Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: This is just weird..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Is this is directed at me?
I didn't quote you.
Old 10-19-2013   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I didn't quote you.
I never said you did, but you did quote people who believe if the Texans never gave him a shot he would of sat on his couch and would've never even sniffed a NFL training camp.. do you believe that? Or are you living in the same fantasy land that I'm living in? lol

This is a QB driven league, if Keenum didn't get a look here, he would've somewhere else. Just by dumb luck, this might of turned out to be the absolute perfect situation for him and it looks like it is, but that doesn't mean he would of not had the chance to be a camp arm/UDFA and flame out else where or exceed all odds and be pushing a starter.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never said you did, but you did quote people who believe if the Texans never gave him a shot he would of sat on his couch and would've never even sniffed a NFL training camp.. do you believe that? Or are you living in the same fantasy land that I'm living in? lol

This is a QB driven league, if Keenum didn't get a look here, he would've somewhere else.
My post was more about the "you don't know what another coach would do." comment when they started the whole, "another coach would have..." debate.

I'm sure Case is pleased with the opportunity he got from the coach he got it from & being able to start for the team he will be starting for... Unless he grew up a Packer fan, which I guess is possible.
Old 10-19-2013   #44
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You need a mirror for your rolleyes. Keenam was undrafted. After that all 32 teams had an opportunity to pick up a phone and sign him to their team. So far as we know only Houston made that call. Then once he was waived in cut downs any team could claim him - none did. Then once he cleared waivers any team could have signed him to their practice squad. Then throughout the whole season any team could have grabbed him off the practice squad. All of that without spending a draft pick.
Guys, this is getting a little out of hand, because I'm not seeing anyone really making a solid counter argument to what Cak posted. Cak is right! In a QB starved league, right, we don't know if anyone other team made Case offers after the draft, but also yes, Case could have been picked up anytime by any team while on the practice squad, but he wasn't.

The truth is, there are very few coaches, experts, scouts and talking heads who gave two sh!ts about Case Keenum...and they still don't. Who? John Gruden? Gary Kubiak? Rick Smith? June Jones? Kevin Sumlin?

The FACT is, if Case Keenum turns out to be a Cinderella story, like most of us hope he does, then the above mentioned reasons makes Keenum's story more compelling than a bunch of Texans nerds (me included) revising the past so we can laugh at the rest of the NFL, barking, "I told ya so."
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #45
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Guys, this is getting a little out of hand, because I'm not seeing anyone really making a solid counter argument to what Cak posted. Cak is right! In a QB starved league, right, we don't know if anyone other team made Case offers after the draft, but also yes, Case could have been picked up anytime by any team while on the practice squad, but he wasn't.

The truth is, there are very few coaches, experts, scouts and talking heads who gave two sh!ts about Case Keenum...and they still don't. Who? John Gruden? Gary Kubiak? Rick Smith? June Jones? Kevin Sumlin?

The FACT is, if Case Keenum turns out to be a Cinderella story, like most of us hope he does, then the above mentioned reasons makes Keenum's story more compelling than a bunch of Texans nerds (me included) revising the past so we can laugh at the rest of the NFL, barking, "I told ya so."
wow

Sorry, but there is a counter argument (there's been plenty of them, quote one) and CAK isn't right.

Here we go again

"Cak is right!" In a QB starved league, right, we don't know if anyone other team made Case offers after the draft".

Answer..

Problem is, we don't know if any other team made Case offers after the draft.. so how the hell is "CAK is right? I at least have MANY examples of QBs who came come close to the type of production Keenum put up and even listed QBs like Case who where deemed "system QBs getting a shot" year in and year outunlike CAK
Old 10-19-2013   #46
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus Christ who cares? History is what it is. Case starts Sunday. End of story.

The rest is all coming out of the south end of a north bound bull. Sunday we shall see what we shall see.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #47
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how he got here, what college he played for.

The only thing that matters is that he is our starting QB this Sunday.

And I hope he plays really really well!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2013   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, let's suppose no one else wanted case...now what...

No one else picked up foster off the practice squad. And picking up a RB is a lot easier than taking a qb that you'll have to place on your active roster.

