Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #141
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

So much for Kubiak wouldn't start Keenum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I think that if our coaches stop being so predictable we can beat anyone.
Cries of predictability follow L's. Lose a few games and everyone becomes Captain I Knew the Play.
Old 10-17-2013   #142
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Guys, what if Case Keenum is actually good and accidentally saves Kubiak's job?

GOD. NO.
Well you can't have it all. Do you prefer to have Case succeed, or Gary fired? I don't care what happens, I just want the Texans to win.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #143
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
7 pages in one hour.

Wow... allz Iz gots to say....

Wow.
Particularly impressive when you consider that this is your first (and so far only) post in it.
Old 10-17-2013   #144
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ignore button works wonders for trolls like 2012Champs
So someone is a troll if their views do not jive with your views? Who did you say was 13 again?

I have plenty of friends that we don't see eye to eye on some topics, but I don't hit the ignore button on them because being closed minded is a detriment, not an asset. Stop using the word Troll because you obviously do not understand the definition.

Can we keep this thread to it's topic instead of this pissing contest stuff please?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #145
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Some nice words by Kubiak.

Quote:
Kubiak made the decision Wednesday night. He told Keenum of his decision Thursday morning, then announced the change to the team before practice.

"His eyes got kind of big, but he's excited," Kubiak said. "He's a competitor and he's a very confident young man. We went out there today and I thought he practiced really well.

"He's been in big games, a lot on his shoulders, big stage, played in a lot of football games. I know it's a tremendous opportunity. It's what you work for as a kid. You get into this league and you look for an opportunity and, all of a sudden, here's an opportunity for him very early in his career. We're excited for him as a football team."
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #146
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Why are folks second guessing Kubiak's playcalling?

At the end of the day, players have to execute. Every play is designed to succeed, but players have to make it happen.

Kubiak's playcalling was good enough in 2011 and 2012 to make the playoffs and win games.

Heck, Shanahan has said many times that Kubiak was calling ALL offensive plays when Elway won those back-to-back Super Bowls.

Honestly, harping on Kukiak's playcalling right now sounds like a set up for a built in excuse if Keenum does not play up to expectations.

Keenum will ultimately decide Keenum's fate, not Kubiak's playcalling. While not the most exciting, those plays can certainly win some games if executed properly.

Just sayin' GO CASE!!!
I think Schaub recently has not made Kubiak look good. As the INTs piled up he became more and more shellshocked it seemed. Never going deep, misreading defenses and making some of the dumbest passes I've seen in a while.

I'm not sure why Keenum would make a difference...but he seems to spread the love around from what I've seen (and will test deep). In that he's not going to fall in love with any WR, he's just simply going to the man whose open and doing so quickly. That ALWAYS works in the NFL, hard for the defense to defend routes when the QB is making everyone a threat.

Any ways I hope he's that spark that Kubiak is looking for.
Old 10-17-2013   #147
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Swearinger over Keo...Kubiak realizes his back is against the wall....Last stop to unemployment is boarding............now!!
If you're into conspiracy theories, imagine.......

Kubiak: Winning's the most important thing. I'm going with Keenum.

Wade: Oh yeah, well I see your Case Keenum & raise you Shilo Keo!!
Old 10-17-2013   #148
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I could care less ...
You could? How?
Old 10-17-2013   #149
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah!
Kubiak Happens!
Old 10-17-2013   #150
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Becuase it's the same plays that he ran in 2011 & 2012...third time around the sun the other teams finally catch on.
I understand that perspective.

However, on the flip side, perhaps the perceived predictability was due to the limitations imposed by the QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I think that if our coaches stop being so predictable we can beat anyone.

I feel that the NFL has figured Wade and Gary out. They know how to scheme against us and our coaches aren't responding.

I want some off the wall play calling so that our guys aren't fighting an uphill battle because of non adjustments.

So, no, not in spite of Kubiak and Co, I think with some imagination our coaches can turn this around.
Schaub has tended to telegraph his reads. We see it in the replays where he's locked onto his receiver and never looks away. I am positive that this was the case with at least two of his pick 6's this year.

Heck, even the announcers point out wide open receivers that never got looked at.

Personnel often dictate gameplan. Not having a QB that can even escape the breath of pressure puts severe limitations on play calling.

BTW, I'm not letting Kubiak completely off the hook. It's ultimately ALL his responsibility as a head coach.

That being said, I do look forward to seeing what Case's skill-set can bring to the table with regards to calling plays.

Quote:

GOD. NO.
YES! I'm not a Kubiak fan, but I would not have a problem if Keenum becomes his savior, even if it means saving his head coach's job.

I'm not ready for a rebuild. This season still has life left in it, dammit!!
Old 10-17-2013   #151
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
No, he's not. That's become abundantly clear over the past few years.

The only reason he's making changes now is because his back is up against the wall and it gives him some time to fend off the 'firing' talk.
He could've stuck with Yates.

So IMO, this is progress.

As sorry as kubiak has been as a head coach, it is possible for people to grow/learn on the job so his past decisions don't always have to be linked with his present or future decisions.

It's a good indicator, but certainly not the final word.

Starting case over TJ is a bold move. It's an un-kubiak type and I think this's clearly a sign of desperation or change. I hope it works out for him so he'll be more willing to step out on that ledge more in the future.

This one move doesn't mean kubiak is a new man, but it can be a start to him being more willing to not always go with the status quo.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #152
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you're into conspiracy theories, imagine.......

Kubiak: Winning's the most important thing. I'm going with Keenum.

Wade: Oh yeah, well I see your Case Keenum & raise you Shilo Keo!!
Swearinger is starting over keo.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #153
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

GOD. NO.
Elway looked pretty damn good with the same offense as Kubes runs, if Case can look like Elway in it, Ill take it.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #154
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Swearinger is starting over keo.

Keo is more of a free safety, the rookie is the true strong.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #155
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Some nice words by Kubiak.

link
So this means after only one day of sharing snaps with TJ their minds were made up...things that make you go hmmmm....

Is TJ that bad? Case that good? Or Kubiak looking for a life line? Or something else?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #156
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 129140 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

So is Kubiak going to do the unthinkable and alter or tweak his game plan to minimize the chances of keenum screwing up?
Old 10-17-2013   #157
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
So this means after only one day of sharing snaps with TJ their minds were made up...things that make you go hmmmm....

Is TJ that bad? Case that good? Or Kubiak looking for a life line? Or something else?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Honestly, Kubiak knew ever since last game when Yates threw those two picks, that Keenum would be starting this week.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #158
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

GOD. NO.
Simple. It was in spite of Kubiak, not because of him. Of course, if Case stinks it up then it's solely down to the play calling and Kubiak not having him 'prepared'.

WOW! This game is easy! I love being a message board GM...
Old 10-17-2013   #159
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

I wonder how much input McNair had on the decision? Like did he say something like "start Keenum or else"?

At least the game on Sunday became must watch TV again.
Judging by the reactions, maybe the it was the Texans marketing department. They would have waited he s home game though...
Old 10-17-2013   #160
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

GOD. NO.
Oh no, we start winning! OH THE HORROR!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read