Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #121
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We arent out of it yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
This. Until the team gets its 7th loss, I'll keep hope alive. Highly unlikely, but you never know.
All we have to do is go undefeated in our division (Ind, Jac, @Jac, @Ind, and @Ten), beat the Cardinals or the Raiders and we are 8-8....

Colts lose to Us both times, the Chiefs, the Bengals, and once to Ten or Jac, hope Ten implodes again and we are in the playoffs!

i just made me sad
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #122
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

[Barbecue pit with a pig on a spit rolls down a hill. Homer and Bart give chase until the pit hits a wall and the pig falls into a river]

Homer: it's just a little wet! It's still good! It's still good.

[pig goes into a storm drain pipe and half of it is sticking out of the other end]

Homer: It's just a little slimy! It's still good! It's still good!

[water pressure fires the pig from the pipe and into the distance]

Homer: It's just a little airborne! It's still good! It's still good.

Bart: It's gone...

Homer: (defeated) I know.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #123
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59976 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
[Barbecue pit with a pig on a spit rolls down a hill. Homer and Bart give chase until the pit hits a wall and the pig falls into a river]

[pig goes into a storm drain pipe and half of it is sticking out of the other end]

God I love that episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS22oyOhHuo

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #124
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its not over till u get that 7th loss ... end of story intill then all we can do is hope
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #125
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

Only post you've ever made that I've actually liked. This really is bizarro-season.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #126
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 1294 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

reggie wayne injury and keenum continuing to play will save our season.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #127
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

im feeling it too.

win colts home
jags x2
one of denver,new england
tennessee
oakland
arizona

san diego has a tough schedule.
the jets flame out.

9-7 and we have a shot at last wild card.

ill stop dreaming if we lose to indy in 2 weeks.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2013   #128
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's when legends are made.

That's the truth. The only way this team finishes the season 10-6 or even 11-5 is if Case Keenum will make up for all the holes this team has. He would basically have to turn into a elite QB. It is possible surely but highly unlikely. It would be something similar to what Kaepernick did (although he didn't have to dig his team out of a hole) or what RG3 did when he dug his team out of a hole. He'd have to have a MVP season.

A great QB can have that much effect. That's why I don't think there is any chance Kubes starts Schaub, Keenum the unknown is the only chance this team has now. Him being a QB and making up for the teams poor Oline and inconsistent defense is the only way.
Old 10-23-2013   #129
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I hadn't been on the site all day and saw this thread and forgot it had been around for a couple of days, and forgot what it was about.

When I saw it I thought "you're damn right we're not out of it it yet,we have 9 more games to suffer through until the end of this travesty, man that's a lot of crappy football".

I hope for the best but plan for the worst for 2013.......
Old 10-23-2013   #130
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Schaub will not start over Keenum. The people who run the Texans - the marketing department - wouldn't stand for it.
Disagree.
Why would the Marketing Dept. pass up an excellent chance to sell a boatload of Keenum jerseys??

It ain't like they're gonna sell many more Schaub jerseys.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #131
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Disagree.
Why would the Marketing Dept. pass up an excellent chance to sell a boatload of Keenum jerseys??

I thought that's what I said.
Old 10-23-2013   #132
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just so people can burn them ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #133
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought that's what I said.
Apologies sir. I mis-read your post.
Old 10-23-2013   #134
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apologies sir. I mis-read your post.
Please excuse the double negative in the post.
Old 10-23-2013   #135
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Schaub will not start over Keenum. The people who run the Texans - the marketing department - wouldn't stand for it.
The Texans' Mktg Dept....

...roughly two weeks ago.

Old 10-23-2013   #136
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
How do you NOT!? It also contained the exchange:

[Lisa drives lawnmower and uses it to propell barbecue pit down the street]

Marge: Bart NOOOO!

Bart: What? I'm right here.

Marge: Sorry force of habit.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #137
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
All we have to do is go undefeated in our division (Ind, Jac, @Jac, @Ind, and @Ten), beat the Cardinals or the Raiders and we are 8-8....

Colts lose to Us both times, the Chiefs, the Bengals, and once to Ten or Jac, hope Ten implodes again and we are in the playoffs!

i just made me sad

LOL... the river is starting to flow. It does look bleak. Even for a wild card, we're likely only going to be able to get away with two more loss at most. And none of those should come from the division if we are to have a shot. If we can't beat the Jags, heaven help us. Tennessee has to be over come by division and overall. In either scenario, it's looking for SURE that the week 9 Indy game is where the fulcrum lies in terms of what's already a long shot.

Week 9's outcome will be either a launch pad of the most improbable come back in the NFL for eons, or where you can absolutely put a fork in the team.

I'll be absolutely shocked to see a W given the current state of dissaray, but
I've held out this long, so... I gotta see it through week 9. Go Texans!
Old 10-24-2013   #138
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I'll be absolutely shocked to see a W given the current state of dissaray, but I've held out this long, so... I gotta see it through week 9. Go Texans!
There's a huge difference between hoping for a win and expecting a win, or even a decent game. I'm always hoping for a win, but usually expecting something else. But for the Indy game on Sunday night, that would be just frigging fantastic to beat the Dolts and Luck in front of everyone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013   #139
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can give the same effort they showed at Kansas City I'm confident they'll beat the Colts on November 3. I thought they played hard for a full 60 minutes for the first time this season.

That would be two weeks for Arian Foster and Ben Tate to be healthy again. All we really lacked against the Chiefs was a run game. We barely lost 17-16 on the road against an undefeated team.

One game at a time is all I'm focusing on. So that November 3 Sunday Night game is going to be huge. Pretty much our season on the line. It's a must-win game. If we lose that one then you can say the season is over.
Old 10-24-2013   #140
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It's not unreasonable to think the Texans can win the next 4.

Lose to NE

Then win the 4 after that.

It's only 10-6, but we'd be going into the play-offs with more momentum than we did last year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read