Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #81
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Case Keenum to start Sunday

SWEET!!!! Just to see the unknown... one way or another. Can't be worse than what we're already seen this year.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #82
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I hope it ends that way. Or its a Romo-like situation.

Math and history certainly aren't with the Texans however.
Eh, I disagree. Warner was the first UDFA to do it big, then about seven years later it was Romo and about seven years after Romo, its Keenum's turn. NFL is due for another udfa to make it big. And who wears #7? Just saying.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #83
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasnt excited for this game, but NOW i am the most pumped i have been in a long time for a game. I have a good feeling about this !
Old 10-17-2013   #84
BleedsRocketRed
Open the Roof!

Rep Power: 0 BleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Not sure if serious. Shouldn't you start at the Drew Brees-lite level first........then work up to Brady-lite?
Go big or go home!

This has got Brady (at worst Romo) story written all over it. (I can hope right?)

I can see Keenum having a creative offensive mind, lets just hope he isnt chained down by Kubes draconian style game management. I can see Keenum turning into an offensive juggernaut as his IQ is quite high for a QB and as young and raw as he is in the pros, it can only go up from here.

Only thing I am worried about is that we are playing the Chiefs defense/offense, in the loudest stadium in the country (arrowhead), against a team that is firing on all cylinders. This could be an epic upset that would vault Keenum instantly into Houston legendary status, or completely knock him down to the pits of Houston sports hell.
BleedsRocketRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #85
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 94266 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Congrats Case Keenum, and best of luck this weekend. Go beat the Chiefs!

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #86
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsRocketRed View Post
Go big or go home!

This has got Brady story written all over it. (I can hope right?) I'd take Drew Brees production though as well hahaha

I can see Keenum having a creative offensive mind, lets just hope he isnt chained down by Kubes draconian style game management. I can see Keenum turning into an offensive juggernaut. His IQ is quite high for a QB and as young and raw as he is in the pros, it can only go up from here.

Only thing I am worried about is that we are playing the Chiefs defense/offense, in the loudest stadium in the country (arrowhead), against a team that is firing on all cylinders. This could be an epic upset that would vault Keenum instantly into Houston legendary status, or completely knock him down to the pits of Houston sports hell.
Might as well put a bust up in Canton already too eh?

I'm not getting my hopes up only to watch them get squashed and be pissed off for half the week like I was this week. The RAMS game was miserable, it's been the first game I've ever left early in 6 years.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #87
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Well, one thing can be said. The move has energized the fanbase by looking at this thread and hearing some co-workers at the office here. No harm in that. I don't know about tossing the kid out on the road in such a hostile environment against what many perceive the best defense in the league but hey...baptize by fire, right?
Yep. Buzzing here at UH too, obviously.
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2013   #88
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

"RELAX, I got this"

Old 10-17-2013   #89
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

A 2nd year rookie making his initial start against one of the best defenses in the league in a very loud and hostile stadium. What could go wrong? LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #90
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a little surprised by the decision, but I'm glad Kubiak is doing something. We need a spark and this is probably the only way to do it.

That said, Keenum will need to learn in a hurry out here. This defense is going to be coming at him fast and often. Hopefully the O-line gets its **** together.

I also hope the coaching staff opens up the playbook and let's Case throw some different looks.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #91
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Go big or go home!

This has got Brady (at worst Romo) story written all over it. (I can hope right?)
Lol, we can only wish at worst Romo.

You seen him play this year?
Old 10-17-2013   #92
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49032 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Dont start making excuses ahead of time

I hope the kid does well
Amazingly enough I agree with you.

What a couple of d-bags already wishing negativity on the team.

As far as excuses there wont be any needed.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #93
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I echo the sentiment in this thread that I'm excited about this game!

Not that I have a bunch of unrealistic high hopes for Keenum, but rather it's something different and desperate times call for desperate measures.

The team has to know that Kubiak's job is on the line now. If they really like him as a head coach, then now is the time to rally around Case and make something good happen this year. Otherwise, we are probably looking at high draft pick on a QB under a new regime.

Hope for the best... ...but prepare for reality.
Old 10-17-2013   #94
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
A 2nd year rookie making his initial start against one of the best defenses in the league in a very loud and hostile stadium. What could go wrong? LOL
Exactly!
Old 10-17-2013   #95
BleedsRocketRed
Open the Roof!

Rep Power: 0 BleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respectedBleedsRocketRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

Yeah I know. But I am entering this with an open mind. What else is there to lose? If we B level production from Keenum, I would call this move a success. Even if we lose. The Cheifs are just a better team overall and keeping Shaub or Yates wouldn't really change the outcome that dramatically in my opinion.
BleedsRocketRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #96
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post

Yeah he has played pretty good. Oh wait, he threw a pick at the end of the Broncos game, he sucks!
Old 10-17-2013   #97
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Our machine shop went bat**** crazy I thought China was invading trying to collect their debt, but equally as shocking Case.Freaking.Keenum.

He could become an HTown legend starting Sunday. I'm a little excited, nothing left to lose. You go with Yates against KC and you pretty much concede the game, Keenum makess it interesting no doubt. Hopefully he doesn't get Carr Bombed getting thrown into the fire against the one of the best D's.

I wonder how much input McNair had on the decision? Like did he say something like "start Keenum or else"?

At least the game on Sunday became must watch TV again.
Old 10-17-2013   #98
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49032 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Best news of the season so far to me.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #99
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26601 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I know. But I am entering this with an open mind. What else is there to lose? If we B level production from Keenum, I would call this move a success. Even if we lose. The Cheifs are just a better team overall and keeping Shaub or Yates wouldn't really change the outcome that dramatically in my opinion.
The Chiefs are 6-0 but it doesn't mean much to me. The Texans have to clean up their mistakes. Stop turning the ball over and committing so many penalties. Let's not beat ourselves. Do that and I don't see any reason why the Texans can't win at Arrowhead Stadium. We haven't lost there before.
Old 10-17-2013   #100
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always wanted Keenum to save us, home town hero an all that kind of stuff. I just hope this isn't to soon to throw him to some of the badest wolves in the league.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read