Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #61
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
the two fumbles were on kubiak for his idiotic play calling. Kubiak never adjusted to the current situation. Cheifs kept on blitzing yet kubiak never called a draw play, a screen, or short routes that allow you to beat the blitz.

Keenum never had a chance. He was indirectly sabotaged by his own coach's lack of strategical competence.

Failing to adjust has always been a Kubiak weakness.

Fumbles on Gary? Come on, tuck the ball and take the sack. That's not on gary
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #62
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Let's see -

- First ever NFL game with a few day's notice
- The best defense in the AFC
- The loudest outdoor stadium in the world
- Foster out basically the whole game
- D gives up 3rd and forevers
- O line plays like garbage
- Threw for more TDs and more yards than Smith, and had no picks
- Season basically on the line
- Made a few EXPECTED "rookie" mistakes

But he only played ok....
Sure sounds like a lot of excuses.
I'm done making excuses for our players. Schaub sucks and we know it. Case has potential but it's going to take at least 4 games for me to get a feel for his potential.

Today he did great for the majority of the game and had a few terrible plays -- including two very costly sack fumbles and some really bad 3rd downs where he held the ball too long. He played ok -- not great.

All that really matters is wins and losses and today we lost. Case did pretty well but why get all bent out shape trying to make a 16 point start look like a 5 td game
Old 10-20-2013   #63
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Fumbles on Gary? Come on, tuck the ball and take the sack. That's not on gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I have no clue what game you're watching, but u give you credit. You managed to illustrate beyond a doubt that you know nothing about the game of football.
Ok, there's another possibility. You might actually be Vince young.
Ok so your saying case will see the playoffs ever
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #64
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i guess nobody is gonna talk about the two TD passes dropped in the end zone by Hopkins and the wide open catch missed by graham?

they make those two catches and we win the game.

Keenum did his job. did it well.

This game would have been a blowout if schaub played.
MSR

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #65
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i guess nobody is gonna talk about the two TD passes dropped in the end zone by Hopkins and the wide open catch missed by graham?

they make those two catches and we win the game.

Keenum did his job. did it well.

This game would have been a blowout if schaub played.
The Hopkins pass should have been back shoulder. That was a very difficult ball placement
Old 10-20-2013   #66
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who the **** are you to say who is and isn't texans fan? ***** about a couple plays pot meet kettle when you ***** about Schaub. Fumbles ended the game

I called Matt's picks bad throws in multiple cases. Not protecting the ball comes into play while throwing it and taking sacks. Excuse the two fumbles all to want but just as Schaub's pick 6 ended the game against the hawks case's fumbles cost us any chance to win
LOL, list them..
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #67
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the biggest problem we had today was no time to prepare keenum. we spent the entire game in the pistol and shotgun to make him comfortable which hurt our run game, and didnt afford us many opportunities to adjust based on what we needed to do. it was remarkable how well keenum played in such a confined setting with no run game, limited playcalls, and horrid blocking.

give kubiak and keenum the bye to gameplan and prepare, and the offense moves much more efficiently.
Old 10-20-2013   #68
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Ok so your saying case will see the playoffs ever
Wtf are you talking about?
Old 10-20-2013   #69
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So you admit you're full of crap? You post he had bad throws, but when somebody asks you to admit them... "you don't have a perfect memory" and can't list them.. oookay

Hey buddy, why weren't you posting about every bad throw Schaub was making? like when he was throwing to the other team? Do you have a good enough memory to remember those passes?
Did someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

Guess what champ- I have a life. I am often doing homework during games, and today was no exception. As such, I sometimes miss things, but I do get a general sense about how players play.

I posted the missed TD. Another one that sticks out was the floater in the 4th quarter that could have been picked off, but was complete for a two yard gain. He threw a couple balls in the dirt.

As far as good throws, he made a couple. That TD was a thing of beauty. The one to Graham along the sidelines was nice as well. But a lot of his completions were easy throws. Short, one or two reads. Slants or buttonhooks.