Let's say that the rest of the nfl thought keenum was the worst qb ever. Ok, now what?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #49
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I wish Matt Schaub and the rest of the Texans got as much support as Case is getting right now.
I wish people wouldn't post ignorant comments.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #50
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

How ever this came about, I'm with Thorn.... He starts Sunday, and I at this point in time wish to remain optimistic that our world as fans of the Texans becomes much more pleasant! GO TEXANS!!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #51
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I obviously don't know if Case drew any interest from other teams, but my OPINION is that he PROBABLY would've been on a roster somewhere as a camp body if nothing else.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #52
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ok, let's suppose no one else wanted case...now what...

No one else picked up foster off the practice squad. And picking up a RB is a lot easier than taking a qb that you'll have to place on your active roster.

Let's say that the rest of the nfl thought keenum was the worst qb ever. Ok, now what?
Seems like to me the rest of the NFL is pretty fkn stupid then, and probably not someone upon whom you'd want to prop your argument. The whole "there's a reason he wasn't drafted" argument is lame and always has been. Yeah, there's a reason - it's because NFL people suck at evaluating people sometimes. That's how you get guys like Lawrence Phillips drafted and Arian Foster not drafted.

Sometimes the answer is pretty damn simple. So next time one of you (not you, Rey) throws your lot in with them, just remember, you don't know **** and neither do they until the player has actually played, whoever it is.
Old 10-19-2013   #53
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I wish Matt Schaub and the rest of the Texans got as much support as Case is getting right now.
Don't worry, they will turn on Case eventually too, then move onto their next campaign. Sometimes I think they are not so much Texans fans, but rather fans of their own opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Have you people learned nothing from being fans for all of these years? lol TAKE IT EASY on your expectactions
This^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I wish people wouldn't post ignorant comments.
Then stop posting comments.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, there's a reason - it's because NFL people suck at evaluating people sometimes. That's how you get guys like Lawrence Phillips drafted and Arian Foster not drafted.
I'm sure that's a big part of it. Most of the time, we're focusing on "talent" & we all know it takes a lot more than talent to make it in this league.

Another thing is that people change. Arian Foster is a totally different person now than he was when he first came out of college. & if what June Jones said about Case is true, Case is a totally different player than he was coming out of college.

Jones said Case's arm is stronger now than it was coming out of college. He said he's working better under center than he did coming out of college (there was no film or anything to give anyone a good feeling that he would). And of course he knows our play-book better than he did when he first came out of college.

No question Keenum earned everything he got, but he's also been in a place that has rewarded him every step of the way.
Old 10-19-2013   #55
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Jesus Christ who cares? History is what it is. Case starts Sunday. End of story.
Or just the beginning of the next chapter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Don't worry, they will turn on Case eventually too...
If he doesn't produce, then yes. It's about results. If Schaub were producing, no one would be posting about replacing him with Keenum.
Old 10-19-2013   #56
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

When Schaub is sucking, people are going to call him out on it. Same goes for the defense like in our last game against the Rams. It's no different than when fans singled out Jacoby Jones against the Ravens in the playoffs or Joe Marciano for however long now. If someone on the team isn't pulling their weight, the people on this board will call them out on it. That doesn't make them fairweather. I'd argue it makes them passionate fans and this message board gives them a platform to voice their frustration. It's hard for me to call out people on this message board that have been here for so long, with little success to boast about, as being fairweather.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #57
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
When Schaub is sucking, people are going to call him out on it. Same goes for the defense like in our last game against the Rams. It's no different than when fans singled out Jacoby Jones against the Ravens in the playoffs or Joe Marciano for however long now. If someone on the team isn't pulling their weight, the people on this board will call them out on it. That doesn't make them fairweather. I'd argue it makes them passionate fans and this message board gives them a platform to voice their frustration. It's hard for me to call out people on this message board that have been here for so long, with little success to boast about, as being fairweather.
Yep. And seeing as how everyone sees something different through their own eyes, it's unlikely the bickering will ever cease. Nor should it. If everyone here all said the same thing all the time it would be boring as hell.

Old 10-19-2013   #58
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. And seeing as how everyone sees something different through their own eyes, it's unlikely the bickering will ever cease. Nor should it. If everyone here all said the same thing all the time it would be boring as hell.

Couldn't agree more lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL, goes back to the saying.. "everyone has a ***hole, some are just stinkier tham others" huh?
Old 10-19-2013   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
LOL, goes back to the saying.. "everyone has a ***hole, some are just stinkier tham others" huh?
It's a tough job being an a$$hole, but it's something I do well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read