Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We arent out of it yet...

Ok so we have lost 5 games in a row, and we are 2-5. We have the bye week coming up.

We may not win the division but i believe we can still make it as a wild card. And even though we lost today, i saw something i havent seen this whole season. The desire to win, the belief that they could win. I even saw emotion from AJ which is a rare accurance.

So why do people say the season is lost ? We are 2-5, the season is far from over. I'm willing to bet that we finish the season at 10-6 or 9-7. I know some of you the sky is falling people are already planning trips in January, but i'm not cause we will be in the play-offs !!!
Old 10-20-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We arent out of it yet...

I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. Seriously.

But I was wondering, can I have some of what you're smoking?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Lose the word "far" and I'm with you. It's close to over, but it's not there yet. Cushing's down, Foster is gimpy, the OL is doing their best '02 Texans impersonation, and the defense gives up a 90+ yard TD drive every single game. Not over yet, but teetering on the edge of the cliff, for sure.

Keenum gives a little hope. If he can sling it like he did today, get a little help from the rest of the team, and not try to do too much, there's a chance. But the OL and defense have to step up. And Ed Reed has to retire and give back the money he stole.
Old 10-20-2013   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I like your optimism but the odds are severely not in our favor. After this loss we have a 1.3% of making the playoffs. Yes it's still a chance but still.

Texans:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/A...h/Houston.html

NFL:
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to be a glass half full guy, but let's recap:

We have a third string QB
Our starting SS is out in an already weak secondary
OD is out for an extended period
Our Lb's aren't great and the best one looks to be out for the season
Derrick Newton is our RT
Ed Reed is our FS
( the last 2 lines say it all)
We are 2-5

Sorry man, but we should count ourselves lucky if we go 8-8. This team is banged up and demoralized. The crappiest part of all is our timing to suck, as I don't see any QB's that we can draft to build around. We sucked for 10 years and then when there a batch of good QB's we peak and miss out on them. I can assure you this season is over......
Old 10-20-2013   #6
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

We are not? Well, it certainly feels that way...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #7
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

It was fun watching the game today for a change. I don't like our chances but we have not been mathematically eliminated yet. I was ready to put my games on StubHub after watching Schaub crap the bed the last few weeks. At least now, if Schaub doesn't come in, I will look forward to watching the games and see what happens.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #8
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I also appreciate the attempt at a stiff upper lip but considering the Cushing injury and what that did to us last year I think we're done. Kubiak and his staff struggle to obtain a plan A let alone B or C and we're already down to about D or so.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The one thing they have in their favor .... they are 1-0 in division games.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #10
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh do you believe in miracles - Just as only dreamers can
Anything can work with a miracle
Like a bloody minded man - Like a bloody minded man
So your man determined, he found a course
When the powers just couldn't cope
Or did you ever think that old rock and roll
Could give the world some kind of hope
Can you hear me now, hear me now
Oh do you believe in miracles just as only dreamers can
Anything can work with a miracle
Like a bloody minded man - Like a bloody minded man
Oh do you believe in miracles when the dream has just begun
Anything can work with a miracle, just like Irelands favourite son
And the dream has just begun

Yeah that just happened..........
Old 10-20-2013   #11
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

It's over!
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
After this loss we have a 1.3% of making the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I would love to be a glass half full guy ...
I think it's a glass 1.3% full guy, in this instance.
Old 10-20-2013   #13
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are finished. The OL isn't going to "gel." Foster is hurt. Cushing is most likely done for the season.

Oh yeah. Kubiak is our coach.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #14
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok if you say so Sunshine. Now back to reality I go.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #15
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Dang there is a lot of gloom and doom, i actually feel better about the team today even with the loss. Losing Foster really changed things this game, and then tate getting hurt. We had NO running backs and lost by 1. We will make the play-offs !!!
Old 10-20-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Dang there is a lot of gloom and doom, i actually feel better about the team today even with the loss. Losing Foster really changed things this game, and then tate getting hurt. We had NO running backs and lost by 1. We will make the play-offs !!!
I do too, actually. I am as happy as you can be about a loss, I think. There's hope, finally. It may not pan out either, but at least Keenum shows the world what could be if we had a QB that wasn't as limited as Schaub. So maybe they'll finally draft a top end QB if the Keenum thing doesn't pan out.
Old 10-20-2013   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think it's a glass 1.3% full guy, in this instance.
MSR...1.3% rep hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

IF the Colts lose tonight, then we're 2 games out of first place of our division with 9 games to go and we play the 1st place team 2x and the 2nd place team 1x. That means we control our own destiny.

We'll have 2 weeks to prepare Case for the Colts and hopefully, he'll recognize those blitzes better and get the ball out quicker.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #19
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless the Colts just drop 5 games suddenly it's going to be tough.

Their schedule is not really tough outside of this game...we need to pretty much win out to win the division (again, figuring that the Colts will continue their good play) and maybe we can finish 10-6 and sneak in as a WC...

Week by week...but we need to get healthy...
Old 10-20-2013   #20
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The one thing they have in their favor .... they are 1-0 in division games.
This is actually a good point. Keenum got in before we lost any division games, If he can truly get it done he's just in time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read