Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2013   #141
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We arent out of it yet...

I just feel like losing Cushing is a bigger blow than we can overcome when we are already 2-5 & Indy is ballin'. My opinion, the rest of this season is about whether Keenum is next year's starter, or somebody else that is not on this team yet. In that vein, I'll just say that I will no longer get upset about losses as long as Keenum is not the reason for them. We don't totally suck, but this season is toast.

BTW, if Schaub starts one more time, unless it is because Keenum has had plenty of opportunity and completely blown it, I join the fire Kubiak crowd.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #142
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Since TKyss phrased it this way, I'll just continue - I do not think it's not unreasonable (HA! Triple negative!) to beat the Colts. It's unreasonable to think they will, actually. Hope springs eternal, of course, and I have more of that now than I did two weeks ago, but the Colts are for real, despite TKyss' refusal to acknowledge Luck's mastery of the position.
Old 10-24-2013   #143
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I just feel like losing Cushing is a bigger blow than we can overcome ...
And then there's this.
Old 10-24-2013   #144
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I just feel like losing Cushing is a bigger blow than we can overcome
I'm hoping if we don't talk about it, it never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
...but the Colts are for real, despite TKyss' refusal to acknowledge Luck's mastery of the position.

I do not deny that the Colts are for real... in fact they look more like the Super Bowl Patriots than the Bradies.... y'know, when their QB was clutch as hell, but his biggest contribution to the team was not screwing up.

Yes, Tom Brady turned into a great QB, but very little from that time pointed to him becoming such.
Old 10-25-2013   #145
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Since TKyss phrased it this way, I'll just continue - I do not think it's not unreasonable (HA! Triple negative!) to beat the Colts. It's unreasonable to think they will, actually. Hope springs eternal, of course, and I have more of that now than I did two weeks ago, but the Colts are for real, despite TKyss' refusal to acknowledge Luck's mastery of the position.
yep.

Unreasonable is defined as "not guided by or based on good sense".

And while I never want to rain on anyone's parade, the reality is that the Texans are playing like a 2-5 team right now. Add to this the very significant injuries involved, and the probability that the 2013 Texans can somehow rise above themselves to only lose one more game this season is about as improbable as it gets.

I would love for it to happen, of course. I'm not rooting for them to tank to get a high pick and lose Kubiak (although I would see those as silver linings to an abysmal season). But, I'm a very pragmatic person and the reality is that this year's version of the Texans sucks about as bad as the 2005 version.
Old 10-25-2013   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
...the reality is that the Texans are playing like a 2-5 team right now.

But, I'm a very pragmatic person and the reality is that this year's version of the Texans sucks about as bad as the 2005 version.
I'm not denying any of that.

There are some pretty big ifs in my hope. & that's all it is right now, unfounded hope. Not a prediction, not a guarantee.

Unfounded, fanatical hope.
Old 10-25-2013   #147
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not denying any of that.

There are some pretty big ifs in my hope. & that's all it is right now, unfounded hope. Not a prediction, not a guarantee.

Unfounded, fanatical hope.
There are a couple of things I'm still hopeful about.

1. Win enough games to prove we aren't completely dead. At least take both games from the Jags for gods sake.
2. Keenum does well and becomes our starter.
3. Kubiak gone. gone. gone.

After that it becomes more wishful thinking than hopeful.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2013   #148
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
2. Keenum does well and becomes our starter.
3. Kubiak gone. gone. gone.
These two together are extremely unlikely. If Kubiak is fired it will be because McNair comes to the conclusion the team outside of QB is better than Kubiak. He'll let a new HC pick his solution at QB.
Old 10-25-2013   #149
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
These two together are extremely unlikely. If Kubiak is fired it will be because McNair comes to the conclusion the team outside of QB is better than Kubiak. He'll let a new HC pick his solution at QB.
True. But in my little fantasy world Keenum sets the world on fire AND Kubiak gets fired.

Old 10-25-2013   #150
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. IMO the only hope Keenum has of being the starter through next year is if Kubiak stays.

I like Keenum, but would rather take a shot at some of these QBs coming out like Mariota, Hundley, ect.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #151
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree. Kubiak's ouster is unlikely. A new coach would, without any doubt, choose Keenum from among those we have now. Case needs to wrap up the ball when he's about to be sacked, but that's something he can learn. He already reads a defense better than the other 2, and avoids throwing to a defender when they have anticipated the play and are hovering there waiting to pick the ball off.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013   #152
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There are a couple of things I'm still hopeful about.

1. Win enough games to prove we aren't completely dead. At least take both games from the Jags for gods sake.
Ouch. I just stubbed my toe on the bar. It was so low I didn't see it.
Old 10-25-2013   #153
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Ouch. I just stubbed my toe on the bar. It was so low I didn't see it.
Hey, at least we aren't going to lose a game this weekend.

Old 10-25-2013   #154
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, at least we aren't going to lose a game this weekend.
Meh - Vegas has us as 3 point underdogs vs the Bye. We could still lose.
Old 10-26-2013   #155
CeeQue
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respectedCeeQue is a quality contributor and well respected

Season is over... The window for a Super Bowl team has closed. We'll be an average team until we can get a stellar QB.
CeeQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013   #156
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Things will look better after we win the next 4.
Old 10-26-2013   #157
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Things will look better after we win the next 4.
Granted.
Old 10-27-2013   #158
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's assume we beat Indy coming out of the bye: 3-5

We then have then have the Cardinals, Raiders, Jags, Pats, and then the Jags again: The Pats looks beatable and there isn't another game in that stretch that we should lose. Let's be realistic and assume we lose to the Pats and win the others: 7-6

That leaves the last 3 games against Indy, Denver, and the Tacks. Winning any two of those games could get us into the play offs under certain circumstances. In other words, we aren't really done yet.

Then again, it's all over if Indy wins next week. You might say its....THE BIGGEST GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2013   #159
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Then again, it's all over if Indy wins next week. You might say its....THE BIGGEST GAME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!!!!

Oh lord
Old 10-28-2013   #160
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just noticed that 4 of 5 of our next games will be at home!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read