Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: .. and it only took a quarter, so who's ready to eat crow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
I don't like posting about case since I'm a UH grad and will get labeled as a homer, Etc. However, say what you will about the game today, anyone who would rather have Schaub or Yates out there THIS season is smoking rocks. If Keenum gets the play out the season, or at least a good stretch of games, the discussion of our future QB will have more meaning and direction. I want Case to be the guy, but I'd rather win so if he doesn't cut it over the course of the next few games then let's talk draft.
I'm not a UofH fan and I can say.. Keenum was not the reason why we lost today.. if he plays like he did today in every game he starts for us, we'll win football games. The Oline has to get better and the defense needs to recognize what a screen is or when a team only has one real threat (Charles)

Keenum's performance far exceeded my expectations and whether it happens here or somewhere else.. he's a starter in this league.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #42
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

OK? For real?............

I'm not saying he is the answer either but ok????

Agendas are going be served with this kind of talk after Keenum's performance I guess?
16 points with 1 td pass and two fumbles and a loss is 'ok'
He had some awesome plays but he wasn't consistently that way. He has a lot left to show but certainly a promising start that deserves more playing time
Old 10-20-2013   #43
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Case played a lot better the what I thought he would. The long td throw, the throw across his body and a good run. That said he did not play great anyone who thinks he played great still has rose glasses on. His two fumbles were him simply not being aware of what was going on or not wanting to take a sack. In both those plays we would have been better off with the oragami Schaub fold
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #44
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Lol, like banging a fat chick. VY > case
I have no clue what game you're watching, but u give you credit. You managed to illustrate beyond a doubt that you know nothing about the game of football.
Ok, there's another possibility. You might actually be Vince young.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #45
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Case played a lot better the what I thought he would. The long td throw, the throw across his body and a good run. That said he did not play great anyone who thinks he played great still has rose glasses on. His two fumbles were him simply not being aware of what was going on or not wanting to take a sack. In both those plays we would have been better off with the oragami Schaub fold

Yes we would have been better with Schaub because we could have been resting Cushing since the game would have been a blow out anyway.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I guess I have rose colored glasses on, because I thought he played great in the situation he was placed in.

Funny how the only people who are criticizing how he played are the same who were against his starting.. go figure.

The guy played great. In his first start he far exceeded my expectations and I expected him to play well
Old 10-20-2013   #47
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Well I guess I have rose colored glasses on, because I thought he played great in the situation he was placed in.

Funny how the only people who are criticizing how he played are the same who were against his starting.. go figure.

The guy played great. In his first start he far exceeded my expectations and I expected him to play well

He didn't play great.

I guess there is no criticism on your part to case for those two fumbles?
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #48
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #49
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see him start again. I look at this game as a work in progress. Started the week supposedly splitting practice reps with Yates and hasn't started a real game since the 2012 Ticket City Bowl. I think there was a bit of real-game-speed "rust" there but I saw enough to see advantages over Schaub and I want to see where this goes.

Two weeks of first team reps and a home crowd against the Colts would be nice. Unfortunately we're probably going to see Gary trot out his boy Matt instead.
Old 10-20-2013   #50
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Lol, like banging a fat chick. VY > case

You're an idiot. Stop smoking PCP.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #51
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Unfortunately we're probably going to see Gary trot out his boy Matt instead.
Note to self: Pick up rope at Home Depot next week and find support beam in ceiling.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 10-20-2013   #52
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His offensive line couldn't pick up a blitz.. and what bad throws did he make? please list them. let's say we spend a first round pick on a QB and in their first start against a team who's

Number 1 in points allowed (btw Case led a team that beat that average and he would've smashed it if his receivers could simply hold on to the football)

was number 1 in turnovers allowed

and was

also number 1 in passing yards allowed.... (a UDFA completed big plays against them all day long)

If you spent a first round pick on a QB and that QB performed half as well as Keenum did, you'd be ecstatic.. he was our best player on the field today.
Don't presume to tell me how I would feel in scenario X. I would not be ecstatic about this performance. I would say he looked ok, had some good plays and some not so good plays.

As for picking out the throws- I am not going to do that crap. I dont tape the games, and I dont have perfect memory.

But, for one example, the attempted EZ fade. That throw has to be higher and more towards the back shoulder.

The Keenum squad needs to understand that I am not saying he played poorly. I am just not on his jock strap like you guys are.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #53
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He didn't play great.

I guess there is no criticism on your part to case for those two fumbles?
For somebody who's making his first start.. you bet your happy ass he played great

As far as criticism goes (which you and others fail to direct at Schaub).. turn on your radio, the entire city is praising Keenum right now. Keenum played better than expected, anyone who still wants to ***** about a couple of plays is someone who is not really a Texans fan and has other rooting interests.
Old 10-20-2013   #54
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Offense looks completely different. I know that much.
Disagree. Derek Newton still sucks.

The rest played better.

P.S

Ed Reed does suck.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #55
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the two fumbles were on kubiak for his idiotic play calling. Kubiak never adjusted to the current situation. Cheifs kept on blitzing yet kubiak never called a draw play, a screen, or short routes that allow you to beat the blitz.

Keenum never had a chance. He was indirectly sabotaged by his own coach's lack of strategical competence.

Failing to adjust has always been a Kubiak weakness.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #56
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56098 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see -

- First ever NFL game with a few day's notice
- The best defense in the AFC
- The loudest outdoor stadium in the world
- Foster out basically the whole game
- D gives up 3rd and forevers
- O line plays like garbage
- Threw for more TDs and more yards than Smith, and had no picks
- Season basically on the line
- Made a few EXPECTED "rookie" mistakes

But he only played ok....
Old 10-20-2013   #57
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Let's see -

MSR

Old 10-20-2013   #58
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Let's see -

You forgot Tate getting injured.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Don't presume to tell me how I would feel in scenario X. I would not be ecstatic about this performance. I would say he looked ok, had some good plays and some not so good plays.

As for picking out the throws- I am not going to do that crap. I dont tape the games, and I dont have perfect memory.

But, for one example, the attempted EZ fade. That throw has to be higher and more towards the back shoulder.

The Keenum squad needs to understand that I am not saying he played poorly. I am just not on his jock strap like you guys are.
So you admit you're full of crap? You post he had bad throws, but when somebody asks you to admit them... "you don't have a perfect memory" and can't list them.. oookay

Hey buddy, why weren't you posting about every bad throw Schaub was making? like when he was throwing to the other team? Do you have a good enough memory to remember those passes?
Old 10-20-2013   #60
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
For somebody who's making his first start.. you bet your happy ass he played great

As far as criticism goes (which you and others fail to direct at Schaub).. turn on your radio, the entire city is praising Keenum right now. Keenum played better than expected, anyone who still wants to ***** about a couple of plays is someone who is not really a Texans fan and has other rooting interests.

Who the **** are you to say who is and isn't texans fan? ***** about a couple plays pot meet kettle when you ***** about Schaub. Fumbles ended the game

I called Matt's picks bad throws in multiple cases. Not protecting the ball comes into play while throwing it and taking sacks. Excuse the two fumbles all to want but just as Schaub's pick 6 ended the game against the hawks case's fumbles cost us any chance to win

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read