Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2013   #101
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question for the anti-Keenum crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
what is it with houston sports teams not wanting to give hometown kids chances? Rashard Lewis, Carl Crawford, Vince Young, yet they give Kubiak all the leeway in the world.
VY? Christ
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #102
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what is it with houston sports teams not wanting to give hometown kids chances? Rashard Lewis, Carl Crawford, Vince Young, yet they give Kubiak all the leeway in the world.
If anything Houston has a long history of obsession with local/Texas products...how many other cities have the most iconic players in football, basketball, baseball all be local products to the area or at most Texas.

I would argue like with Case, Houston worries too damn much about Houston/Texas players, not the other way.

Oh yeah then there is that coach that just passed, also.

Wait a minute where exactly did Kubiak grow up again?
Old 10-19-2013   #103
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
people need to wait and at least let him suck before passing judgement. NFL history is littered with QBs who werent heralded coming out of college never got drafted barely got drafted, and still went on to become successful nfl QB.

Keenum is that guy. He has that it factor. He has two intangibles right off the bat that Schaub doesnt have:

1. A great qb name.

2. He's a good looking guy.

Just look at all the great QBs and superbowl champions, they all have great names and are fairly good looking. Something Matt Schaub is not. Guys follow a guy who is good looking, has the girl, and has a great name. They are not following anybody who doesnt look good and doesnt have a great name.

Just think about all the hotshot highschool/college QBs, they all have this trait. You cant say schaub has. Just think of all the great qbs in history, they share this two very important traits.
No offense, but what have you been smoking, and what 60's football movie have you been watching?

Let's see if I can shed some light on this ridiculous notion without going too deep into it. Here are a few right off the top of my head that should do the trick.

Johnny Unitas (Awesome football name, but handsome he is not)
Roger Staubach (Do I need to explain this one?)
Terry Bradshaw (Not a manly first name, nor a handsome dude)
Jim Plunkett (Enough said)
Fran Tarkenton (Again, who names their son Francis? Handsome... Not so much)

Let's not forget "The Great Forehead" Peyton Manning. A girls first name, and could anyone say he is a handsome man?

These are just a few off the top of my head, and I am sure I could go on and on.

IMO it's a ridiculous and shallow idea that if someone has a strong name, and good looks they will be, or have been a successful NFL QB.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #104
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
No offense, but what have you been smoking, and what 60's football movie have you been watching?

Let's see if I can shed some light on this ridiculous notion without going too deep into it. Here are a few right off the top of my head that should do the trick.

Johnny Unitas (Awesome football name, but handsome he is not)
Roger Staubach (Do I need to explain this one?)
Terry Bradshaw (Not a manly first name, nor a handsome dude)
Jim Plunkett (Enough said)
Fran Tarkenton (Again, who names their son Francis? Handsome... Not so much)

Let's not forget "The Great Forehead" Peyton Manning. A girls first name, and could anyone say he is a handsome man?

These are just a few off the top of my head, and I am sure I could go on and on.

IMO it's a ridiculous and shallow idea that if someone has a strong name, and good looks they will be, or have been a successful NFL QB.

Tell me who doesnt belong in this pound for pound dish off list?

3 guys look like healthy, warm blooded, real american men.

1 looks like a cancer stricken gomer pyle.

I stand by all my posts.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #105
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2290 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Real men a father would be proud to let their daughter date....

Id call the cops on this guy. Make sure to check if he's a registered sex offender.

Old 10-19-2013   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Looks like Manziel.
Old 10-19-2013   #107
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I stand by all my posts.
Yea lets see.. the Bradshaw picture. Hilarious, and if that is your image of a real man I feel sorry for your wife... if you have one.

It's clear that you have a dislike for Schaub and that your opinion might be a tad bit biased. Taking personal shots at Schaub's name and appearance is pretty juvenile. Also notice you did not take on the names issue that you said "they all have great names and are fairly good looking" . It's funny also that you chose photos of the other men in their youth (Still ugly), but chose the least flattering pic you could find of Schaub in his 30's.

Quote:
Real men a father would be proud to let their daughter date....

Id call the cops on this guy. Make sure to check if he's a registered sex offender.

See that is the funny thing about perceptions. While you may believe that everyone else' perception is the same as yours is, I can assure you that is not the case. Yea because registered sex offenders are known for dressing nice and always going to the Kentucky Derby with hot former cheeleader's right?

Nice though that you are able to speak for all fathers out there though. Where did you acquire such a talent?

