Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #21
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We arent out of it yet...

Oh and seriously...what would be better for the franchise? Squeaking into the playoffs at say 9-7 (I realize that it's possible to get hot like the Ravens did last year but does anyone actually think this team can do that?) Or a complete collapse that gets us a new regime and higher draft picks?

I vote for the collapse...we have talent and could rebound quickly if we dump Kubiak.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #22
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Oh and seriously...what would be better for the franchise? Squeaking into the playoffs at say 9-7 (I realize that it's possible to get hot like the Ravens did last year but does anyone actually think this team can do that?) Or a complete collapse that gets us a new regime and higher draft picks?

I vote for the collapse...we have talent and could rebound quickly if we dump Kubiak.
No doubt about it, squeaking into the playoffs.

It's not like there isn't a recent history of teams doing just that and riding their way into the superbowl.

The NFL draft is a crapshoot, you don't need high picks to draft elite talent.
Old 10-20-2013   #23
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 3178 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

For all practical purposes we are indeed out of it. This game was the last gasp of hope. But at least we discovered a QB who will develop into a winner for years to come.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #24
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I prefer to win games, and for Keenum to be a sure thing going into next season (likely if he played well enough to finish 7-2 behind this oline) over drafting a QB and praying.
Old 10-20-2013   #25
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak needs to be fired. THAT is the top priority. I'm all for losses if that is what it takes to finally get rid of him.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #26
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok so we have lost 5 games in a row, and we are 2-5. We have the bye week coming up.

We may not win the division but i believe we can still make it as a wild card. And even though we lost today, i saw something i havent seen this whole season. The desire to win, the belief that they could win. I even saw emotion from AJ which is a rare accurance.

So why do people say the season is lost ? We are 2-5, the season is far from over. I'm willing to bet that we finish the season at 10-6 or 9-7. I know some of you the sky is falling people are already planning trips in January, but i'm not cause we will be in the play-offs !!!
its over
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the season isn't over guz we still have to play the games but yeahhhh ...its just a drag so far
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #28
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

we would have to go 8-1 to have a real chance, or win the division. with 5 division games left, we certainly do still have an opportunity to play ourselves back into it. if we can beat the colts, we have the cards and raiders which may be a good way to jump start the second half. we also have the bye coming at a good time.

of course it's going to be next to impossible, but we went 11-1 last season so we still have a lloyd christmas type chance.
Old 10-20-2013   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Seasons done. ESP,when we are all talking about moral victories and we still are getting a "L" in the column

(Just a random thought after reading a multiple threads)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #30
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

For AJs sake i hope we squeek into the play offs, this guy dont have many years left, dont want to waste the talent we have now to get more talent that is unproven and no gurantee.
Old 10-20-2013   #31
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 440 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

we need peyton to beat the colts tonight. we havent played the colts or jaguars yet. titans we already beat.

i feel good about our chances considering what i saw from keenum out there today.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #32
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

If this team could learn to get out of it's own way, there's a chance they can win. If they could learn to do that for 9 weeks, there's a good chance.

Trouble is, they've yet to show they can.
Old 10-20-2013   #33
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
If this team could learn to get out of it's own way, there's a chance they can win. If they could learn to do that for 9 weeks, there's a good chance.

If the injury bug ahdnt hit us like a zombie outbreak we would of won today, no run game really killed us.
Old 10-20-2013   #34
ljhog
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respectedljhog is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans are done for the year. Today was a perfect example of why. Couldn't run the ball. Couldn't stop the run. Gave up 5 sacks and had only one of their own. Lucky to have only lost by 1.
ljhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #35
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post

Bigger problem is the Colts.

If the Colts can beat Denver and Seattle it's safe to assume that they won't lose many more games for the rest of the season.

Good thing they have us twice and the Titans twice, games that are always tough are those divisional games.

Also the Jags are good for one win against one of us...it'll be one of those games where it'll be their superbowl and everything goes right...it's very hard for a team to go 0-16 and if the Jags are going to win a game it'll be against a divisional rival.

this is all looking far too ahead though, but it is without a doubt over IMO if the Colts win. Either way we can't lose but one game from here on out.
Old 10-20-2013   #36
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhog View Post
Texans are done for the year. Today was a perfect example of why. Couldn't run the ball. Couldn't stop the run. Gave up 5 sacks and had only one of their own. Lucky to have only lost by 1.
And why couldnt we run the ball ?
Old 10-20-2013   #37
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ask the ravens and giants and steelers about squeaking into the playoffs. if we can ride case and a lot of luck into the playoffs, we could do some real damage. i see kubiak's faults same as anyone, but my opinion on him is well known. the thing that will make me change my stance on kubiak is if he decides to put schaub back in. otherwise i believe we need a right tackle and an offensive coordinator who's also a playcaller.
Old 10-20-2013   #38
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think it's a glass 1.3% full guy, in this instance.
LOL!!!!!

You know technically there's always that little bit in the bottom of the cup you can never get out, probably 1.4%...... That would make sense for us.
Old 10-20-2013   #39
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Lose the word "far" and I'm with you. It's close to over, but it's not there yet. Cushing's down, Foster is gimpy, the OL is doing their best '02 Texans impersonation, and the defense gives up a 90+ yard TD drive every single game. Not over yet, but teetering on the edge of the cliff, for sure.

Keenum gives a little hope. If he can sling it like he did today, get a little help from the rest of the team, and not try to do too much, there's a chance. But the OL and defense have to step up. And Ed Reed has to retire and give back the money he stole.
This. Agreed 100%.

Watching the Texans play today was discouraging. It was a complete trainwreck, and I'm amazed at how well Case played despite the bad blocking, the lack of a run game, etc.
Old 10-20-2013   #40
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
If the injury bug ahdnt hit us like a zombie outbreak we would of won today, no run game really killed us.
yup. 2-5 sucks my friend.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read