Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #121
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
None of of what you describe has ever existed. I've spoken with fans all over this city and know this board very well. NO ONE hardly other then a hand full of the typical homer hopefuls have enshrined Keenum into Canton like so many of you guys keep exaggerating. There has been a huge movement due to Schaub's downward spiral from last season that everyone witnessed and his train crash that followed this season. Add in the existence of the godly awful Yates that got the 2nd string job purely out of being here longer caused a ton of people to scream for Keenum a lot louder then they should have had to. Case's name wouldn't go away because are other QB's wouldn't make his name go away especially under a HC that shouldn't even be a HC. Fans are desperate to have a QB that can make plays with his feet after having a statue for years and having a HC that is so easy for coordinators to figure out every season. So as a result, fans are desperate for a guy who can lead this offense in spite of Kubiak's lack of being able to adapt in this offense.

Throughout all of that NO ONE has acted like Case Keenum is some guarantee for the future. They desperately want to see what he has, and many of you refuse to even think that he might have some potential.

Thank you and I've typed pretty much the same thing in another thread.. I rooted for Schaub and didn't want him to fail since his individual success was tied to my team's success, but I'm done lying to myself... Case Keenum could throw a bazillion pick 6's today and it wouldn't bother me any, because the move to start a UDFA and with all the talk that's leaking out of that locker room smells of a team that isn't happy with the incumbent starting QB and they're ready to start looking at other options. Schaub is done here, whether Keenum is the answer is regardless.. if he is the answer, so be it, but the point has been established that we're (this team) is finally looking for a answer.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #122
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Thank you and I've typed pretty much the same thing in another thread.. I rooted for Schaub and didn't want him to fail since his individual success was tied to my team's success, but I'm done lying to myself... Case Keenum could throw a bazillion pick 6's today and it wouldn't bother me any, because the move to start a UDFA and with all the talk that's leaking out of that locker room smells of a team that isn't happy with the incumbent starting QB and they're ready to start looking at other options. Schaub is done here, whether Keenum is the answer is regardless.. if he is the answer, so be it, but the point has been established that we're (this team) is finally looking for a answer.
I noticed that, and I also backed your argument in that thread CB. I don't understand why people keep acting like Case has this colt following of worshipers that think he's MVP material. I've just seen a ton of Texans fans who have lost hope in Schaub's abilities down the stretch at first and now to the point that most of us don't even believe that we can win a game with Schaub or Yates. It's that bad now. Keenum is an upgrade in every aspect from what I have seen from his skill set. Schaub and Yates's experience isn't even a factor here when both of them are "pick 6" queens ad have a hard time moving the ball down the field. I can't see how Keenum is any worse, and I think he is going to be better. I could be wrong, and we all could be but if so at least we have exhausted all options and know what needs to be done first and foremost in the off season. I just dread the idea of Kubiak being able to get to shop for another QB.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #123
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I noticed that, and I also backed your argument in that thread CB. I don't understand why people keep acting like Case has this colt following of worshipers that think he's MVP material. I've just seen a ton of Texans fans who have lost hope in Schaub's abilities down the stretch at first and now to the point that most of us don't even believe that we can win a game with Schaub or Yates. It's that bad now. Keenum is an upgrade in every aspect from what I have seen from his skill set. Schaub and Yates's experience isn't even a factor here when both of them are "pick 6" queens ad have a hard time moving the ball down the field. I can't see how Keenum is any worse, and I think he is going to be better. I could be wrong, and we all could be but if so at least we have exhausted all options and know what needs to be done first and foremost in the off season. I just dread the idea of Kubiak being able to get to shop for another QB.
I kinda feel that Schaub is where Brad Lidge was a few years ago after giving up a giant homerun to Pujols in the NLCS. We won the series, but Lidge was never the same.

Then Lidge moved on, and started having success again. I think Schaub and the Texans are in a very similar situation with a player who just needs to move on and find his mojo somewhere else.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #124
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
None of of what you describe has ever existed. I've spoken with fans all over this city and know this board very well. NO ONE hardly other then a hand full of the typical homer hopefuls have enshrined Keenum into Canton like so many of you guys keep exaggerating. There has been a huge movement due to Schaub's downward spiral from last season that everyone witnessed and his train crash that followed this season. Add in the existence of the godly awful Yates that got the 2nd string job purely out of being here longer caused a ton of people to scream for Keenum a lot louder then they should have had to. Case's name wouldn't go away because are other QB's wouldn't make his name go away especially under a HC that shouldn't even be a HC. Fans are desperate to have a QB that can make plays with his feet after having a statue for years and having a HC that is so easy for coordinators to figure out every season. So as a result, fans are desperate for a guy who can lead this offense in spite of Kubiak's lack of being able to adapt in this offense.