Peyton Manning has a face that only a mother could love. Stand by your posts all you want. Your theory is not only totally bogus (which I showed), it also makes you look like a shallow minded bully who thinks it's fun to kick people while they are down by making fun of their name and appearance, which of course has nothing to do with this thread.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2013   #108
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I stand by all my posts.
lmao, Where did you come from?
Old 10-19-2013   #109
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Yea lets see.. the Bradshaw picture. Hilarious, and if that is your image of a real man I feel sorry for your wife... if you have one.
Hey.... it was the '70s.
Old 10-19-2013   #110
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey.... it was the '70s.
Yea, nothing says "Real American Man" like an unbuttoned silk shirt, exposed gold chain and pooka shells, hairy chest and a comb over.

Mmmm Mmmm Good.

And just for the record. Casey is a girls name also, so once a again your theory is bunk Lord Bills. The fact that he shortened it down to just Case shows he is self conscience about it.

Old 10-19-2013   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey.... it was the '70s.
Hahahahaha....

That about does it. Debating their looks. I think everything has been covered.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #112
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Casey is a girls name also, so once a again your theory is bunk Lord Bills. The fact that he shortened it down to just Case shows he is self conscience about it.
Wouldn't go that far. A lot of names apparently go both ways and we've probably both known plenty of dudes with the following name.....Casey, Kelly, Jordan (which happens to be my name), Kim, Ashley, the list goes on.

You've been accurate in your rebuttals of those posts until that, that one gets close to the level of his.....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #113
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
lmao, Where did you come from?
No kidding, but it is entertaining... for now.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #114
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Hahahahaha....

That about does it. Debating their looks. I think everything has been covered.
No $hit.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #115
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The man has done nothing to justify this comment.
Old 10-20-2013   #116
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

This has turned into one weird thread.
Old 10-20-2013   #117
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48887 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently we should bring in mark Sanchez asap
Old 10-20-2013   #118
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This has turned into one weird thread.
Are people really debating how good men look in here? Time to look for a new Texans message board.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #119
Lord Bills
Destruction

Quote:

It's clear that you have a dislike for Schaub and that your opinion might be a tad bit biased. Taking personal shots at Schaub's name and appearance is pretty juvenile. Also notice you did not take on the names issue that you said "they all have great names and are fairly good looking" . It's funny also that you chose photos of the other men in their youth (Still ugly), but chose the least flattering pic you could find of Schaub in his 30's.

See that is the funny thing about perceptions. While you may believe that everyone else' perception is the same as yours is, I can assure you that is not the case. Yea because registered sex offenders are known for dressing nice and always going to the Kentucky Derby with hot former cheeleader's right?

Nice though that you are able to speak for all fathers out there though. Where did you acquire such a talent?

Peyton Manning has a face that only a mother could love. Stand by your posts all you want. Your theory is not only totally bogus (which I showed), it also makes you look like a shallow minded bully who thinks it's fun to kick people while they are down by making fun of their name and appearance, which of course has nothing to do with this thread.
Quote:
Yea, nothing says "Real American Man" like an unbuttoned silk shirt, exposed gold chain and pooka shells, hairy chest and a comb over.

Mmmm Mmmm Good.

And just for the record. Casey is a girls name also, so once a again your theory is bunk Lord Bills. The fact that he shortened it down to just Case shows he is self conscience about it.

Old 10-20-2013   #120
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
... Yes?

What the Keenum fan club is missing is that people are not "anti-Keenum". They/we are anti-unfounded hype/ridiculous hyperbole/expectations. I think that most every fan of the Texans wants to see Keenum succeed.
None of of what you describe has ever existed. I've spoken with fans all over this city and know this board very well. NO ONE hardly other then a hand full of the typical homer hopefuls have enshrined Keenum into Canton like so many of you guys keep exaggerating. There has been a huge movement due to Schaub's downward spiral from last season that everyone witnessed and his train crash that followed this season. Add in the existence of the godly awful Yates that got the 2nd string job purely out of being here longer caused a ton of people to scream for Keenum a lot louder then they should have had to. Case's name wouldn't go away because are other QB's wouldn't make his name go away especially under a HC that shouldn't even be a HC. Fans are desperate to have a QB that can make plays with his feet after having a statue for years and having a HC that is so easy for coordinators to figure out every season. So as a result, fans are desperate for a guy who can lead this offense in spite of Kubiak's lack of being able to adapt in this offense.

Throughout all of that NO ONE has acted like Case Keenum is some guarantee for the future. They desperately want to see what he has, and many of you refuse to even think that he might have some potential.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read