Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #1
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Something Positive About Matt Schaub

I am not a fan of Schaub's play and I definitely wanted a QB change. However I am compelled to share something I learned about Schaub this weekend. My 17 y/o son had his appendix go bad and he ended up hospitalized Friday night. We end up at Texas Children's Hospital Katy campus. Unbelievable great staff at this place. Best hospital experience ever. Talking to a nurse this morning, she said Schaub's foundation is giving one million dollars for projects there. But more importantly she said Matt and Laurie Schaub are frequent visitors to decorate at the holidays, visit sick kids and bring toys. She said she has seen the look on a sick kids face when Schaub went in to see them and it was unbelievable. Hearing this, and seeing sick kids all weekend, made me think about the personal side to the players we sometimes forget about. I know Schaub will be gone next year, and I'm all for that from an onfield standpoint, just thought I'd remind everyone how much some of these guys do for others in our community.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #2
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58901 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something Positive About Matt Schaub

I don't think I've heard anyone say they didn't like Schaub as a man. He's an honest guy, a good guy.
Old 10-20-2013   #3
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I don't think I've heard anyone say they didn't like Schaub as a man. He's an honest guy, a good guy.
Yeah he is. Just thought I'd share what I heard. You could tell the nursing staff appreciated what he does at the hospital
Old 10-20-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Often fans in all sports forget to separate the person from the athlete. No athlete wants to play poorly or disappoint fans. I think many if not all live to hear our praises and compliments. A true fan sets aside the emotions (as soon as possible) and offers clear, detailed criticism. What irritates my bowel is the fan that gets his or her self worth from another. Also, the athlete that wants the fan base to just swallow every disappointment as "Oh well, he is playing hard as he can." Criticism can be just but still hard to take. Remember the last time you were criticized? How did that go? Happened to me yesterday.
Old 10-20-2013   #5
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been a BIG time complainer of Schaub on the field, for about 2 years now, I don't like his field command, don't like his accuracy and HATE his sloth like movements in the pocket, BUT I have a respect for him for his work with charity and specifically the Houston hospital. The guy is amazing off the field and VERY generous, I don't wish bad upon him or nor was i glad to see him hurt, but I am happy we moved on to a new qb.
Old 10-20-2013   #6
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

May Schaub be one of the most happy and successful persons on this side of the mississippi. Let the rewards of a long and fruitful life be his.

I just don't want him to be the starting QB of the Houston Texans next year.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #7
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
May Schaub be one of the most happy and successful persons on this side of the mississippi. Let the rewards of a long and fruitful life be his.

I just don't want him to be the starting QB of the Houston Texans next year.
I agree.
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #8
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

He will soon have more time for charity work.
Old 10-20-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
just thought I'd remind everyone how much some of these guys do for others in our community.
"Love don't win football games."

~ Earl Campbell

I've been wanting to use that quote for weeks.

Schaub's a great guy. & it's cool to see him get involved, I mean really involved & not just his money.

But... he's here to win a Super Bowl. It's because of the "real people" side that I try not to berate the players, whether they play for our team or the other guys. Good play is good play, bad play is bad play..... but there's never a reason to talk smack on these guys as if we know them.

Drunk drivers..... that's different. Especially if they kill someone..... or dog fighters & that kind of thing, but none of our players have been involved in any of that stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read