ribs?) and Foster was out with a hammy. WR screens can very easily become a pick 6 in tight man coverage, like KC played all day.

Wade/players aren't doing a very good job of disguising coverages/blitzes. The D, as a whole, are pretty bad right now. There appears to be no option but Watt for a consistent pass rush and the constant blitzing is leaving gaping holes for RB's that can reach the 2nd level.

Ed Reed needs a clipboard in his hand and a ball cap on his head. If we're going to pay him for his experience, let it be by going over film and sideline picks with Keo(I can't believe I typed that) and DJ. Reed is a complete liability on the field.

Marciano should be ran out of Texas on a rail. He's outlived his contributions by a decade or so. The towel boy could do as much as he's doing.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course ATX is the only person to vote for Keenum. He thinks VY is better lol.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read