Throughout all of that NO ONE has acted like Case Keenum is some guarantee for the future. They desperately want to see what he has, and many of you refuse to even think that he might have some potential.
REPPED! This is all I have been saying!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #125
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else noticing the new agenda? Downplay Case who was the undrafted 3rd stringer who just went in Arrowhead against a bad ass Chiefs defense and damn near won the game. Case had no oline, no run game, bad refs, bad clock management from Kubes as well as bad playcalling at time.

Yet..........somehow Case was just "ok", "serviceable" and other downplaying terms? I have not been so dumbfounded in my life. Saying that is like saying it is snowing right now when it's clearly now.

Case made throws that are I dunno, legit NFL QB throws Texans fans don't get to see unless they change the channel to another game/team. Normally most 3rd stringers would just outright suck balls yet today he nearly lead the team to a W in KC, something we know Schaub and Yates would not have done. He far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, outplayed the other 2 QB's yet had either one of them played today I bet they would get excuses on how they played great. Just laughable. I'm just having to tell myself "this is the agenda, I would do the same thing had I just been proven wrong like this".

To be clear, I am NOT saying he is the next Montana or the next franchise QB but damn, don't downplay the best performance you have seen all season. It's insane.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #126
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Case played a great game. When the Chiefs started lighting us up we made no adjustments. Where are the screens? Where are the quick throws? The coaching staff did a piss poor job adjusting the what the Chiefs did in the second half. The first throw Case made in the game to Andre would have been great at times today, but we didn't adjust to what they were doing.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #127
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Anyone else noticing the new agenda? Downplay Case who was the undrafted 3rd stringer who just went in Arrowhead against a bad ass Chiefs defense and damn near won the game. Case had no oline, no run game, bad refs, bad clock management from Kubes as well as bad playcalling at time.

Yet..........somehow Case was just "ok", "serviceable" and other downplaying terms? I have not been so dumbfounded in my life. Saying that is like saying it is snowing right now when it's clearly now.

Case made throws that are I dunno, legit NFL QB throws Texans fans don't get to see unless they change the channel to another game/team. Normally most 3rd stringers would just outright suck balls yet today he nearly lead the team to a W in KC, something we know Schaub and Yates would not have done. He far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, outplayed the other 2 QB's yet had either one of them played today I bet they would get excuses on how they played great. Just laughable. I'm just having to tell myself "this is the agenda, I would do the same thing had I just been proven wrong like this".

To be clear, I am NOT saying he is the next Montana or the next franchise QB but damn, don't downplay the best performance you have seen all season. It's insane.

The TD pass he threw was a thing of beauty....but his very first throw was well behind AJ ....the throw to Hopkins in the red zone was a bad throw and the bomb he threw to AJ was also underthrown to where AJ had to slow down to get it...if he puts it out there like he did his TD throw to Hopkins earlier, AJ is probably gone. Now if that's schaub who makes those throws people are killing him right now...

Its fair to say that he performed admirably and looked pretty good for a guy making his 1st start...i've said in other threads he should start for the rest of the season.. but he's not above the same critcism Schaub would've recieved.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #128
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
The TD pass he threw was a thing of beauty....but his very first throw was well behind AJ ....the throw to Hopkins in the red zone was a bad throw and the bomb he threw to AJ was also underthrown to where AJ had to slow down to get it...if he puts it out there like he did his TD throw to Hopkins earlier, AJ is probably gone. Now if that's schaub who makes those throws people are killing him right now...

Its fair to say that he performed admirably and looked pretty good for a guy making his 1st start...i've said in other threads he should start for the rest of the season.. but he's not above the same critcism Schaub would've recieved.

He also threw short of the sticks on 3rd down. The td pass was great and schaub wouldn't get that throw done
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #129
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
He also threw short of the sticks on 3rd down. The td pass was great and schaub wouldn't get that throw done
Keenum also threw a 47-yard bomb to Dre on a play in the middle of the 3rd quarter, where he used his feet to buy about 5 extra seconds of time for Dre to get open deep.
Old 10-21-2013   #130
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Keenum also threw a 47-yard bomb to Dre on a play in the middle of the 3rd quarter, where he used his feet to buy about 5 extra seconds of time for Dre to get open deep.
That play was beautiful.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #131
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
It was I acknowledged that throw in one of the other case threads
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #132
CorpusTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

He's also not a 10 YEAR VETERAN. Geezus. That was his FIRST game. This isn't rocket science... MS is horrible and needs to see his way out immediately.
CorpusTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #133
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpusTexan View Post
He's also not a 10 YEAR VETERAN. Geezus. That was his FIRST game. This isn't rocket science... MS is horrible and needs to see his way out immediately.
You're right, it's not rocket science..you don't need to be a 10 year vet to throw that pass accurately......

Like i said, offensively we still showed many of the same tendencies we've been showing for years under this regime..If we hadn't i'd be more inclined to go all in with Keenum....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read