Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Report:Manning out 6-8 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I see where you're coming from, but what have you seen that leads you to believe that the Texans can pull this out. Our schedule is far from a cream puff one and the team seems to be imploding, judging by the product on the field not media reports or player quotes.
In all honesty, I think cheering Schaub's injury pissed them off. Now, they'll rally around the gimp & play like they know they can.
Old 10-15-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Doable? We have a better record than the Jags and Steelers in the AFC. That's it. The 0-fer Jags and the 1 win Steelers. Other than that every team in the AFC is in the race...mathematically. WE GOT A SHOT!
Exactly. Don't make sense giving up now.
Old 10-15-2013   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Doable? We have a better record than the Jags and Steelers in the AFC. That's it. The 0-fer Jags and the 1 win Steelers. Other than that every team in the AFC is in the race...mathematically. WE GOT A SHOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Exactly. Don't make sense giving up now.
stop trolling me with your Dorris Day techniques.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #44
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I was wanting them to pick up Kerry Rhodes instead of signing the dinosaur. He's still a FA. Don't know if the whole him being gay thing is an issue but I think it'd be a perfect fit for the squad anyway.
It shouldn't be an issue but when it comes to this team and how they operate you know it would be a huge issue.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #45
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Didn't see your pic before I posted. Definitely classic knee hyperextension. Thanks for posting.
Ah yeah thanks for the info CnD. It doesn't look good for a return. Those hyperextension injuries can be really bad. I don't see him returning this season.

I'm also suprised with the Texans' sudden lack of information releases regarding Manning and Schaub's injury.

Schaub's "little bit of everything" with his leg makes me really wonder, especially since they MRI'd his ankle and knee.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Ah yeah thanks for the info CnD. It doesn't look good for a return. Those hyperextension injuries can be really bad. I don't see him returning this season.

I'm also suprised with the Texans' sudden lack of information releases regarding Manning and Schaub's injury.

Schaub's "little bit of everything" with his leg makes me really wonder, especially since they MRI'd his ankle and knee.
Actually, they only MRI'ed his lower leg, including his ankle and foot.....no knee.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #47
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

well this is just getting better and better
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Mannin IRed

MODS might want to change the thread title.
Old 10-16-2013   #49
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah yes, I look forward to many weeks of the Shiloh Keo.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Default Re: UPDATE: Danieal Manning on IR

Manning will undergo surgery on Friday.
Old 10-16-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Ah yes, I look forward to many weeks of the Shiloh Keo.
It's strange they put Shilo in. We haven't seen him play that role..... ever, I don't think.

Wade's going to have to change things up a bit. He's not going to bring Reed into the box & I can't imagine Shilo playing man coverage on any TEs. & Dj isn't very good either.

I bet we'll see Brandon Harris manning up on TEs.
Old 10-16-2013   #52
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're ****ed on both sides of the ball now.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #53
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15379 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys, the Rockets are about to be on!! Our saviors.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;2229955]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post

link

Hradhak,

Evidently, the Texans don't want the findings released. The story of the MRI AND CT scan make little sense. As usual, we are given little information to go by.

First thing you think of with a knee hyperextension is the PCL (posterior collateral ligament) and/or the ACL. Now, if the report of no ligament damage is accurate, I'm starting to believe there may be a stress or otherwise tibial (possibly plateau) fracture or a fracture involving a bone fragment attached to a knee ligament (which could be technically be referred to as "not having any ligament tears"). None of these would involved a return to play in less than 2 months, and probably more realistically longer.
Quote:
Manning will undergo surgery on Friday.
The Texans have now volunteered that Manning suffered a "cracked bone in the knee." This is what I posted as my impression when they reported that there was no ligament damage and it was a "serious knee injury."

It can have some serious implications since it goes through and damages the joint cartilage of the knee joint. Our OT Spencer was a victim of multiple (comminuted) fractures of the tibial plateau........this was an example of the worse kind of this type of injury.
Old 10-16-2013   #55
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;2231146]
Quote:

The Texans have now volunteered that Manning suffered a "cracked bone in the knee." This is what I posted as my impression when they reported that there was no ligament damage and it was a "serious knee injury."

Doc, what's your prognosis?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #56
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

[quote=Texanmike02;2231148]
Quote:

Doc, what's your prognosis?

Mike
Since this was not defined immediately on plain x-rays, and required MRI to identify, I have to believe it is probably a stress fracture of the tibial plateau, and will probably not have significantly damaged the joint cartilage. If this is indeed the case, he should be back next year without much affect, if any, on his performance.
Old 10-16-2013   #57
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

On a different note, we will be facing a familiar face, who at one time was actually brought in to replace Manning during his fibula fracture absence.

Quote:
When hes not returning kickoffs for the Chiefs Demps leads the team with a 35.2-yard average in five returns hes also being used in the defensive backfield in certain sub packages, where he leads the team in interceptions and is second on the team in pass deflections with eight despite playing fewer than half the snaps of most of the defensive starters.
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/10/15...#storylink=cpy
Old 10-16-2013   #58
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Is sure is nice seeing players leave here then go somewhere else and kick ass. Last I remember Demps, he was being scorched by TY Hilton, happened twice last season iirc.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #59
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Is sure is nice seeing players leave here then go somewhere else and kick ass. Last I remember Demps, he was being scorched by TY Hilton, happened twice last season iirc.
And he straight up dropped a sure pick 6 from Luck during our home game last year.
Old 10-17-2013   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Drew Dougherty:

Quote:
The 2013 season for Danieal Manning is over, as the Texans placed the veteran safety on injured reserve Tuesday because of a right knee tibial plateau fracture. Head coach Gary Kubiak said the loss of the eighth-year defensive back hurts in more ways than one.

"I think D-Man played at a Pro Bowl level for us," Kubiak said Wednesday. "Hes a big leader on our football team. Were going to miss him."

Manning was on crutches and said he'll have surgery this Friday. He said he's not in any physical pain, but can't put much weight on his right leg. Even though his season is over, he said it could've been much worse.

"I'm fortunate that it's just that," Manning said of the injury. "In the pictures you guys have seen, it looks bad. It could've been an ACL, a whole knee repair, but thank God it wasn't anything like that."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read