Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak Presser

Exascor

Veteran
Just a few notes:
Kubiak won't say Schaub is the starter if he's healthy. Take this with a grain of salt - he also said I'm going to prepare "Case & TJ" to play. Not TJ & Case.

Manning hasn't been confirmed to has a broken fibula.
Still evaluating Schaub. He's been getting shots and is still sore.

Nothing else but typical coach speak.

Ill give credit to McClain he went full bore #FREECASE on Kubiak. Every QB question involved Case specifically

Lol at how everyone is grasping at anything to have some hope...yes sir desperation has truly set in..
This team needs a spark. If you want to have a chance at still making the postseason, you need something to shake things up. Will playing Keenum guarantee a win vs KC? Of course not. Will Keenum be the next Tom Brady? Seriously doubtful. Will he make me MUCH more interested in watching the next few weeks? Heck yeah.

This team needs a spark. If you want to have a chance at still making the postseason, you need something to shake things up. Will playing Keenum guarantee a win vs KC? Of course not. Will Keenum be the next Tom Brady? Seriously doubtful. Will he make me MUCH more interested in watching the next few weeks? Heck yeah.

Exactly.

Keenum needs to start, we pretty much know what Yates is capable of and even though he took the Texans pretty far when he was forced to start...it was more because of how great everyone around him was playing.

And he still had a tendency to throw INTs. Now is not the time to put someone out there because he has seniority.

I don't know if Kubiak is hell bent on Schaub due to loyalty. Or it is over 6 years he did a piss poor job of getting a second string quarterback that he feels comfortable taking the chains off and running the damn offense

Buffalo had to start a Practice squad QB against Cincy and they about pulled it off. Their offense had a lot more spark than what we have seen lately

TJ came in and I was hoping Kubiak would have some urgency with the offense and just flat out go with it....hell no he didn't. If you can't trust TJ why didn't we bring in someone to push him or even Matt?

Been 3 years with TJ and if he doesn't know the offense by now, he never will

Lol at how everyone is grasping at anything to have some hope...yes sir desperation has truly set in..

"Desperation is a stinky cologne"

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Desperation_of_Shearer.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know if Kubiak is hell bent on Schaub due to loyalty. Or it is over 6 years he did a piss poor job of getting a second string quarterback that he feels comfortable taking the chains off and running the damn offense

Buffalo had to start a Practice squad QB against Cincy and they about pulled it off. Their offense had a lot more spark than what we have seen lately

Well, he did not display loyalty at the presser today. When asked if Schaub would start if he was healthy, Kubiak said something like, "well, we need to get him healthy and then I will evaluate who will start..."

It seemed clear in the presser that:

1. He plans to start Case this week... or,
2. He is strongly considering it and simply hasn't decided yet.
3. He is not content with Schaub's play- when given an opportuntiy to commend Schaub's performance yesterday, he didn't do it. Instead, he said something like, "it was better, but..."

With Schaub's ankle injury, the upcoming bye week, and the 2-4 record, I have no idea what may play out the next two weeks. I tell you what, though... They better sit Schaub down instead of starting a hobbled version of him against the Chiefs in KC. He will get creamed this week!

By the way, Kubiak had a hysterical reaction when someone mentioned that the Chiefs had 10 sacks yesterday. His face told the story!

The presser is purposely vague to make KC guess as to whom they will be facing..........purposely keeping Schaub in the mix.

If there was no mention of the MRI results, I would virtually guarantee that not only will Schaub not start Sunday, but also that, due to whatever likely injury(ies) he sustained, he will not be able to play again (even if Kubiak wanted him to or Schaub wanted to) before at least 2-4 weeks. If the MRI was negative or would have have shown something minimal and encouraging, Kubiak would be volunteering every detail of the test to the world.

Most of us hope Keenum starts to see what we have in him, but I think Kubiak is too scared

Exactly.

Keenum needs to start, we pretty much know what Yates is capable of and even though he took the Texans pretty far when he was forced to start...it was more because of how great everyone around him was playing.

And he still had a tendency to throw INTs. Now is not the time to put someone out there because he has seniority.

Yeah...according to you guys its time to start a guy who hasnt seen any live bullets in a regular season in his career..:rolleyes:

[/B]

Yeah...according to you guys its time to start a guy who hasnt seen any live bullets in a regular season in his career..:rolleyes:

Yeah, because most of us saw the result of putting in a backup QB who HAS seen live bullets in a regular season game, and came to the conclusion that Yates is a Schaub clone, and putting him in as starter solves exactly nothing...

I'm already in draft mode. This team isn't making the playoffs.

This, I gave them til the Rams game to turn it around. I was fine with a weak start, beats going weak before playoffs, but I said if they didn't beat the Rams I was calling the season.

