Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2013   #81
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre's thoughts on Keenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We should run the ball 75 % of the time. Case Keenum is going to be fine. Hopefully our defense plays well and our special teams doesn't suck too bad. If the Texans get an early lead we can play our game and not worry about the crowd noise or their pass rush.
Bolded . If i had a nickle everytime i heard that and everytime i do it always ends in a devistating loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post

True, I was happily surprised. Unfortunately, this one is on the road at Arrowhead, not the cozy confines of Reliant. Kubiak is 2-0 vs. the Chiefs, Andy Reid is 3-0 vs. the Texans. Something has to give.
Andy Reed will pick us apart with spreading the ball around and using Match-up, the ball will be out before we establish a pass rush, but hopefully there injured O-line will give us some plays

IMO that relates to the thread. Give CK a shot... Schaub's hurt and will not win us this game even if he wasn't. We know TJ Yates is not the future. It needs to be next man up if they aren't performing, not just if they are injured
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #82
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

We haven't had many leads this season to run the ball consistently in the second half of games. And in three of our losses, against the Rams, Seahawks and Ravens, I thought we ran the ball pretty well.

We actually had a 20-3 lead at halftime and a 6-3 lead late in the second quarter in two of those games. But a Matt Schaub pick six changed the momentum of both games.

Just playing conservatively we should have performed much better but hey, at 2-4 it's not over yet. The Colts will likely drop to 4-3 after they lose to the Broncos. If we can beat the Chiefs and head into the bye week at 3-4, we have to feel pretty good about our chances to still win the AFC South.

That would set up the big game against the Colts at Reliant Stadium on Sunday Night Football with a well rested Texans team. Win that game and the AFC South is right in front of us moving forward. I would say this team has to fight through the adversity. We are going to find out if they have the resiliency to do so. Like J.J. Watt said, no time to talk anymore. He will let his play on the field speak for itself. Every player on this team needs to have that attitude.

People act like the 6-0 Kansas City Chiefs are the greatest team on the planet and impossible to beat at Arrowhead Stadium. If the Texans play hard for 60 minutes and don't turn the ball over, I believe the Texans can come away with a season-saving win.
Old 10-17-2013   #83
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

We run the ball quite nicely between the 20's. When we enter the red zone, Kubiak's Dennys menu calls for arse holes to pucker and clench, and we become team Field Goal* (*if Chubs can get the ball between the uprights).

The run game has gotten better and probably isn't an issue right now...it's the "OMG WE'RE IN THE RED ZONE" Conserviak playcalling that's killing any sort of momentum (all deference to Bill Barnwell) we have. Predictiak just starts clenching up, especially if the running game can't get it done in the RZ. Run, run, pass 5 yards behind the first down marker, bring out Chubs and pray.

Meh. This team is not only depressing, they're BORING.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #84
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
We run the ball quite nicely between the 20's. When we enter the red zone, Kubiak's Dennys menu calls for arse holes to pucker and clench, and we become team Field Goal* (*if Chubs can get the ball between the uprights).

The run game has gotten better and probably isn't an issue right now...it's the "OMG WE'RE IN THE RED ZONE" Conserviak playcalling that's killing any sort of momentum (all deference to Bill Barnwell) we have. Predictiak just starts clenching up, especially if the running game can't get it done in the RZ. Run, run, pass 5 yards behind the first down marker, bring out Chubs and pray.

Meh. This team is not only depressing, they're BORING.
I agree with you that Kubiak's offense in the redzone isn't the most creative, but it is effective. It is effective as long as the team doesn't make mistakes, and the offense has been making mistakes galore! We were #8 in the league in regards to redzone/TD percentage, until the Rams game. In the Rams game we got to the redzone alot (6 times I believe), but shot ourselves in the foot in each trip.

We need to simply clean up our own mistakes and I think we'll be a good redzone team.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #85
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post

Quote:
Meh. This team is not only depressing, they're BORING

Sums it up nicely for me too.

Watching the Texans in the red zone is like watching a re-run of Titanic, you know how it's going to turn out. No happy ending.

Hopefully Keenum's mobility will improve our red zone efficiency.

IF he gets into the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read