As for Schaub- I never had to post anything, because what I wanted to say was being said. He sucked, plain and simple.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #70
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The Hopkins pass should have been back shoulder. That was a very difficult ball placement
It was not a good throw
Old 10-20-2013   #71
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Keenum played great especially considering how bad our offensive line is and practically having only 1 active running back.
Lol great way to lose. Ask peyton about his invincible line
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #72
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
It was not a good throw
Yes that's what I was saying. Putting that on Hopkins is stupid -- that would have been an insanely impressive catch.
Old 10-20-2013   #73
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

OK? For real?............

I'm not saying he is the answer either but ok????

Agendas are going be served with this kind of talk after Keenum's performance I guess?
To be fair, we still had pretty much the same issues on offense save for the pick 6's.

His stat line looks nice b/c we moved the ball well in between the 20's...like schaub's did.

we stalled in the red zone the 1 time we got in there....like we did with schaub

the o-line still sucks and caused problems for our qb in pass pro.......like it did with schaub

Gary didnt really make adjustments to help the qb out when he saw they were pinning their ears back...like he did with schaub.

I think he needs to start for the rest of the season...but i am by no means convinced we still dont need to pick up a qb early in the draft just yet....maybe we can push it back to the 2nd round.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #74
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Did someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

Guess what champ- I have a life. I am often doing homework during games, and today was no exception. As such, I sometimes miss things, but I do get a general sense about how players play.

I posted the missed TD. Another one that sticks out was the floater in the 4th quarter that could have been picked off, but was complete for a two yard gain. He threw a couple balls in the dirt.

As far as good throws, he made a couple. That TD was a thing of beauty. The one to Graham along the sidelines was nice as well. But a lot of his completions were easy throws. Short, one or two reads. Slants or buttonhooks.

As for Schaub- I never had to post anything, because what I wanted to say was being said. He sucked, plain and simple.
If you think "He sucked, plain and simple" then you need to put down your "homework" and actually tune into the game once in awhile.. You don't even have to take my opinion... turn on the radio buddy.

BTW.. Kubiak just said he was "impressed with Keenum's play and if we play like we did today, we'll win a lot of games".. for once, I agree with him.
Old 10-20-2013   #75
ArTex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum played well considering CIRCUMSTANCE and EXPECTATIONS.

Same was said of TJ Yates 2 years ago too. I tend to think Keenum's "played-well" is a tiny touch better than Yates's played-well.

Andrew Luck NUMBER ONE pick last year wasnt much better than Keenum today actually. Showed flashes, had LOTS of TURNOVERs.

It just takes a little while for a Qb to adjust. Its on the coaches to see if Keenum gets more chances to see what he can do
ArTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #76
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL, list them..
Waste your time and use the search function. I posted it given enough of your time you will find the posts
Old 10-20-2013   #77
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you think "He sucked, plain and simple" then you need to put down your "homework" and actually tune into the game once in awhile.. You don't even have to take my opinion... turn on the radio buddy.

BTW.. Kubiak just said he was "impressed with Keenum's play"
So you don't think Schaub sucked?

PS- of course Kubiak is going to say that. Kubes is loyal to a fault, and Keenum is his guy now.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #78
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:

BTW.. Kubiak just said he was "impressed with Keenum's play and if we play like we did today, we'll win a lot of games".. for once, I agree with him.
Case didn't suck, far from it I just wouldn't call it great
Old 10-20-2013   #79
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
So you don't think Schaub sucked?

PS- of course Kubiak is going to say that. Kubes is loyal to a fault, and Keenum is his guy now.
I'm confused.. If Kubiak was "loyal to a fault", Keenum wouldn't be his guy now.
Old 10-20-2013   #80
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Waste your time and use the search function. I posted it given enough of your time you will find the posts
I already used the search feature before I made that post.. which is why I asked you to list the "multiple" times you questioned his throws.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read