I will still watch, I want the W, but I can't really be surprised with a L in ANY of the remaining games.

IF we lose to Jags however, we will be in worse shape than I even currently suspect.

On the coach show on 610 he was vague again. He's not going to tip his hand this early.

Honestly, I think he's going with case. I think that's the guy he identified as his pet project and he's willing to go through some growing pains with him.

Also, I do think TJ will play better with more work, but like tkyss said in another thread....no matter the circumstances, you can't be TJ Yates and get that opportunity and come in and play that poorly.

I'm ready to see case now. Been ready. Need to see him to see what we have to work with going forward.

The presser is purposely vague to make KC guess as to whom they will be facing..........purposely keeping Schaub in the mix.

If there was no mention of the MRI results, I would virtually guarantee that not only will Schaub not start Sunday, but also that, due to whatever likely injury(ies) he sustained, he will not be able to play again (even if Kubiak wanted him to or Schaub wanted to) before at least 2-4 weeks. If the MRI was negative or would have have shown something minimal and encouraging, Kubiak would be volunteering every detail of the test to the world.

If that was a grade 2 sprain I'm thinking more like 2 months. Who knows he may have even torn his ATFL or CFL and could be done for the year.

Honestly, I think he's going with case. I think that's the guy he identified as his pet project and he's willing to go through some growing pains with him.

If Case is his pet project, I can't imagine him not feeling like it's "now or never" Case probably isn't ready, but neither was Geno Smith but the Jets are much more optimistic about their season than we are & that ain't right.

LMFAO, yep because they would be a real SKEERED if they knew who we wuz a throwin out there ...

Doesn't change the reason. Of all the "choices," they would probably rather not have to deal with a total unknown that can think quickly, move quickly and deliver quickly............

If Case is his pet project, I can't imagine him not feeling like it's "now or never" Case probably isn't ready, but neither was Geno Smith but the Jets are much more optimistic about their season than we are & that ain't right.

If Keenum can show that with as little preparation as he will have going into this game, he can "hang in there," he will be groomed through the Bye for the Colts.

Yeah, because most of us saw the result of putting in a backup QB who HAS seen live bullets in a regular season game, and came to the conclusion that Yates is a Schaub clone, and putting him in as starter solves exactly nothing...

Exactly man...really not sure how this is a hard thing to see? There is not a QB out there the Texans are gonna bring in and get them to a SB this year. There is probably not a QB on the roster who will get the Texans to a SB this year.

So what is the end result? Pretty obvious.

May as well give the kid a shot.....

[/B]

Have you seen the QB play on this team over the last 5 games? Schaub/Yates look like players who have never any regular season bullets either. Is there any reason to believe Keenum would be significantly worse? Not IMO. I don't think one can say that starting Schaub or Yates is clearly a better option than starting Keenum with as bad as their play has been. Now, I am no Case homer. I just think that the "Keenum has no experience" argument is a really weak one at this point.

Hell, I think Kubiak sees the same thing. That;s why he so adamantly stressed that both Case and TJ were being prepped to play. Kubiak's loyal/stubborn status quo is usually "TJ's our number two, so we'll prep him to start." We're not even seeing that this week.

If Keenum can show that with as little preparation as he will have going into this game, he can "hang in there," he will be groomed through the Bye for the Colts.

This. I'm for seeing what Keenum has but no way do you throw him to the wolves in KC, at the very least take that extra bye and have his first start be at home against Indy. It's a nationally televised game, and we all know how those can be for the Texans, but you can't start him this Sunday.

Kubiak plays dumb on injuries regularly, even when it is good news... The clue was "we dodged a bullet..." or "we got lucky"... reference Schaub's leg. I think you are right that Schaub won't be playing this Sunday. However, with the bye week coming up and the comment I mentioned, I think that Kubiak believes Schaub will be ready to return for the Indy game following the bye.

It is going to be interesting, though... if the Texans can go into KC and win this badly needed game with Yates or Keenum, I'm not sure how Schaub re-enters the starting role at home on a Sunday night vs. Indy in that set of circumstances. So, this is going to be quite interesting and it is a predicament that I'm sure Kubiak is dreading as we speak.

This. I'm for seeing what Keenum has but no way do you throw him to the wolves in KC, at the very least take that extra bye and have his first start be at home against Indy. It's a nationally televised game, and we all know how those can be for the Texans, but you can't start him this Sunday.

I believe CnD was saying if Keenum starts against KC don't expect too much and then he will have extra time for a better test in the Colts game.

If this guy is supposed to be the salvation of the team why can't he play? - is he that fragile? If you believe he has the better chance of winning then you are doing a disservice to the whole team to effectively concede the game trotting TJ out there.

Back