Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2013   #181
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We arent out of it yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When has a coach showed less support for his QB?
Looks at Tampa Bay....

...unless the key phrase in your question is "his QB"...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #182
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

We still arent out of it, all we need is an 8 game winning streak haha. The way case has played i thin we could do it, defense needs to tighten up a bit though.
Old 11-06-2013   #183
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We still arent out of it, all we need is an 8 game winning streak haha. The way case has played i thin we could do it, defense needs to tighten up a bit though.
I'll settle for one and worry about the rest of it after we get that one.

Having said that.....

8 games. Ok, so we're 2-6 with Cards, Raiders, and Jags up next. 3 game win streak. Would have been nice to have had that Colts game but it's in the past.

3 wins and we're 5-6 with the Patriots coming to town.

Now say that somehow we put enough together to make it past New England. I've seen stranger things happen. A David Carr led Texans team once took them to overtime here in a season that the Pats won the Super Bowl over Carolina so say we string together those three wins and then get an upset. We're finally at .500 with a 6-6 record.

Next up is Jaguars again. Take care of business and we're 7-6

Then the home stretch looms. Colts, Broncos, and Titans.

Beat Indy at their house? Never done it before. Beat Peyton and the Bronco's here? That's just as close to being a certain loss in my mind as the Colts game in Indy. Titans? Well maybe we could work out a win there.

8-8 finish is the best I can imagine us doing this year. Outside shot at 9-7 if we get an upset in one of the last three games.

The part I find myself most interested in is what the Texans would have to do to put that .500 record together at this point. In my eyes that would make the Keenum-led Texans 6-4 and when taking into account injuries and "The Randy Bullock Experience" closer to 8-2. I genuinely believe that had our running backs not all been hurt on the same day in KC and had Bullock not been retained and allowed to screw up our turnaround we'd be sitting 2-0 since Keenum took over.

That's a bright future with a middle of the round-ish pick in the upcoming draft. I can live with that.
Old 11-08-2013   #184
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Even with Case, this team is not at all good, or capable of pulling off an 8 game winning streak to end the season. We're 0-2 with our new QB by the way. Our offense had a grand total of 9 points in the second half of those two ball games. Granted, the second half of the Colts game could probably atleast partially be attributed to Gary going down at half time, but facts are facts. The defense needs to tighten up a lot, but the offense needs to be better as well.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #185
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gonna be tough to pull off the impossible without Cushing. Here's hoping we make it interesting. Doubt it though. Damn I wish we won last week. Ugh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #186
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are 2-6. They have to triple their success rate in the second half of the season just to reach 8-8.

They are more out of it now than when this thread was started, and they were out of it then.
Old 11-08-2013   #187
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The Texans are 2-6. They have to triple their success rate in the second half of the season just to reach 8-8.

They are more out of it now than when this thread was started, and they were out of it then.
Yep ... 8-8 is what the fans and the Texans were after in 2004 . In 2013 an 8-8 record or fighting to get there , is an epic failure .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2013   #188
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this season is lost, but this is a great opportunity to get Keenum reps and learn the offense. He needs to build a repoire with Hop, AJ, and OD when he gets back. Hopefully Posey or Jean can get reps too and become a legit #3.

Our defense is really going to be the issue here. We need a shot in the arm and I'm not sure benching Reed for Keo is really the answer
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #189
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

And EVEN if we were to somehow miraculously win all of the next 8 games the Colts would have to fall off a cliff. I don't see that happening. The only realistic hope I have for the remainder of this season is that Keenum plays really well and solves our QB issue. This season is finished and it was a collssal dissapointment. Accept it and look forward to next season.
Old 11-08-2013   #190
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I may be in the minority, if the playoffs are out of question, I covet a top 5 draft pick. It's the only consolation I can see from a suck season. I value a higher pick much more than playing spoiler to anyone.

Old 11-08-2013   #191
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I know I may be in the minority, if the playoffs are out of question, I covet a top 5 draft pick. It's the only consolation I can see from a suck season. I value a higher pick much more than playing spoiler to anyone.

Must get into the top 5, and try to secure an additional 1st in order to turn it around by next year. An 8-8 finish places you in the 13-16 range at which point true game changers are off the board. Moral victories are cute, but senseless at this point.
Old 11-08-2013   #192
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Must get into the top 5, and try to secure an additional 1st in order to turn it around by next year. An 8-8 finish places you in the 13-16 range at which point true game changers are off the board. Moral victories are cute, but senseless at this point.
Yeah there are no game changers left at all so I agree with you about losing out.

-DeAndre Hopkins
Old 11-08-2013   #193
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm for draft position as well. Holes all over this team. Draft key to keeping what was a wide open window open.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #194
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I don't think the Texans are gonna even sniff the playoffs this year. But that doesn't keep me from watching the games and hoping for the best. I want so much to see Keenum tear up some serious ass on someone and we win by three touchdowns. Goods QBs and a couple of good receivers can take you all the way if things fall into place correctly. Or in the Texans case, luckily.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #195
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the perspective of "fans of losing", but I will never agree with it.

Did anyone see the Vikings game last night? Those dudes could not care less about a freakin' 2014 draft pick. They were out there fighting like they were still in a race.

Old 11-08-2013   #196
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I understand the perspective of "fans of losing", but I will never agree with it.

Did anyone see the Vikings game last night? Those dudes could not care less about a freakin' 2014 draft pick. They were out there fighting like they were still in a race.

Lol I couldnt help but think the skins looked like the texans
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #197
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Yeah there are no game changers left at all so I agree with you about losing out.

-DeAndre Hopkins
Nice hands, bad speed. Reason he was drafted late 1st.

He ain't no AJ Green, Dez Bryant or Megatron. Those guys are game changers, hell even Dre at his age is more of a game changer than nuuk cmon now.

Top 5 pick vs middle to late 1st round, what's the debate?
Old 11-08-2013   #198
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He ain't no AJ Green, Dez Bryant or Megatron. Those guys are game changers, hell even Dre at his age is more of a game changer than nuuk cmon now.

You're probably right. Tanking to get a higher draft pick is definitely the way to go, that way you ensure you get the better player.

-Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith
Old 11-08-2013   #199
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Aaron Curry - pick 4 2009
Brian Cushing - pick 15 2009
Clay Matthews - pick 26 2009

High draft picks don't guarantee anything. Sometimes teams buy into predraft hype too.
Old 11-08-2013   #200
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The debate is about watching the Texans and wanting them to win or lose. I want them to win.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read